The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firing your coach midseason

+3
crazy_dave23
Colan (niner)
Pr4wn
7 posters

Go down

Firing your coach midseason Empty Firing your coach midseason

Post by Pr4wn Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:58 pm

Evening all,

Just wanted to gether your thoughts on the Chiefs, Dolphind, Jags and Bucs, for example.

All four teams have no chance of reaching the playoffs yet three of them fired their coaches midseason. What was the point?

This would only serve to make players bitter, unsettle the locker room and whether you win or lose, you're still not in the playoffs.

I think that the Bucs should get rid of Raheem Morris.... at the end of the season when a successor can be found immediately.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Firing your coach midseason Empty Re: Firing your coach midseason

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:08 pm

. I don''t like it either ,it may be to have extra time to really push for the guy you want, there is no point in sacking a guy just to promote someone from your own set up. If gruden or someone at that level is available, an extra couple of months negotiating may help swing it.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:10 pm

I'm not a fan of midseason changes. When the season is so short it just seems a bit pointless.

You then conceivably end up with someone internal taking over as the interim and then being given the job because they did a half decent job and the owners felt obliged because they didn't want to loose that person as the coordinator etc.
Waiting till the end of the year means you can hire anyone. Leave your coordinators in their jobs (unless of course you really want to hire them as the HC) and build properly rather than set everything on pause

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

Some teams may see a benefit too it as they can fire their current head coach and see how their assistant does in the job, then you know if you're looking for a new o/d co-ordinator or one who can be a HC too.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:49 pm

To be honest, while i'm not a big fan of changes during the season (in any sport). I can see a certain logic of getting in early to get the man you want.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:06 am

I agree with most people here
There seems no point in changing coaches midseason in the NFL as the players can't learn a new playbook

The only sports it can work are Football , Rugby etc which have long seasons ,but i still don't like it on the whole
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:14 pm

TheHuddle.com is reporting that Raheem Morris was "almost fired Monday, Dec. 12; however, the team decided against it because they do no have enough coaches on staff."

Hardly a ringing endorsement. That doesn't bode well for him after the season.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down