The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquez vs Bradley?

+7
coxy0001
The genius of PBF
johnson2
azania
Imperial Ghosty
Waingro
davidemore
11 posters

Go down

Marquez vs Bradley? Empty Marquez vs Bradley?

Post by davidemore Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:54 pm

So, if no Pac Man rematch Juan says he would like Bradley. A good match up potentially, especially as Bradley comes in close and like to work the body. This would mean Juan could use his effective counter punches and movement, as well as his uppers. In my opinion it would be a huge test for Timothy, who, although quicker with his hands than Juan, is yet to fight someone with his smarts. To be honest i don't want another Pac vs JMM anyway, it is too frustrating to watch such battles, only to have the judges give it to the guy who came in 2nd.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Marquez vs Bradley? Empty Re: Marquez vs Bradley?

Post by Waingro Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:57 pm

This would be a fight I would like to see. Who woud win? I reckon Marquez would win because he would counterpunch Bradley who is not as good as Pacquiao. Bradley has no speed like Pacquiao so it would be a win for Marquez who was very unlucky not to get the win over Pacquaio.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:02 pm

Me too, i would see this as a pick 'em fight. I believe lately Pac's accuracy has really gone, and Bradley seems to have great body shots, for this reason it's pretty much 50/50 for me. Great fight, hope Tim takes a big fight next, needs to step up in class after his very average comeback fight against a completely shot fighter.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:02 pm

Got to love 'gro logic.

Bradley offers a completely different stylistic challenge to Marquez than Pacquiao, as shown by Diaz he's not as adept fighting on the inside than he is the outside so it would be important to keep things on his terms but thats not the Marquez way. A close fight where it's another case of clean work against work rate.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:04 pm

smarts against will, a tricky one, but one Floyd always seems to win, hence me worried everytime JMM get a decision read out against a guy who is the future or the main star. I mean against Pac, if Floyd and not JMM fighting, clear UD right?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:06 pm

Might be the case against a Berto, Alexander or Khan but don't think Bradley has the same backing so should be a fairly fair result either way.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:12 pm

hope so ghosty, with Arum pulling the strings though. At least it wont be in house if they get it on, well, not completely. really hope bob doesn't bleed bradley for a year or two and puts him in with some quality fighters. to be fair, bradley lacks a fan base and isn't widely known so he must take these fights to get his name out there and steal fan bases. he seems to have willingness so let's just hope he is put in big fights. we reall need big fights in 2012. huge ones!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:14 pm

Aren't both Marquez and Bradley now with Arum?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:16 pm

I think JMM was for the Pac fight, not sure it a locked in thing like with Tim.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:18 pm

Have to assume the same would be the case if he fought Bradley or any other top rank fighter.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:33 pm

true ghosty, true.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 29 Dec 2011, 7:15 pm

bradley just said he wants marquez, this could be a grand fight!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 29 Dec 2011, 7:26 pm

I'd go against the grain (again) and pick Bradley. Styles. Plus the ohysical strength of Bradley and his less that clean tactics will edge it for me. Also factor in whether or not JMM's heart is still in it considering his 'loss' to Pac.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 29 Dec 2011, 7:43 pm

If his heart isn't in it anymore then he doesn't fight again simple as that, it's very much 50/50 and you're right that Bradleys physical strength could play a part but Katsidis and Diaz were both very strong fighters. The fight is won by the man who is able to fight his fight, on the outside or in the pocket Marquez wins, on the inside then Bradley wins.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 29 Dec 2011, 7:47 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:If his heart isn't in it anymore then he doesn't fight again simple as that, it's very much 50/50 and you're right that Bradleys physical strength could play a part but Katsidis and Diaz were both very strong fighters. The fight is won by the man who is able to fight his fight, on the outside or in the pocket Marquez wins, on the inside then Bradley wins.

Often boxers are the last to believe they can lose even if their heart is not in it. They are masters of self delusion. But that 'loss' could simply destroy him and make him fight in a way that renders a judges decision useless.

Bradley is better than Kats and Diaz. Also bigger and more stronger than the pair of them. JMM is more skilled, but at this weight and that he is not a physically imposing fighter, I reckon TB's dirty tactics will edge him out. Hope I'm wrong though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 29 Dec 2011, 7:58 pm

Marquez is a very level headed man, he's no Jones or Holyfield, his refusal to fight Morales proved his character. There isn't a huge difference in size between Diaz, Katsidis or Bradley, two of who were huge for there weight while Bradley is a reasonably sized light welterweight. Marquez would be too clever to let Bradley get away with any nonsense and is well schooled enough to know how to counteract it.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:01 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Marquez is a very level headed man, he's no Jones or Holyfield, his refusal to fight Morales proved his character. There isn't a huge difference in size between Diaz, Katsidis or Bradley, two of who were huge for there weight while Bradley is a reasonably sized light welterweight. Marquez would be too clever to let Bradley get away with any nonsense and is well schooled enough to know how to counteract it.

He may have character but I have doubts about him mentally after being scarred by the judging. It may affect him and make him leave his game plan to essentially try and KO Bradley. Also Bradley is a huge LWW. How he cuts weight is mind boggling and he is ripped. I hear he puts on over a stone after rehydrating. Plus he is physically very strong. And how long can JMM keep motivated and his age.

Love the bloke, but..........

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:06 pm

Where have these doubts come from exactly? Bradley is a lot smaller than the likes of Urango, Alexander and Khan the truly big light welterweights and they still only weigh around the 150lb mark come fight night.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:10 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Where have these doubts come from exactly? Bradley is a lot smaller than the likes of Urango, Alexander and Khan the truly big light welterweights and they still only weigh around the 150lb mark come fight night.

Such a robbery can affect many fighters and make them go look for the KO.

Bradley has fought at WW and looked big there also. I read that he weighed at over 150 against Alexander.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:20 pm

With regards to Marquez I don't think it's a problem, he recovered from the John fight without any issues as well as the first two Pacquiao fights.

Can't say i've read anything that suggest Bradley is a huge light welterweight.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:22 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:With regards to Marquez I don't think it's a problem, he recovered from the John fight without any issues as well as the first two Pacquiao fights.

Can't say i've read anything that suggest Bradley is a huge light welterweight.

He was described as such prior to the whitter fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:26 pm

Bradley is a fairly big light welter but JMM can be effective nonetheless, i think. be a great fight for sure.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:33 pm

Bradley has never been the hardest to find and you wont find many more accurate fighters than Marquez.

Bradleys strength and head butting makes it interesting for the first 6 rounds. After this Marquez starts to find him with regularity as he wades in using his crude tactics and possibly makes him hit the deck.

117-111 or something similar. Also Marquez is quality lol.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:01 am

This fight could go either way favour Marquez over Bradley slightly though...Think Marquez should get Cotto to come down to welter.

Marquez stops Cotto late in a entertaining fight.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:05 am

The genius of PBF wrote:This fight could go either way favour Marquez over Bradley slightly though...Think Marquez should get Cotto to come down to welter.

Nonsense. Cotto wins as JMM doesn't have the strength to compete.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:07 am

azania wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:This fight could go either way favour Marquez over Bradley slightly though...Think Marquez should get Cotto to come down to welter.

Strength does not win this fight skill does...Marquez proved against Manny he can fight at welter.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:09 am

The genius of PBF wrote:
azania wrote:

Strength does not win this fight skill does...Marquez proved against Manny he can fight at welter.

Cotto is very skilled. But far too strong for JMM who is not a big puncher and has nothing to deter Cotto. He is the very wrong type of fighter for JMM.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:10 am

Something people forget is the reach of some of these fighters, Mayweather has a significant reach advantage over Cotto, Marquez and Pacquiao which in particular for JMM makes him an absolute nightmare. How do you beat a fellow counter puncher, who's quicker, stronger and has a reach advantage over you?

Marquez has no such problem against Pacquiao or Cotto, he can use guile and technique to overcome speed and size advantages against the pair, he's got great footwork so can make sure he's in position to counter anything the pair do, no such luxury against Mayweather again.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:14 am

azania wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
azania wrote:

Cotto is very skilled. But far too strong for JMM who is not a big puncher and has nothing to deter Cotto. He is the very wrong type of fighter for JMM.

Hit hard enough to hurt Manny...If Malignaggi can hurt Cotto im sure Marquez can as well...Marquez is more skilled than Cotto.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 30 Dec 2011, 7:52 am

Its the old adage. A good big 'un will beat a great little 'un.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 30 Dec 2011, 9:23 am

If Malignaggi can hurt Cotto

????????

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 30 Dec 2011, 11:23 am

Malignaggi hurt Cotto? What?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:56 pm

Will be interesting, depends how long it takes marquez to figure Bradley out.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 30 Dec 2011, 4:53 pm

I think bradley wins this by a SD. JMM is one of my favourite fighter but ithink bradley would be too strong for him. Bradley is bigger than diaz and katsidis and has better stamina imo. JMM is 38, and the last couple of rounds vs pac he was visibly very tired. Katsidis had a lot of success on the inside but tires in the second half of the fight. Bradley gets better as the fighyt goes on so i think he will nick it in the last 3 rounds. The problem about bradley is he doesn't hit very hard. He woluld be a formidable opponent if he had a bit more pop in his shots

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

It's a good fight and one with Bradley i would look forward to for a change. I would fancy Marquez to nick a close decision, time is not on his side and could be tough in the later rounds against a big opponent as has been mentioned already.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down