The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis Game- Who really knows the most? (i am new to 606v2) :)

+2
laverfan
amritia3ee
6 posters

Go down

Tennis Game- Who really knows the most? (i am new to 606v2) :) Empty Tennis Game- Who really knows the most? (i am new to 606v2) :)

Post by amritia3ee Sun 18 Dec - 20:20

Hi everyone Smile I am new to 606v2, I was a member of 606 but haven't used 606 much until now. I am a massive Nadal fan who well... idolises Rafa. (I was recently voted the most loyal fan on another tennis forum MTL.)
I already recognise some people from the good old days of 606: Unbiased Educator, Laverfan, noleisthesbest etc.

Anyway more to the point I was wondering whether you guys would like me to introduce a tennis game for the 606v2ers to play! idea
Basically every week during the year we choose a tournament. In this tournament you pick a player to win each round. If he wins you are through to the next round. The rule is you are allowed to pick one player only once; so you should save the better players playing for the final few rounds. The further you get through the tournament the more ranking points you will get; the ranking points reflects the real ATP points- eg 2000 for winning US Open and 250 for winning Queens. There will also be ranking thread- just like the ATP rankings where points are recorded for all of the 606v2 competitors.

This game is called the 'Suicide Game' and is very successful on another superb tennis forum called 'mytennislounge'. Of course each week we need a tournament director to set up an article recording the picks and someone to set up a 'ranking thread' to see who can get the most ranking points.

This way we can really see who is the most knowledgeable. Will the likes of Tenez shine, or is he all talk no substance. (or he could be too scared to play). This game is open to everyone!
Let me know what you think!

Leave your comments below if you want to play next year Smile
We need around 10+ giving this the thumbs up for it to really work. Thanks Smile

Thanks for reading Very Happy
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Tennis Game- Who really knows the most? (i am new to 606v2) :) Empty Re: Tennis Game- Who really knows the most? (i am new to 606v2) :)

Post by laverfan Sun 18 Dec - 21:57

Why not, Amrit? Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Tennis Game- Who really knows the most? (i am new to 606v2) :) Empty Re: Tennis Game- Who really knows the most? (i am new to 606v2) :)

Post by time please Mon 19 Dec - 0:16

That sounds brilliant amrit - I can't volunteer to be a TD in the first half of the year because unlikely to be able to commit the time, but would certainly love to play. Happy to volunteer in the summer.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec - 4:14

Welcome to 606 v2 amritia3ee Hug

That sounds like a great idea which hopefully would not take up too much of your time to introduce to 606 v2. OK

From my perspective, I am not sure that I would have the time to be able to submit an entry for each round of a tournament in order to demonstrate my ignorance or lack thereof of mens (?) tennis. Tennis Game- Who really knows the most? (i am new to 606v2) :) 3754190863

Someone plans to run another "competition" which involves only one submission before the start of a tournament that I am likely to participate in from time to time: https://www.606v2.com/t19636-606v2-world-tour-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedex_the_best Mon 19 Dec - 7:24

Nore Staat wrote:Welcome to 606 v2 amritia3ee Hug

That sounds like a great idea which hopefully would not take up too much of your time to introduce to 606 v2. OK

From my perspective, I am not sure that I would have the time to be able to submit an entry for each round of a tournament in order to demonstrate my ignorance or lack thereof of mens (?) tennis. Tennis Game- Who really knows the most? (i am new to 606v2) :) 3754190863

Someone plans to run another "competition" which involves only one submission before the start of a tournament that I am likely to participate in from time to time: https://www.606v2.com/t19636-606v2-world-tour-2012

I share the same views....
Welcome!

Fedex_the_best

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 19 Dec - 10:37

Of course, as long as I am TD, I would not mind at all if someone advanced picked for the rest of the tournament. eg:
R1-Ferrer
R2-Del Potro
R3-Tsonga
R4-Murray
QF-Federer
SF-Nadal
F-Djokovic

However advance picking might put you at a disadvantage as: (lets take Tsonga R3 for an example)
-Tsonga could go out before then
-Tsonga could be on bad form- if you were active you would want to change your pick to Berdych R3 but you can't if you are advance picking.

I would highly recommend you therefore, even when not advance picking to pick a reserve player.
-If you are playing normally he could be crucial as your main player could get injured and you might not have the time to change your pick.
-If you are advance picking you would have a back-up player incase your main choice goes out before his chosen round.
Is that clear- reserve players come into play if your main choice has lost (if advance picking)/retired injured before his match.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 19 Dec - 10:48

I'd be interested, the suicide picks is a great game (much better than the "picking game" IMO). Happy to do TD duties for a few of them.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 19 Dec - 10:50

Hi, thanks for the feedback MadForChelsea Hug
You've played this game before, so you can also help some others who are completely new to the game.

amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 19 Dec - 10:56

Just wanted to say:
-I started playing this game in the beginning of AO last year. At the time apart from the big events I barely had any knowledge. I started off quite poorly and was ranked around 15 in May. However, my knowledge dramatically increased as I played every week, and I started to get the hang of it. With my increasing tennis knowledge and planned out tactics, I went to number 1 by September and stayed there until the end of the year.

My point is, even if you don't know much now, there are so many tournaments a year that you will always have a chance to do well. And most of you are on the same boat anyway. Smile

Last edited by Y I Man on Mon 19 Dec - 12:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please stop posting links to other forums)
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 19 Dec - 13:10

Happy to be involved but unlikely to have much time as a TD...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 19 Dec - 15:43

lydian wrote:Happy to be involved but unlikely to have much time as a TD...
Hug
Thanks Lydian
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down