The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The words of Peter May

+2
skyeman
guildfordbat
6 posters

Go down

The words of Peter May Empty The words of Peter May

Post by guildfordbat Fri 23 Dec 2011, 7:29 am

'It is a fascination of cricket that one is always learning.' - Peter May, former captain of England and Surrey, A Game Enjoyed.

A merry Christmas and may we all learn together in 2012.

Guildford

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

The words of Peter May Empty Re: The words of Peter May

Post by skyeman Fri 23 Dec 2011, 7:36 am

Wise words Gb. The words of Peter May 3602195817 Merry christmas to one and all The words of Peter May 3602195817 Even to the scrooge amongst us Laugh

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 23 Dec 2011, 9:49 am

A solid quote, Guildford.

Don't want to bore you too much gents, but thanks from me for your excellent posts and excellent topics for discussion this year, I've certainly learnt plenty about some fascinating characters of this king of games.

Likewise, thanks for making my role on the cricket board that of a regular poster, and not a moderator, through your mature and civil way of debating. I visit a couple of the boards around this forum, but I can safely say that this is the most harmonious (to recycle a word I've used in the past) by some distance, and it allows for greater debate because of it.

There have been a glut of thank yous already in my post, but let me extend one more for your support of the partnerships that 606v2 Cricket has in place with All Out Cricket and Barrington Sports. Your continued input and involvement in both is much appreciated.

Keep the interesting debate coming in 2012, and hopefully I'll be able to think of some more ways to improve the section.

Many thanks, and I wish you and your families a merry Christmas The words of Peter May 3845856932

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 30 Dec 2011, 3:04 pm

Too late for me to add to the Christmas greetings, but I would like to say happy new year to one and all. Very much looking forward to all the Tests coming up. Got much more sleep over Christmas than usual, as England were not playing !

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 30 Dec 2011, 3:58 pm

Happy New Year Sir Fred and all.....

Slightly off topic but in the thread on "highly orthodox but highly effective" I have attempted to recall the unusual run up of a certain Middlesex bowler, John Price. I'd be interested in your expert opinion on that thread as to whether my recollection is accurate on that one! Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 31 Dec 2011, 11:54 pm

Corporal,
Didn't he start round about (right-handers) deep mid-off, and kind of circle round to an ultimately normal last ten paces? Certainly one of the very worst batsmen at County level and especially Test level.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 01 Jan 2012, 12:08 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Corporal,
Didn't he start round about (right-handers) deep mid-off, and kind of circle round to an ultimately normal last ten paces? Certainly one of the very worst batsmen at County level and especially Test level.

Laugh Laugh The "kind of circle round" movement sounds about right - I had recollection of him coming into bowl from over on the right hand side if you were sitting behind the batsman, but couldn't remember whether he was bowling to left or right handers.

Happy NY - Kwini!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 01 Jan 2012, 1:20 am

Happy New Year Corporal,
Didn't see your humble name in the NY's Honours List, Commiserations.

On a serious note, I'm not sure that any of us have really sussed out how good Peter May was. Very very good for a while but then disappeared without trace. Not sure how I'll deal with him when his HOF bracket comes up for consideration.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 01 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

Thanks - Kwini - feeling charitable I can only put down my omission from the NY dispatches to a natural reluctance to draw attention to matters of military intelligence... Very Happy

I can see Peter May splitting opinion when it comes to HoF. But I do think he has strong claims to a HoF slot.....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 01 Jan 2012, 12:47 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:

I can see Peter May splitting opinion when it comes to HoF. But I do think he has strong claims to a HoF slot.....

I think a summer vote would be helpful with all Surrey posters being ordered into line. Very Happy

Happy New Year to all.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down