The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not my scene - "I'm out !"

+6
bogbrush
carrieg4
JuliusHMarx
LuvSports!
invisiblecoolers
lags72
10 posters

Go down

Not my scene - "I'm out !"  Empty Not my scene - "I'm out !"

Post by lags72 Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:20 am

After the tortuous end to the old 606 it was a good while before I felt motivated/interested to join up to v2.

I lurked here for some time without registering, but was pleased to detect signs that this fresher v2 was for those interested more in the sport itself, ie as opposed to the playground game of bashing specific players, or - even worse - denigrating a specific player in the belief that it somehow enhances the image of a fellow professional, past or present.

But lately I can see that things are reverting to the old style, not least with a string of pointless and tiresome repetitive articles (and accompanying puerile polls), originated in many cases by some very recent joiners.

As a tennis lover I think the past decade has given us some truly wonderful stuff, with unique memories of Federer in his young prime, the exciting arrival of Rafa and stellar achievements at RG not seen since the days of Borg, and now this past dazzling season by Novak ; not to mention the mouth-watering prospect of yet more good stuff from all three - and hopefully some newer names too - in 2012 and beyond

But at a time when tennis itself offers so much, the forum by contrast is, sadly, so very childish. Although I don't expect/wish that it should be overly-serious (it is only sport after all...) nor do I think that the constant player and poster bashing/abuse offers much of interest to the genuine, longstanding tennis lover.

And with that may I bid you all compliments of the season, and Farewell.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Not my scene - "I'm out !"  Empty Re: Not my scene - "I'm out !"

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:46 am

Lags you dont have to leave, the board will close by itself, thanks to some steller efforts by a team of professionals and its king.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 22 Dec 2011, 3:07 am

give it a rest SA it seems you are intent on alienating and vilifying as many posters as possible

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Dec 2011, 6:01 am

Hi Lags72, sorry to see you go. I wish you a Merry Christmas Not my scene - "I'm out !"  767733566 and a New Year filled with Tennis Cheer Hug

I think it is in the nature of publicly accessible chat fora that strong polarisations form which occassionally break out from time to time into a bit of rough and tumble, especially when there is nothing much going on externally - which for this tennis forum means no tennis being played. The alternative to these rough and tumble periods is silence. At least the rough and tumble shows there is a lot of passion and energy for the sport, which ultimately is needed to keep this forum going.

As I have mentioned with NITB feel free to pop in from time - the door will always remain open. For example you might want to enter a few competition threads that some of the 606v2 members will set-up when tournaments are being played.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Dec 2011, 6:07 am

I hope no one leaves. Maybes try a little break and come back after the festive break?
I think there were crossed wires last night, I have moved the 'banter articles' back to the section.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 22 Dec 2011, 8:20 am

lags, I hope you're back soon.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu 22 Dec 2011, 9:58 am

Lags, the forum just does this from time to time - normal service will be resumed soon. Hope you are here to see it. Smile

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 22 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

Hang around lags, I have a feeling things are going to settle down.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:14 pm

A lot of truth in the well written article but it might get a bit better, and you can always ignore certain articles. I'm not sure it's quite bad enough to walk away at the moment - based on the limited time admittedly since I joined - but obviously a personal decision.

If it gets any worse I might limit my posting here as well, but at the moment there's enough good debate after filtering out some of the BS.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 22 Dec 2011, 3:28 pm

Lags72... if you choose to leave, i will feel Sad to see you leave. It is tough to carve a spot of calmness in the anarchy of chaos, but the journey itself can be a reward. Choose wisely, may the force be with you. OK

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 22 Dec 2011, 3:58 pm

Lags72.....I'm really sorry you're leaving.

I lurk on the tennis forum, more than post (as I know so little about the game), and I always enjoy your contributions.

This forum needs posters like yourself, I hope you change your mind, and stay.

I'd like Jubbahey to come back to this forum too....tho' happily I'm still in touch with him in a parallel universe.

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by HarpoMars Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:41 pm

[quote="Solerina"]Lags72.....I'm really sorry you're leaving.

I lurk on the tennis forum, more than post (as I know so little about the game), and I always enjoy your contributions.

This forum needs posters like yourself, I hope you change your mind, and stay.

Couldn't have said it better Solerina. I don't contribute that much either but really enjoy knowledgable contributions.
Sad

HarpoMars

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down