The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the biggest pop of the year.......?

+5
The Awesome Giz
psycho-gooner
Bull
Crimey
Brady12
9 posters

Go down

Biggest Pop of the year.....

What was the biggest pop of the year.......? Vote_lcap35%What was the biggest pop of the year.......? Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 15 ]
What was the biggest pop of the year.......? Vote_lcap63%What was the biggest pop of the year.......? Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 27 ]
What was the biggest pop of the year.......? Vote_lcap2%What was the biggest pop of the year.......? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 43

What was the biggest pop of the year.......? Empty What was the biggest pop of the year.......?

Post by Brady12 Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:38 pm

I think this will probably be pretty spilt but what does everyone think?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

What was the biggest pop of the year.......? Empty Re: What was the biggest pop of the year.......?

Post by Crimey Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:48 pm

I think Punk in Chicago was. The crowd was the best crowd I have ever seen, some people have compared to the ECW One Night Stand 2006 crowd but I thought it was much better than that, all through the night it had been amazing, and when it got to that main event I'd only heard that kind of noise at a football match before.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What was the biggest pop of the year.......? Empty Re: What was the biggest pop of the year.......?

Post by Bull Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:53 pm

I Think Punk In Chicago was as it was the best crowd in a long time and the crwod felt like they where alive and in the match and PPV all the way through , the best PPV , The Best Crowd , The Best Match in along long time

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:59 am

Surely The Rock at Survivor Series deserves to be in the poll?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:07 am

The Rock returning for me. Though Punks in Chicago was great aswell, he had a massive storyline behind him and it was his home town which is a big factor.

Both were great so easily the biggest pops of the year.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:08 am

Rocks return and it isn't even close.

Punk second

Orton third

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:17 am

I'm sorry, but did you have the volume turned up higher or something for The Rock's return? The reactions for Punk's entrance and win were ridiculously loud. I think you're letting your own opinion on CM Punk get in the way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:31 am

I don't think so. Rocks return blew the roof of especially with the fact that it was a complete surprise. Punks win, whilst the biggest pop of the year match wise, is nowhere near as large. Credit where credit is due to the Chicago crowd for trying tho and agree on them being the best crowd in years (only Madison Square Gardens comes close).

Who will get the bigger pop at Wrestlemania is an interesting thought tho, Miami isn't like Chicago so the hometown aspect won't be as large. Punk is the top face now, whereas then he was still, technically, a heel - which if you listen carefully brings some boos to his pop at MITB.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:38 am

I don't think Punk will get as big a reaction at 'Mania, but I think he could have done if WWE had some booking sense. He's lost so much momentum so quickly considering how popular he was going into Money in the Bank and afterwards, it's shocking how badly booked he has been since then.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:49 am

The Rock has to be one of the Most popular wrestlers of all time, only bettered by Hulk Hogan, and on a par with Stone Cold. So I don't Realy see how anything else can top the Rock returning after a 7 year absence.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Its a tough one

The Rock's one was more like an OMG ! Like the crowd were going nuts because they diddnt expect to see him (i for one was fearing to hear "baby baby baby ooo" and for Justin Bieber to walk down) and obviously the guy is a legend and making his return after 7 years away

CM Punk's one was just home town emoiton. I loved that pay per view by far the best i have watched in my 11 years of watching the wwe. Its got me excited for Boxing days editon of Raw.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:23 am

Punk's was purely based on hometown bias. He's not getting the same sort of pop as Cena does in 'pro-Cena' territory, and HHH/Orton probably still get bigger ones. He may be the darling of the internet, but you can't hear thousands of keyboard warriors shouting at their monitor in the arena.

Rock's was huge for both returns. You could tell by his reaction to the crowd.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down