The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midcarders of Yesteryear= Main Eventers Today?

+13
Mr H
VDT
Dr Gregory House MD
NickisBHAFC
Don Caboose
Fluxy
TwisT
JamesLincs
MtotheC
liverbnz
Gregers
Shot 21 LCFC
ncfc_Tooze
17 posters

Go down

Midcarders of Yesteryear= Main Eventers Today? Empty Midcarders of Yesteryear= Main Eventers Today?

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:12 pm

In years past there have been midcarders far more talented and over than todays main eventers. What I'm looking to get your opinions on is, who do you think from the WWE's past do you think would be main-eventing today if they were in their prime now?

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Midcarders of Yesteryear= Main Eventers Today? Empty Re: Midcarders of Yesteryear= Main Eventers Today?

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:35 pm

K Kwik?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Midcarders of Yesteryear= Main Eventers Today? Empty Re: Midcarders of Yesteryear= Main Eventers Today?

Post by Gregers Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:36 pm

MVP, Carlito, Masters and Lashley are the ones that spring to mind

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:48 pm

Masters, MVP and Carlito have all left the company within the last 1/2 years so I see no reason why they would be any further up the card now than they were then.

Edit: Ken Shamrock would have been a good bet, especially with his ufc background and Vince's hard-on about slipping into the mainstream these past few years.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:06 pm

MVP should have been main eventing after his initial heel run when he debuted, WWE dropped the ball on him. Same with Masters and Carlito - elimination chamber anyone?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:15 pm

Billy Gunn's my pick I thought he had pretty much all the tools, was unlucky to be in the same era that produced rock, Austin, hhh, hbk, Mick foley etc etc if he was in his prime today then he would have been a world champion.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:15 pm

billy gunn?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

great minds Wink

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

i was also thinking of rikishi, godfather, x-pac, taz

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:37 pm

Piper.....

I am trying to think of early 90's stars, instead of ones that have been in the company up to 5 years ago.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:44 pm

Rikishi, Rhyno and Sean O'Haire

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:53 pm

Mr Perfect.

Crush

Ricky Steamboat (was a main eventer in NWA/WCW but not WWF)

Scott Hall

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:55 pm

rhino, raven, Regal, Muhammad Hassan

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:56 pm

Bobby Lashley, Rhyno, Mark Jindrak, Muhamid Hassan

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

Hassan was a definite

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:21 pm

Yeah hassan could have been huge, a really talented guy who had the ability to garner massive amounts of heat, a top quality heal and solid in ring performer.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

In fairness Hassan was well on his way to becoming a main eventer in his own time, had WWE not messed everything up with the 7/7 angle, Hassan by all accounts was schedualed to win what turned out to be his last ever match against the Undertaker at the GAB and then win the WHC from Batista at Summerslam, if that dosn't mean the WWE have main event plans for you I don't know what does

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:31 pm

WWE should never have planned the attack on Taker, Hassan didnt need it as he was already over and getting more heat than anyone at that time.

And your New World Heavyweight Champion is Muhammed Hassan!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:40 pm

Bobby Lashely was another who would have been a main eventer in his own time (and probably would still be now) if he hadn't left following his spat with the WWE, it's arguable that he wasn't already in the main event at that time anyways, for the record though he shouldn't have been anywhere near the main event, the fundemental problem why the WWE appears weak in comparision to the older genarations in recent times is that no longer do wrestlers spend years perfecting thier craft before they get a shot at the big time, Lashely was promising in his debut months on Smackdown, young, athletic etc etc but he was shoved into a position by the WWE that he was clearly not ready for, he couldn't hold together a 15+ minute PPV match against someone who was clearly not a master worker al a Finaly and should have been give a few more years possibly to really develop into the position his body demanded, plus he had a girls voice just saying

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:02 pm

Jake the Snake for me - just mind games, 10 times better than Orton!

I think a younger Finaly could have been a legend, far too old by the time he got on TV
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:10 pm

I didnt rate Lashley whatsoever. He lacked the two fundamentals to make it - charisma and talking ability. If you have them, you can get over without being majestic in ring - see Batista.

If Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase, Mr Perfect, Roddy Piper and Davey Boy were in their prime in this day and age, they'd all be World Champions.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:17 pm

Lashley was just not that talented, his title match with cena was built up to a ridiculous level with all the pre match interviews of former stars giving their opinions on the result, that match was a massive dud!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:04 pm

I don't if he would have ever been allowed anywhere near a WWE World Title but Raven is always one that jumps into my mind on this topic.

He was so underrated it was criminal. He was a great in ring worker and fantastic on the mic. It was a shame that because he was ECW he was perceived as the hardcore guy much like Taz.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:38 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:In fairness Hassan was well on his way to becoming a main eventer in his own time, had WWE not messed everything up with the 7/7 angle, Hassan by all accounts was schedualed to win what turned out to be his last ever match against the Undertaker at the GAB and then win the WHC from Batista at Summerslam, if that dosn't mean the WWE have main event plans for you I don't know what does

Exactly! real shame the angle was ditched. The heat he got was crazy, would have been great to see him as World Champion.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 11:49 pm

Mr H wrote:I didnt rate Lashley whatsoever. He lacked the two fundamentals to make it - charisma and talking ability. If you have them, you can get over without being majestic in ring - see Batista.

If Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase, Mr Perfect, Roddy Piper and Davey Boy were in their prime in this day and age, they'd all be World Champions.

Totally agree.... I'd probably add Rick Rude to that list

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:15 am

I really liked Jacques Rougeau ever as The Mountie before the gimmick got abit silly.

I'd also think Tito Santana and the Big Boss Man as a heel.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:32 am

Just thought of a good one.....

Brian Pillman.

RIP.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by poc.sco Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:42 am

British Bulldog

poc.sco

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 20 Dec 2011, 5:50 pm

poc.sco wrote:British Bulldog

Agreed

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down