The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Toro Rosso Massacre!

4 posters

Go down

The Toro Rosso Massacre!  Empty The Toro Rosso Massacre!

Post by Bentyf1 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

Its been announced today that Jean - Eric Vergne and Daniel Ricciardo will replace Sebastian Buemi and Jaime Alguesuari at Toro Rosso for 2012. Wow! bit harsh on Alguesuari but Buemi I don't think really cuts it. No doubt Alguesuari will be in discussions with HRT shortly and Buemi may be pinning his hopes at bashing the door down at Caterham..The driver market has hit full gear with many drivers nearly on the scrapheap!
thoughts?

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

The Toro Rosso Massacre!  Empty Re: The Toro Rosso Massacre!

Post by Demon Racer Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:34 pm

Was to be expected really, neither Algesuari or Buemi ever looked like being capable of replacing Webber

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:34 pm

Alguesuari seems a better talent than Buemi but both fairly solid, however you sense never will be particularly stunning. Their is a titanic fight brewing for that Williams seat..and to a extent that HRT seat. I see D'Ambrosio and Buemi gunning for a possible Caterham seat

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:31 am

We've seen this Red Bull driver merry-go-round all before. If you fail to perform for Red Bull or Torro Rosso then you are treated like dirt and discarded. Scott Speed, Christian Klien, Buemi, Alguersuari.......I'm sure there was more. All these drivers will have to fend for themselves now but I fully expect Alguersuari to sign for HRT in the coming days. Unless Torro Rosso...(cough) Red Bull design a competitive car then Ricciardo and Vergne will just join the ever growing list of Red Bull reserve failures. I can't see how Ricciardo or Vergne would of done a superior job to that of Jaime & Buemi this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:37 pm

John wrote:We've seen this Red Bull driver merry-go-round all before. If you fail to perform for Red Bull or Torro Rosso then you are treated like dirt and discarded. Scott Speed, Christian Klien, Buemi, Alguersuari.......I'm sure there was more. All these drivers will have to fend for themselves now but I fully expect Alguersuari to sign for HRT in the coming days. Unless Torro Rosso...(cough) Red Bull design a competitive car then Ricciardo and Vergne will just join the ever growing list of Red Bull reserve failures. I can't see how Ricciardo or Vergne would of done a superior job to that of Jaime & Buemi this year.

my thoughts exactly.

Whats all this talk about people expect drivers to be with Caterham, havent they retained Kovi and Trulli? If not they should, particularly Kovi.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:26 pm

Bit of a mixed message in this Andrew Benson article:

Caterham F1 to set sights higher

It says they have retained Kovi and Trulli but that there is speculation over Jarno's seat and that he may be replaced by Ricciardo (which would be a mistake IMO).

Its sad that TR decided to axe both drivers...reminds me of those football teams who sack a manager just a few months after appointing him. Okay they haven't really pulled up any trees the last couple of seasons, but Alguersuari put in a few pretty impressive performances this season and I got the feeling that, given a decent car, he could probably finish in the points more regularly.

Good news for both him and Buemi is that there is still at least 1 seat going at Williams, possibly another at Caterham, plus 1 at HRT and maybe 2 at Virgin (anyone know what they're doing?)

I wish them both the best of luck in finding new drives.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:18 pm

Indeed Trulli brings years of knowledge and experience if nothing else.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down