The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RJJ - one fight more

+5
azania
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
coxy0001
oxring
9 posters

Go down

RJJ - one fight more Empty RJJ - one fight more

Post by oxring Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:17 pm

And one more title?

Rumours are abounding that Wlodarczyk has expressed an interest in defending his Cruiserweight alphabelt title against the once great former p4p king. Now a ghost of his former self, RJJ still believes he has the talent to make it - and wants to win a CW belt before he retires - describing it as "the one thing I haven't done".

A champion from middleweight to heavyweight - excepting cruiserweight - he's right. However - what chance will the veteran have?

He had enough skills and ring smarts left to nick a couple of rounds from Lebedev, before being brutally stopped. However - he couldn't put his skills together for more than one round at a time - after winning a round, it looked like he had to lose an extra round to take a breather and recover from the effort. Let's face it losing 8-2 isn't much to crow about - and there's no reason to believe he has improved since the Lebedev fight.

The only mercy here is that Wlodarczyk isn't Lebedev - and isn't quite that good. The victim of some robberies over Fragomeni a couple of years back, when he was nearer his prime - he looked your typical upright Euro-fighter - with a decent jab and an ability to fight on the inside as well. Not a massive puncher - he wasn't Paulie Malignaggi either - and RJJ doesn't have a chin for the ages.

However - in his last outing, he had a miraculous escape against a decent boxer - Palacios, where the judges rewarded 12 rounds of failure with a points decision win. Does this indicate that age is catching up with Krystof?

I hope so - because although I wouldn't wish to bet on an RJJ win - I don't want to see him hurt either. If his opponent is faded as well - so much the better.

And if, by some miracle, he were to secure a cruiserweight belt - would that be enough for him to finally hang up his gloves?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

RJJ - one fight more Empty Re: RJJ - one fight more

Post by coxy0001 Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

RJJ to get knocked senseless

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

Oxy is impossible to say if he won the belt he would retire because delusion on the level displayed by the likes of Holy and Roy does not bother itself with logic. If what happened against Green and Dennis are not enough to convince him he has no business being in a ring to think whatever happens in here will do likewise. If he is knocked out he will just ignore it has he has previously and if he wins he will be convinced he still has it and carry on, pitiful.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:30 pm

I think it depends on his financial situation really as to whether he will carry on, having a belt and still being a bit of a name means he would generate a bit more interest I suppose so a tad more money if he does really need it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:35 pm

For the sake of RJJ, I hope he gets outpointed. If he wins as rowley says, he'll get delusional and carry on. Being KO'd may be put in the "lucky punch" category.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

He must know that in his prime he would have made Lebedev look like a tin can he knows he isn't as good as he used to be, he's pretty much coming to the stage where he's completely shot, I just find it annoying how he markets himself as if he's still in his prime that's what annoys me.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:45 pm

Financially, rumours are that he's pretty well set up. This isn't a Holyfield - a guy fighting to keep the slavering jaws of the IRS at bay. He's fighting for the love of fighting - and the delusional belief that he can still "do" it.

And that's the point - he goes back into the gym - and convinces himself that he's still got it. At some point - you'd hope that someone who cares about him would tell him some honest truths - but we know he probably wouldn't listen. Tragic really.

What's worse - is that he can almost certainly see what he wants to do - but - his mind is making cheques that his body can't pay.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:49 pm

he's pretty much coming to the stage where he's completely shot,

He was past shot before he fought Green. I don't what term you'd use to describe him now.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:56 pm

superflyweight wrote:
he's pretty much coming to the stage where he's completely shot,

He was past shot before he fought Green. I don't what term you'd use to describe him now.

Shot-by-a-cannon shot? To describe the relative shotness one would be if hit by an explosive shell.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:58 pm

Think he was way way way past it, against Green, he's shot now though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sat 24 Dec 2011, 4:03 pm

Jones, Margarito and, especially, Holyfield would do well to read about what happened to Jerry Quarry.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Sat 24 Dec 2011, 4:25 pm

It's getting to the point where he's running Tom Jones close on number of comebacks. Really hope this is his final go at the top.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 24 Dec 2011, 7:01 pm

I think the only article we should be discussing about RJJ is the one that dissects what it is that makes a boxer go on too long.

It's a tragedy without reason, as he seems to be doing okay outside of boxing, HBO, the money he's made, he rears animals. This is the only debate worthy of RJJ. His career has been well talked of and glorified, and if it is being diluted by all of his brutal losses then it is, i feel, on him.

Stop RJJ, just stop.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down