The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA 12

3 posters

Go down

NCAA 12 Empty NCAA 12

Post by cherriesfna Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:06 pm

Cosidering getting it, but cant find it for the xbox on amazon only PS3, does anyone know where i can find it on xbox?

also anyone know if it is any good in comparison to madden 12?
and how the "franchise" or whatever it is called works
thanks
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

NCAA 12 Empty Re: NCAA 12

Post by BamBam Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:21 pm

Have a look on eBay thats where I got NCAA 11, it can be pretty pricey though. I loved that, the main game mode is Dynasty, you can start with a big college or one of the small ones and you control every aspect of your school. Recruiting is fun, trying to get big named players to come to you, but after a couple of years I found myself simming most of recruiting.

You can set your own schedules and create conferences too. It was fun online but I got beaten easily by most people

Gameplay wise I thought it was better than Madden 11, but haven't played either NCAA or Madden this year so can't help you there

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:28 pm

You can only get in NTSC i.e. US Spec, thus it will work on a UK PS3 as that is region free, butt not a UK Xbox... just a word of warning there!

I've plaid the demos and it does play a little different to madden, but I think Madden seems to be one step ahead in most areas as you would expect from EA's mega product.
One thing I love about NCAA is the no huddle where it actually brings up the full playbook as you run the hurry up instead of on Madden where it just repeats the previous play and allows your standard audibles only.

On the downside the players have no names, but this is fixed by the ability to download community rosters online. There are plenty of good ones from the sounds of it via reliable NCAA sports forums.

"Franchise" is replaced by "Dynasty" mode which to all intensive purposes is the same only in a college environment from the football side.
Otherwise there is quite a lot of focus on recruiting (much more so than on drafting in Madden). Its slightly RPG style and always looked fun from the videos I've seen. You have a time allocation each week to spend on calls to prospects to encourage them to commit to your university via a series of questions and "comparison points" you can make to them (e.g you can point out to a recruit your schools prestige / bowl record / academics etc. directly versus another school in their top 5 to try and gain points at the others expense, invite them to games or to visit campus, point out your wonderful coaching records, mention that they would be near to home etc.). This all earns you positive or negative "credits" with a given recruit and moves your school up and down their rankings of all universities.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:34 pm

thank guys, ill phone up EA tmmrw and see if they have a way around the UK US thing. dunno how many times ive phoned EA complaining about sumthing
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:51 pm

Doh, forgot about the USA thing for Xbox, I bought NCAA 11 for PS3 so didnt have that problem.

The other game mode I prefer to Madden is Road to Glory, which is like Superstar mode in Madden (think its still called that?). You start out as a high school player, and the better you perform during your senior year, the more hype you get. You are graded on the star system, so if you become a 5 star recruit, the top colleges will send scouts to watch you.

When you eventually choose a college, you have to work your way up the depth chart, and you get Erin Andrews from ESPN presenting little videos every time you reach a milestone, say as a starter or player of the week.

I reckon its much better than superstar mode, and quite enjoyable as a break from dynasty

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:05 pm

how good are USC on NCAA
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:42 am

http://www.ncaafootball12.net/ncaa-football-12-team-ratings

Ranked 29th, but probably pretty fun to play with, Barkley and Woods should be a decent combo? They also are a 6 star school so recruiting will be easy

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:52 am

might be Eastern Michigan Ds on every thing
at least Akron have a C- special teams.
how do you do recruiting?
do u go around hign schools and stuff?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:13 pm

cherriesfan wrote:might be Eastern Michigan Ds on every thing
at least Akron have a C- special teams.
how do you do recruiting?
do u go around hign schools and stuff?

see my quote earlier... I explained it quite a bit :p

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:10 pm

canu kidnapp them and make them play for you.
hey the closest ive come to high school recruiting is "The Blind Side"
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum