The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Success or failure?

2 posters

Go down

Success or failure? Empty Success or failure?

Post by ospreylian Tue 15 Mar 2011, 3:16 pm

That was a good win for wales last weekend and now it puts us in a great position to even think about the championship! Not many would have said that a few weeks ago.

But here's my question to you all............if, as I suspect, England win the 6N's and Wales come second or third will that be seen as a successful season for Warren Gatland, and a valuable stepping stone towards the World Cup, or yet again a mission unaccomplished?

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Success or failure? Empty Re: Success or failure?

Post by Cowshot Wed 16 Mar 2011, 12:18 am

First off, there is no guarantee whatever that England will beat Ireland. I'm not getting into THAT try at all, but I really can't think of anything that could have happened in the Wales game that would spur the Irish more for the Saturday game. They are spitting blood and we'll get the benefit.

For where you are - I look at it completely differently: Did you beat your big rivals in the 6N (stage 1) and did you beat SH opposition recently? (Stage two).

This is not a valuable season as a stepping stone to this WC. That can be said now. You might still win a WC (see England's unlikely performance 2007) but unless this season causes a radical and very successful shift in thinking it cannot be regarded as anything other than a mess.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down