The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new Glasgow Signing

+13
Rava
flyhalffactory
Glas a du
21st Century Schizoid Man
George Carlin
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RDW
Scot Abroad
formerly known as Sam
nickj
Kingshu
Adam D
Dorothy_Mantooth
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another new Glasgow Signing Empty Another new Glasgow Signing

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:04 pm

Sean Lamont has re-signed for Glasgow, he will re-join next season!

Another good signing for us.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Another new Glasgow Signing Empty Re: Another new Glasgow Signing

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:05 pm

WHAT?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:08 pm

sorry I'm still in shock, so wasn't very articulate, since when is Monty leaving the Scarlets?? We've had no news of it so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:09 pm

Not sure if the news is offical yet, but I was told it was getting announced at 2pm today.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:11 pm

Confirmation

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:11 pm

Cry I don't want it to be true. We love Monty at the Scarlets, he's been absolutely brilliant for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:12 pm

The Glasgow Warriors backline will boast yet more international quality in season 2012/13, after it was today confirmed that Sean Lamont is to return to the club from the start of the next campaign.
The news comes just over a fortnight after his brother Rory rejoined the Warriors after a four-year hiatus.
Sean, a powerful winger who can also play in the centres, spent two seasons in Scotland’s number one city between 2003 and 2005, endearing himself to the Glasgow support with his fearless attacking and try-scoring prowess.
The 30-year-old crossed the whitewash 14 times in 32 RaboDirect PRO12 appearances, and established an even better European strike rate: seven scores in 10 games.
He moved to Northampton Saints in 2005, and has spent the last two-and-a-half seasons in Wales with Scarlets. He will see out the rest of the campaign in Llanelli before making his emotional homecoming.
Lamont, who has signed until the end of May 2015, told www.glasgowwarriors.org: “I’m delighted to be coming back to the Warriors. They’re a fantastic club with a great team environment, a hugely talented squad and a very clear idea of where they want to go in the coming years.
“I’ve heard all about the plans to keep developing Glasgow on and off the field, and can’t wait to have a look around Scotstoun Stadium, where we’ll be playing our games as of next year.
“The club have clearly come a long way since I was last involved, and I’m thrilled at the prospect of playing my part in helping them write the next few chapters in the story.

“It will also be fantastic to be back at the same club as Rory. We both took huge pride in wearing that Glasgow jersey a few years ago, and it will be something really special to be pulling it on together once again.

“I’m pleased to have my future sorted out in such a positive fashion, but for now it’s about putting the move to one side and giving my all for Scarlets during the rest of the campaign. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed playing for the club, and they’ve been great to me and my family.”
Head coach Sean Lineen couldn’t hide his delight at the announcement, saying: “I’m massively excited to have brought Sean back on board. He’s a real tough competitor who knows his way round the RaboDirect PRO12 and Heineken Cup, and offers great positional versatility to boot.

“He’s always kept Glasgow close to his heart, and that passion will be a fantastic asset for us when allied to his obvious playing and try-scoring ability.

“With David Lemi and Rory Lamont also having joined, we’ve now signed three fine international players in the last month. It’s a real statement of intent from the club and Scottish Rugby, and it’s now up to us as a squad and coaching staff to make the most of the tools we’re being given.”

Since making his Test debut in 2004, Sean Lamont has been a key figure in the Scotland side, starting all the team’s games at the recent Rugby World Cup to take his cap haul to 60.

One of the most committed players on the circuit, his arrival is sure to be hailed by Warriors supporters who have watched their team suffer just a single defeat in 10 matches since 23 September.
Mark Dodson, Scottish Rugby chief executive, said: “This is another very encouraging piece of news for the Warriors and Scottish Rugby in general. Sean is an important part of the national team set-up who will be a real asset for Glasgow going forward.

“The Warriors have performed well so far this season, and we’re delighted to support their efforts to keep improving.”

Glasgow's next home game is the deciding leg of this season's 1872 Cup derby double header against Edinburgh Rugby at Firhill on New Year's Day (kick-off 5.35pm).

Tickets are available HERE, by calling 0844 800 3490, or in person at the Glasgow on Ice box office on George Square and the Gordon Street and Sauchiehall Street branches of Greaves Sports, our official retail partner.
Book before midnight on Hogmanay to save £5 on the adult match-day price of £20. Students/senior citizens £10, under-18s £5.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:15 pm

ah pants, tis on the Scarlets website now as well:

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/4474.php

Am very Sad he's a hugely popular player at the Scarlets, we'll miss him big time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:21 pm

Glasgow and the SRU are making a real effort to become really competative teams, fair play to them, Its a shame about losing Grey, but still over all Glasgow should be in a better position at the start of next year, than they were at the start of this year, and this year is going pretty well for them.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:33 pm

Bam. Cracking signing. Really chuffed.

I wonder whether we'll see him in the 12 shirt?

He's 30 though right?

He's signed until 2015, so he's got to be pretty happy with such a long contract too.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:59 pm

He's signed until 2015, so he's got to be pretty happy with such a long contract too

I would presume that helped him decide to go back. A three year deal is not to be sniffed at when you're 30 and in a physical sport like rugby. He should really help the Glasgow midfield.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Mon 19 Dec 2011, 3:17 pm

Delighted with this signing. The SRU are actually coming through on their promises to bring the best international players back to Scotland. Glasgow's backline is looking rather promising now. When we have DTH back it'll be even better.

9 Cusiter
10 Weir
11 RLamont
12 Nathan
13 DTH
14 SLamont
15 Hogg

Looks good to me

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 19 Dec 2011, 3:22 pm

Seriously - where are Glasgow getting all this money from?? yes Gray was offered 400k or something but there is no chance that could stretch to Lemi, Ramont and Shlong! No idea where they've suddenly found all this cash.

Will really help Glasgow's midfield, which is probably the weakest part of the team.

Great signing for Glasgow.

Again, can we follow this up with a tough mother trucker 2nd row or tighthead for Edinburgh please??

Question for Glasgow fans though - are you not worried that this is a sign that some of your bigger earners, soon to be out of contract, are on their way out? Barclay and Beattie for example (unless they have re-signed and I have missed it). Would explain why they suddenly have a load of cash to spend for next season.

You might end up with amazing backs and a sh**e pack...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Mon 19 Dec 2011, 3:51 pm

Barclay and Beattie have both said they want to stay and we have cover for Gray at the moment. I'm not sure if both will be offered new contracts. Beattie certainly looked like he's getting back to his best on Saturday. Barclay seems to have fallen off a bit. Maybe being dropped will give him the push he needs. Front row is an issue though.

Lemi only joined until the end of the season so he may not be staying with the arrival of Schlong.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Mon 19 Dec 2011, 3:54 pm

Good point re Lemi, it would be great to see him get a run in the HC. Should you make the 1/4s or the Amlin can he be registered?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:06 pm

I'm not too sure about that one. Will have to do some research

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:12 pm

You know I've just realised that Glasgow are definitely going to have the best looking side in the Pro12 next season.

Not at all relevant to rugby playing standards but interesting for the likes of me to note anyway Another new Glasgow Signing 3513163098

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:You know I've just realised that Glasgow are definitely going to have the best looking side in the Pro12 next season.

Not at all relevant to rugby playing standards but interesting for the likes of me to note anyway Another new Glasgow Signing 3513163098

Especially if Adam Jones leaves the Ospreys! kiss

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:16 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Seriously - where are Glasgow getting all this money from?? yes Gray was offered 400k or something but there is no chance that could stretch to Lemi, Ramont and Shlong! No idea where they've suddenly found all this cash.

Will really help Glasgow's midfield, which is probably the weakest part of the team.

Great signing for Glasgow.

Again, can we follow this up with a tough mother trucker 2nd row or tighthead for Edinburgh please??

Question for Glasgow fans though - are you not worried that this is a sign that some of your bigger earners, soon to be out of contract, are on their way out? Barclay and Beattie for example (unless they have re-signed and I have missed it). Would explain why they suddenly have a load of cash to spend for next season.

Lemi is only signed to the end of the season and from what I understand, his wages are basically covered from the money not being paid to DTH (As he was injured during the World Cup, apparently his wages are getting picked up by Canada's Insurance.) Now both Lamonts have been signed, I can't see Lemi being kept on next year.

Both Evans' off the budget has freed about 250k for Lineen and also the move away from Firhill is going to free up a six figure sum of cash. Plus the likes of Dewey, Arambru will probably not be offered new deals.

I do think Barclay and Beattie will probably go, maybe we will keep one. Hopefully if they do go then we can bring in a couple of decent imports to strengthen the pack.

Cusiter said when he re-signed that he only did so after assurances that the squad would be strengthened and if decent players left, they will be replaced where possible with similar quality.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

If both Dewey and Aramburu leave then I’d like to see Lemi stay. I agree that it’s unlikely that both Barclay and Beattie will stay. I can only see one of them at Glasgow next year, not sure who though.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

Sean's comment about Andy Robinson talking up a move back North, makes we wonder if we will see him used mainly at 12 next season.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:42 pm

I didnt see that comment - can you share?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:43 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:You know I've just realised that Glasgow are definitely going to have the best looking side in the Pro12 next season.

And it's not just the players either, dreamer Wink

Great signing for Glasgae. Lemi can be signed up if the Warriors are involved in any European competition after the pools, with Schlong coming in next season.

Scot Abroad wrote:Delighted with this signing. The SRU are actually coming through on their promises to bring the best international players back to Scotland. Glasgow's backline is looking rather promising now. When we have DTH back it'll be even better.

9 Cusiter
10 Weir
11 RLamont
12 Nathan
13 DTH
14 SLamont
15 Hogg

Looks good to me
+1, that's actually starting to look like a decent back line - no Parks, no Morrison, no Dewey

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:47 pm

nickj wrote:I didnt see that comment - can you share?

From the article on the Scarlets website, the link is further up this topic.

"This was genuinely a very difficult decision for me and having spoken to Andy (Robinson) at Scotland, it's probably the right move for me now"

Barclay was in the papers at the weekend saying that after the WC he wanted to leave, but now its in the balance. My money is on him leaving, but maybe its just cause I have heard the old "I love it here and don't want to leave" and then before you know it they are off, patter so many times before.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:54 pm

Might not be good for Glasgow, but I really think Barclay should leave to try and get his mojo back. Something isn't right just now and hopefully a move somewhere else will rejuvenate him.

In current form he is behind Rennie and Roddy Grant in the pecking order for a starting Scotland spot IMO.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:57 pm

Cheers DOT. Got it.

If Barcs goes, is there any bonafide back up for Fusaro?

Whats Ross Doneghan like? Is Forrester good enough?

Would anyone consider shuffling the pack with Rosco or Grant swapping over?

Or is there an argument for getting an import in to help develop Fusaro's game?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 19 Dec 2011, 5:14 pm

nickj wrote:Cheers DOT. Got it.

If Barcs goes, is there any bonafide back up for Fusaro?
No

nickj wrote:Whats Ross Doneghan like?
Haven't seen enough to comment Is Forrester good enough? [/quote]No

nickj wrote:Would anyone consider shuffling the pack with Rosco or Grant swapping over?
From Edinburgh to Glasgow, can't see it happening

nickj wrote:Or is there an argument for getting an import in to help develop Fusaro's game?
Hamish Watson could come in to the equation

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 19 Dec 2011, 5:16 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
You mean 'end up like Edinburgh', then? Run
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 19 Dec 2011, 7:37 pm

Great singing for us - well done Sean L and the SRU. Scotstoun now looks so much brighter next season. James Eddie is still around too - when he is not fann*ing around with 7s Run

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 19 Dec 2011, 9:40 pm

Don't mind that. Time for him to move on and I really feel Scottish rugby needs stronger domestic sides.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:21 pm

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:
nickj wrote:I didnt see that comment - can you share?

From the article on the Scarlets website, the link is further up this topic.

"This was genuinely a very difficult decision for me and having spoken to Andy (Robinson) at Scotland, it's probably the right move for me now"

Barclay was in the papers at the weekend saying that after the WC he wanted to leave, but now its in the balance. My money is on him leaving, but maybe its just cause I have heard the old "I love it here and don't want to leave" and then before you know it they are off, patter so many times before.

Dot

I agree with you, first Lamont Bros both back where they belong, secondly I think Glasgow will look to play him 12 (maybe not 13) and 14 dependant on the game-plan.

Schlong has been one of our most consistent player over the last 2-3 years and well done to Nigel Davies and the Scarlets for improving his distribution, running angles and awareness

A fantastic move for Glasgow and Scotland

Well done
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:04 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Great signing for Glasgae. Lemi can be signed up if the Warriors are involved in any European competition after the pools, with Schlong coming in next season.

9 Cusiter
10 Weir
11 RLamont
12 Nathan
13 DTH
14 SLamont
15 Hogg

+1, that's actually starting to look like a decent back line - no Parks, no Morrison, no Dewey

And just where is Danielli going to fit into that backline Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:49 am

Scot Abroad wrote:Delighted with this signing. The SRU are actually coming through on their promises to bring the best international players back to Scotland. Glasgow's backline is looking rather promising now. When we have DTH back it'll be even better.

9 Cusiter
10 Weir
11 RLamont
12 Nathan
13 DTH
14 SLamont
15 Hogg

Looks good to me

And if Lineen can remortgage his nice place in Kelvinside (I'm guessing), then from the summer, the other Warriors shirts could be filled by:

1 Shiells
2 Gillies
3 Murray

Nice. OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:25 pm

Damn! Absolutely gutted about this - really liked Lamont and he brought much needed physicality to our back line, and with his work rate, versatilty and habit of coming off the wing to look for work he'll be sorely missed.

Glad the Scottish sides are improving but not at the expense of the Scarlets! and where is this cash coming from, I thought both clubs were almost bankrupt.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
Glad the Scottish sides are improving but not at the expense of the Scarlets! and where is this cash coming from, I thought both clubs were almost bankrupt.

Neither side has ever been near bankrupt, merely have very small budgets because the SRU is in a lot of debt. That debt has significantly reduced now (from 20 million to 12 million ish I think) and the finances are a lot more stable now.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:49 pm

Ahh I see - I must have been thinking about the SRU instead - haven't followed the developments that much I have to say. Still annoyed you've got SLong though (but I suppose we do have North, Liam, Ionghi, Lee W, Reynolds and Stoddart) - so I think it's only fair that you give us Kellock in return...

;p

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 20 Dec 2011, 7:55 pm

priest,

nah we like Big Al - and our lineout does not function well without him. Wish Richie Gray had gone to Scarlets instead of bloody Sale - then we would have seen him twice a season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:05 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:priest,

nah we like Big Al - and our lineout does not function well without him. Wish Richie Gray had gone to Scarlets instead of bloody Sale - then we would have seen him twice a season.

+1

Very Happy

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:05 am

Another boost for Glasgow, Jedi has committed to a contract after his 7s stint is over:

Glasgow Warriors will be able to call on the drive and experience of James Eddie full-time over the next two seasons after the back-row forward signed a contract that will see him tied exclusively to the club until at least the end of May 2014.
The back-row forward has this season been a contracted member of the Scotland 7s squad, and will fulfil his commitments in the abbreviated form of the game until the end of the HSBC Sevens World Series, which comes to Scotstoun Stadium for the first time on the weekend of 5/6 May.
Eddie will then return to the Warriors fold on a permanent basis, after becoming the ninth leading member of the squad to sign a new deal in recent months.
The 26-year-old, who enjoys huge popularity with the club’s players and supporters, told www.glasgowwarriors.org: “I’m thrilled to have been given the opportunity to play a full role in the Warriors squad over the coming two campaigns.
“I love being part of the club and I’m massively excited about where it’s heading. The squad is growing in strength in depth all the time, the atmosphere around the place is first class, and I’m convinced we’re on the right road. It’s certainly the most excited I’ve been about Glasgow’s potential in the five and a bit years I’ve been here.
“I’ve been really fortunate to have the chance to play for Scotland 7s this season, and it’s an experience that I’ve benefited from considerably.
“My skills and fitness have been examined closely, I’ve been part of a team that’s claimed silverware and I’ve been able to keep myself in sight of the Warriors coaches at a time when they’ve been looking at the squad for next year.
“I’d like to thank [7s head coach] Graham Shiel for the opportunity, and look forward to helping the team achieve more success over the course of the remaining tournaments.”
Warriors head coach Sean Lineen commented: “James is a talented, hungry player who has won a place in the hearts of the Glasgow crowd with his passionate, committed style.
“Before the 7s season began, he was in the form of his life for us, scoring a crucial try in our away win over Cardiff and bringing some real aggression to our play. We’ll be looking for more of the same once he comes back on board next season, and I’m delighted to have tied him down.”
Between the RaboDirect PRO12 and Heineken Cup, Eddie has made 67 appearances for the Warriors since graduating to the senior squad from the academy in 2006

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:57 am

A smart move resigning James Eddie. Harley is having to play a bundle of games at the moment and Eddie would provide proper depth and competition for the 6 jersey.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:16 am

From yesterday's Hootsman:

"Namibia-born McGuigan joins up with Scotland sevens

SCOTLAND’S bid to deepen their pool of players has taken them to South Africa with Scottish-qualified centre Byron McGuigan agreeing a sevens contract.

The Scotsman can reveal that the 22-year-old was in Glasgow last month and, this week, the SRU agreed a sevens contract with the youngster from Cape Town. He is now in training with the sevens squad in preparation for the resumption of the HSBC World Series events next month, and is also in talks with the Warriors about joining them on a full-time deal this summer.

McGuigan, born in Namibia but schooled in Cape Town, started out with the Hamilton club that has won the Melrose Sevens. He came through the Western Province academy before joining the Border Bulldogs outfit two years ago. His mother, however, is a Glaswegian, which qualifies him instantly for Scotland.

McGuigan, whose nickname in South Africa is “McG”, commented: “This is a dream come true. I have always aspired to play professional rugby, but to be able to join up with the Scottish Sevens team and hopefully tour on the IRB circuit is incredible.

Glasgow Warriors are a great side and I cannot wait to join up with them for the 2012-13 season. Hopefully, I can contribute in some way to further success in these great European competitions. To qualify and potentially represent Scotland on the international stage is very exciting, but, right, now I will be focusing on sevens and trying to work my way into their squad.”
"

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:26 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:From yesterday's Hootsman:

SCOTLAND’S bid to deepen their pool of players has taken them to South Africa with Scottish-qualified centre Byron McGuigan agreeing a sevens contract.

The Scotsman can reveal that the 22-year-old was in Glasgow last month and, this week, the SRU agreed a sevens contract with the youngster from Cape Town. He is now in training with the sevens squad in preparation for the resumption of the HSBC World Series events next month, and is also in talks with the Warriors about joining them on a full-time deal this summer.

McGuigan, born in Namibia but schooled in Cape Town, started out with the Hamilton club that has won the Melrose Sevens. He came through the Western Province academy before joining the Border Bulldogs outfit two years ago. His mother, however, is a Glaswegian, which qualifies him instantly for Scotland.

McGuigan, whose nickname in South Africa is “McG”, commented: “This is a dream come true. I have always aspired to play professional rugby, but to be able to join up with the Scottish Sevens team and hopefully tour on the IRB circuit is incredible.

Glasgow Warriors are a great side and I cannot wait to join up with them for the 2012-13 season. Hopefully, I can contribute in some way to further success in these great European competitions. To qualify and potentially represent Scotland on the international stage is very exciting, but, right, now I will be focusing on sevens and trying to work my way into their squad.”
"

I hope they checked if he ever played for the Namibian Under 15 Schools team Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:31 am

"

Can someone tell the lad please. I think he's got the wrong team/country!! Yikes
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:33 am

Rava wrote:

"

I hope they checked if he ever played for the Namibian Under 15 Schools team Whistle
Laugh We'll stop at nothing you know!! No country is to small or too far away for our tentacles!! We're like a giant tartan octopus thumbsup

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:58 am

Edinburgh are desperately in need of investment in the tight 5, and glasgow get yet another signing...
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:23 am

This is potentially big news, and almost certainly means that Johnnie Beattie is history at the Warriors: Chris Masoe - would be interesting to get some Kiwi and French views on this one?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:16 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:We'll stop at nothing you know!! No country is to small or too far away for our tentacles!! We're like a giant tartan octopus thumbsup

Laugh

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:23 am

Masoe would be the perfect signing were either one of or both of Barclay and Beattie to leave.

I actually want Beattie to leave. He seems to have lost the confidence of Lineen, and isn't playing as well as we know he can. When Barclay starts at 8 ahead of Beattie, you know there are problems. I hope Beattie moves to France. I think he'd be a really big hit there with his running style, and hopefully win his place back in the Scotland 1st XV. We miss him.

I also think that Masoe would be a good player to mentor Harley, Fusaro and Wilson next season, and remember that James Eddie is also signed up. Looks like Lineen is once again making smart preparations.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:23 pm

Peter Horne signed a contract extension with Glasgow to keep him there till 2015.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:33 pm

Good news, i feel that there's more to come from him

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next