The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Hurdle Preview

2 posters

Go down

Christmas Hurdle Preview Empty Christmas Hurdle Preview

Post by racingnut Sat 24 Dec 2011, 3:26 pm

Another small turnout in terms of numbers but certainly not a race that lacks quality.With Peddlers Cross now novice chasing and Hurricane Fly head and shoulders above everything,its a scrap for who is top dog on this side of the Irish Sea,a couple or three contenders try to grasp the nettle in this event.Heres my view on it.
BINOCULAR;To say this fella is an enigma and has had a chequered racing career would be the understatement of all time! A former Champion Hurdler(won after been writen of by all connections Whistle ),a no show the following year because of a "clerical error" and more ups and downs in his overall form than a downhill skier.That said he still retains plenty of ability,he won this last year so conditions hold no fears,his reappearance was about the norm for him,he came there looking a threat and just blew up.He tends to improve as the season progresses,his pipe opener will surely bring him on,he will get a strong pace to run at and the stable has numerous lines of form on the others.Love him or loathe,he must go close.
CLERKS CHOICE;Decent performer in his own right but way out of his depth in this contest.Would need four fallers to win.No chance.
OVERTURN;Has taken over the stable mantle from Peddlers as their number one hurdler.Honest,highclass front runner who just keeps finding more.Top flight efforts at Ascot(i thought he'd have won even if Oscar Whisky hadnt fallen) and at Newcastle in the Fighting Fifth.His second to Grandouet was still a good run although he didnt seem to have the "fizz" he'd shown on his two earlier runs and this race offers a totally different test compared to Ascot and Newcastle in that its a total speed affair,connections did say that they thought he would be suited by further than two miles in these Championship events,he may find it all a bit quick but still a real player regardless.
ROCK ON RUBY;Good novice from last season,ran a blinder to be just touched of at the Festival over the extended 2m4.Seasonal debut was a solid effort under a big burden and that form has been franked but this represents a big step up in class.Not convinced that he will have the basic speed to keep competitive although the fact that hes the stable chosen probably speaks volumes.He will win more good races but i reckon it will be on stiffer tracks over slightly further.
SANCTUAIRE;Burst onto the scene with an electrifying display in the Fred Winter but has failed to build on that.Tends to run with the choke out more often than not and a wind op doesnt seem to have brought about much improvement.Hard to find a reason as to why he should suddenly rekindle himself and he will certainly have easier days.No chance.

An intriguing renewal.With a strong pace looking assured then i take BINOCULAR to gain revenge on Overturn.A speed test looks tailor made for the former and with the stable having an embarrasment of riches in this department the fact that hes the chosen one just puts the icing on the cake.
1.BINOCULAR
2.OVERTURN
3.ROCK ON RUBY

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Christmas Hurdle Preview Empty Re: Christmas Hurdle Preview

Post by Solerina Sat 24 Dec 2011, 6:18 pm

Binocular for me, too, in this

Good write up, Racingnut.

1.Binocular
2.Rock On Ruby
3.Overturn