The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Santa.

+17
emack2
nganboy
aucklandlaurie
Gatts
HERSH
disneychilly
Irish Curry
doctor_grey
OzT
dummy_half
LemonyVodka5
formerly known as Sam
kiakahaaotearoa
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Galted
Biltong
21 posters

Go down

Dear Santa. Empty Dear Santa.

Post by Biltong Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:39 am

Dear Santa thanks for ignoring my wish list of last year. You will probably justify ignoring my wish list with some lame excuse about being to busy and having to take care of the little children.

Well, let me just say your priorities need sorting out. Thanks to your lazy work ethics and no care attitude the following happened in 2011.

Ernie Els and Retief Goosen has finally lost any recognisable form, they have completely dropped out of the top 50 in the world ranking.

The Stormers for the second year running could not buy a referee to win a knock out match and hence the trophy cabinet is still bare.

Even though not a blue Bulls fan, they have completely lost the plot and achieved nothing in the Super XV.

By the way I warned you the Super XV is going to suck, but do you listen? No, you just have to find out for yourself.

Oh and thanks for ignoring my request that Pieter de Villiers need to get fired, I see he is still not entirely out of the picture. Get with the program, to make up for this oversight I want John Mitchell as Springbok coach.

Yeah and thanks for sending us that blithering fool Bruce Lawrence to officiate against the Australians, what were you thinking?

Yeah overall our sport sucked, no super 15 Trophy, no Tri Nations trophy, no world cup trophy, no cricket series win over India, no cricket test series win over Australia.

Only one golfing major trophy for the year?

Now I expect you to set things straight this coming year. I expect the following and it is not negotiable.

Rugby
The poor Stormers need a Super XV trophy.
Test series whitewash against the English in June.
The Cheetahs deserve a Currie Cup trophy, they can’t just keep on developing and feeding the entire Professional rugby fraternity and get nothing in return.
A real coach for the Springboks, John Mitchel will do.
Bruce Lawrence to get itchy love sacks and his fingers turn into fish hooks.
The Fournations trophy

Cricket.
Some test series wins, hell I am tired of these draws, how can you think 10 series draws in the last 16 is acceptable?

Golf.
At least two majors, and please make Ernie and Retief hungry to win some trophies for a change.

Olympics.
A few bloody medals please, it is getting pathetic.

Football.
Let Bafana Bafana win something, the supporters need some reward for their loyalty.

For myself I want nothing, but believe me if things don’t turn around this year, I will be telling all the little kids you don’t exist and is just a figment of their imaginations.

Sincerely

Biltongbek.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Dear Santa. Empty Re: Dear Santa.

Post by Galted Thu 22 Dec 2011, 8:01 am

I'd quite like a Blu-ray player & a couple of pairs of underpants.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 22 Dec 2011, 9:55 am

Great post Biltong!

biltongbek wrote:
..., to make up for this oversight I want John Mitchell as Springbok coach.

However, be careful what you wish for, we still remember the pain of '02/'03.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 22 Dec 2011, 10:18 am

Kiwi, can't get any worse than it has been.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 22 Dec 2011, 10:20 am

Dear Santa,

Please don't let the Eurozone collapse in January.

Also if you could fix it that the world won't end in september 2012 as predicted that would be nice too.

Thanks.

P.S.

If you can manage that then another Ireland GS and a series win against ABs as well as Ulster to win HEC should be a doddle....cheers! Dear Santa. 3602195817
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 22 Dec 2011, 10:42 am

Dear Santa

Don´t listen to these naughty children. Their shamelessness knows no bounds. You´re doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Your constant admirer

kia kaha aotearoa

PS Don´t really mind so much the Super trophy but this year I´d really love that new 4N trophy. It´s the one toy I haven´t got and I know you won´t let me down. Geez I love you Santa...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 22 Dec 2011, 10:49 am

Suck up.....................
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 22 Dec 2011, 10:59 am

See Santa! See! He just doesn´t deserve it.

But even though he hurt me with that comment, I forgive him. angel

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:08 am

A competent head coach and back room staff for England (preferably not stealing anymore Tigers). A good 6N for England wouldn't go amiss in the short term with at least wins over the other Lions nations just to secure bragging rights.

A quality running full back who can slot kicks like the local legend Dusy Hare to emerge from Tigers academy. We need a replacement for Geordie and a reliable 75+% kicker would be nice.

A competent referee for the game vs Ulster so we have a decent shot at getting through into the HEC quarters (I'm not greedy a decent close game is all I ask, if Tigers win that would be even better).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:09 am

Santa, I really do think these Kiwi's need some tough love. A few years of coming bottom of the Fournations, and mid table finishes in your "grand" super XV.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonyVodka5 Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:10 am

Dear Satan, firstly may I congratulate you on successfully convincing the World that you don't exist and then disappearing in a "POOF" Dear Santa. 1994_ninja

Secondly loving the new pics on face-space of you and Kim Jong Il enjoying some quality time together, the one where you're wearing him as a hat is probably my favourite.

Thirdly I'd really appreciate it if you could....wait...."Santa"?!?!....never mind, wrong thread Dear Santa. 1993_fro

Quick....I need a distraction.....Dear Santa. Bouncing-boobs....may I humbly suggest you watch this with sound on?

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:12 am

biltongbek wrote:Kiwi, can't get any worse than it has been.

A good point. Mitchell is almost certainly a better coach than PDV. Don't expect the team's media relations to improve any if he's appointed though Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:14 am

Well let's compare notes.

PDV in the media. clown

john mitchell in the media - A little brash.

No contest.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:17 am

"A competent head coach and back room staff for England"

There's wishful thinking, there's miracles but some things appear to just be impossible, especially if you were also referring to the RFU as back room staff.

More seriously, for England / GB (as appropriate):
Cricket, Golf and Cycling - More of the same thanks Santa

Tennis - Andy Murray to face someone not in astounding form in his next Grand Slam final.

Rugby - Some tough and hard tight 5 forwards who know the difference between being a hard player and being a thug (I'm looking at you Dylan Hartley), and a coaching team that can communicate what they want and aren't contradicting each other. Oh, and a competent inside centre might help too.

Football - For the England team to realise that they aren't as good as they (and certain sections of the media) think they are, and to knuckle down to some hard work and technical skill training.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu 22 Dec 2011, 2:07 pm

Don't think Dylan's a thug, a thug is someone I think like Grewcock or Harrison was, dirty but least you can see it, whereas I think Dylan's more of an annoyance, he'd make a good scrumie, but not hard enough to really put anyone out of the game on his own.... gouging excepted.

Dear Santa, whilst we're on a wish list, can I ask some for myself, and also for rest of our supporters.

Rugby, find us some props please, enough to have a back up and also who doesn't get injured all the time. Refinding a 99 side would be good cheers. And a skipper that could shake the side up when the game's not going well instead of letting the prima donas carry on dancing and throwing balls behind them into touch

Cricket, let's have some players not only with passion for the baggy greens, but some skills along with it too.

Soccer, just 11 players who knows how to play the game would be good enough.

And for myself, hmmm, list too long for the bandwidth!! LOL!

And peace and good will to all men, and may the banter continue on!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 22 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

I agree mate. Hartley's no thug. He is aggressive (good) and a bit of a hot head (bad). Thug is a whole different animal (Mr. Cudmore, please stand up).

Rugby - I simply want to see the quality of play increase, more people coming to watch our sport, better salaries and more rest for our players, and greater financial stability.
I want my lads to continue playing and enjoying their Rugby.
I want all your teams to play great, except when playing mine.
And a nice beer.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu 22 Dec 2011, 2:33 pm

Same to you biltong, though I wouldn't think you'd want any of our beers, cold as it can be. Gnat's wee is gnat's at whatever temp, but San Miguel when i was in at CT which I had was nice!!!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 22 Dec 2011, 2:41 pm

I want all your teams to play great, except when playing mine

Nah I'd want everyone elses team to have a stormer against mine, just for mine to play even better (and win). Don't want dull games! thumbsup

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu 22 Dec 2011, 2:41 pm

Dear Santa,

Here in Ireland thereare a few things that you could make up for, in rugby we haven't won in France in ages and I think a win there and the 6 nations would be well deserved. I also fully expect a win in New Zealand and if that doesn't happen there will be consequences for you. In Soccer you really need to make up for the "hand of gaul" so winning Euro 2012 wouls go a little way to help heal the ever lasting pain.

At the Oympics a medals in something other then boxing would be nice but a gold in anything would be nice. Cork should also do the double in GAA.

In other things please tell the Germans and French that they will not be getting any presents if they keep being mean to us and drop a large box of gold in my gardan, lets say 10 meters tall? 24 carte of course. Dear Santa. 3513163098

Failure to complie will result in the kidnap of all your elves who will be force to work for me producing fake tan for a certain Welsh rugby player, it is a very lucrative business.

Yours in expectance,
Irish Curry Dear Santa. 3845856932
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 22 Dec 2011, 4:15 pm

Dear Santa

Nothing's changed from the All Blacks' point of view. Thanks for the one trophy we've wanted back for 20 years, that was nice. But it's just one cup. Please let the All Blacks continue to play great winning football and build on their legacy.

Oh and fix the f**king scrum.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 22 Dec 2011, 6:15 pm

Dear Father Christmas,

All I want is to be loved by my fellow 606ers.

They just don't understand me.

HERSH
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Thu 22 Dec 2011, 6:31 pm

Dear Santa

Please crash your sled into Alain Rolland's house and when he comes out swearing and shouting you know what to do

Ta

Gatts

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 22 Dec 2011, 6:32 pm

Dear Santa
Please make Foxy an All Black selector.

I been good all year,
Laurie.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 22 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

HERSH wrote:Dear Father Christmas,

All I want is to be loved by my fellow 606ers.

They just don't understand me.

HERSH

It's already working Hersh, i can just feel the love.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:30 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: Dear Santa
Please make Foxy an All Black selector.

I been good all year,
Laurie.
And a voice like thunder roared out

DONE!
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 23 Dec 2011, 1:08 am

Dear Santa,the RFU sorted out,and some decent games to watch in the 6Ns.
All Blacks to win inagural 4Ns to Nil,Crusaders to find a Ground and win S15,
Ireland defeated 3-0,a European Grand Slam,Clean Sweep in the Bledisloe.
NZ retain there 7`s title and Baby Blacks to win JWC.
PDV to retain his Bok Coaching title.{Sorry Biltong only teasing},Mitchell/Spencer to become Bok Coaches,the Boks to be a Force again.So The All Blacks beating them[if they do] will be as it always has been between these two Great Rivals

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 24 Dec 2011, 8:55 am

Dear Santa.
Please stop giving our folks in christchurch a hard time?
I mean the day before xmas?
Really. Might not be your department but perhaps a little word with the big guy before you head out.
Put some more forwards in the aussie sock and a new coach in the bok one plus maybe a couple more backs for good measure.
Sprinkle some winning spice over the irish sock so i can revisit molly malones but dont overdo it. 2 nites there would be a bit too much to take.
Never mind the ab sock. Its stocked with enough goodies already.
Plus lastly look after our fellow 606v2ers. Theyre a good bunch and deserve a little bit extra this year

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Dec 2011, 9:20 am

Taylorman,

Thats the Crimbo spirit joy to others etc clap
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 24 Dec 2011, 10:09 am

Dear Santa,

I've been as good as I can all year. I don't ask for much...but please can I have this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tommy_Bowe.jpg

I know it won't fit down the chimney, but it'll be fine leaving it at the foot of my bed.

Thank you

Cari Dear Santa. 3602195817

P.S Oh and a nice silver trophy for the Ospreys please...oh and a good Six Nations for the Welsh boys. Ta.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 24 Dec 2011, 10:35 pm

Dear Santa, I would like several things. You already gave me the early present of an away win in Toulouse (though you scrimped on the bonus point you Scrooge) but could you please add 4-try victories against Gloucester and Connaght in the HEC and at least a semifinal, as well as a final in the AP. I think we can take it from there. If we can avoid any injuries I'd appreciate it too.

For England, if Nick Evans would like to reveal that it was his twin brother who got all of those AB caps and he would like to be selected for England, that would be great. Failing that, a win against SH opposition this year and 1st in the 6N would be great as would Banahan being dropped forever for England. If we could get some props it would be nice too

In other sports, an unbeaten year in test cricket, a lot of rowing and cycling golds (please let Andy and Pete win the pair!) and at least one real athletics gold at least please, preferably Farrah or Ellis. The footie I couldn't care less about. If the maple leafs could win the stanley cup that would be nice.

On a smaller level, promotion and varsity wins for ICSM rugby would be welcome, as would top 100 in Head of the River, Henley qualification and Bumps and UH Headship on the river (not likely I'm sure). I would also like to get onto the London Marathon next year. And if you could deliver Sophia Bush or Victoria Pendleton single to my door I will be happy and impressed.

Thanks Santa

ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down