The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why was Mr Kennedy brilliant yet Mr Anderson is awful?

+12
The_Enigma
legendkillar
Don Caboose
Shot 21 LCFC
AberdeenSteve
Phoenix
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
JamesLincs
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
HitmanOwl
Gregers
16 posters

Go down

why was Mr Kennedy brilliant yet Mr Anderson is awful? Empty why was Mr Kennedy brilliant yet Mr Anderson is awful?

Post by Gregers Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:51 am

Now I'm sure I'm not alone in this thinking but its very true.

When Mr Kennedy debuted in the WWE he was brilliant, a perfect gimmick which was completely new. He was immediately pushed hard and the fans loved him, yes he was a heel but he was so great that he started getting pops. Of course this push went as far as Kennedy winning the MITB briefcase before announcing he would cash in at Wrestlemania the following year.

Now of course injuries and backstage politics played a part but even after injury robbed him of the MITB briefcase he was then booked to be Vince McMahons illegitimate son (screw you Hornswoggle!) And even the Chosen One (how's that treating you Drew McIntyre?). However upon leaving the WWE it all went wrong.

Heck when dubuting in TNA it seemed that it all would go well, yet here we are with Mr Anderson who is awful!

Is he a poor man's Steve Austin?
Is it TNAs fault?
Is it his fault?

All I know is I want Mr Kennedy back!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

why was Mr Kennedy brilliant yet Mr Anderson is awful? Empty Re: why was Mr Kennedy brilliant yet Mr Anderson is awful?

Post by HitmanOwl Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:04 am

Tna is at fault.

They haven't got a clue what to do with him. He should be heel/face for a long period of time instead of switching all the time.

He should be right at the top imo but tna ain't got a clue.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

why was Mr Kennedy brilliant yet Mr Anderson is awful? Empty Re: why was Mr Kennedy brilliant yet Mr Anderson is awful?

Post by Gregers Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:17 am

Is it really TNAs fault or is it a case that in WWE he was surrounded by people that made him look good and worked a similar style?

Also his attitude seems to have got worse this year, but is that due to having the worst catchphrase of all time and having been made to turn heel/face more times than this year than Kane has in his whole career! Having said that is Anderson a heel or a face atm?

Furthermore, could Kennedy have been a multiple WWE champion?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:53 am

I'd say its partly Ortons fault for reacting the way he did in that match where Kennedy f**ked up....if he hadn't of reacted like that then I think he would never of been released.

Do you think Orton was threatend by Kennedys popularity with the fans and was worried about his status in the company if it continued to grow?

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:27 am

he'd be a multi-time world champ in wwe if orton hadnt been such a b!tch

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:13 pm

I'd disagree on the first year of Anderson in TNA, he was electric at the time and really showing why so many people rated him. TNA though then killed him with far too many poor heel/face turns.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Kennedy was boring as, Mr Anderson was one of the best things in wrestling throughout 2010, his problems started when TNA started swerving for swerving sake with him, after an epic debut feud with Kurt Angle they turned him face, I didn't agree with it but as the year went on it looked like it was just to gain our trust so he could heel turn at BFG but inexplicably TNA nixed it and used Jeff Hardy (who is as face as possible) instead

Moronic booking just because some people think if it's so out the blue then it must be good in a wink wink we got one over you

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Mr Anderson started off alright in TNA, but quickly it went downhill for him the moment he left the title scene.

I reckon it's because TNA don't know what to do with him as evident with the constant switch between heel and face.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:42 pm

I never liked him in TNA or WWE. He is so overly rated on the mic it is criminal.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Mr Kennedey was one of my favs and I really wish he would return to WWE. TNA is rubbish so I dont watch him on that.

What happened between him and Randy Orton?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 pm

I've never understood the hype that surrounds him nor have I ever been particularly impressed by anything he's ever done, so it pains me to acknowledge Randy Orton as being smart enough to get Kennedy/Anderson fired because he is even a bigger waste of space.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Kennedy was always impressive in WWE, he was given a PPV victory over Undertaker, which the WWE seem very unwilling to do with most guys, which shows how much they favoured him. His mic work was brilliant, his in-ring was largely good apart from a couple of key mistakes.

Then in TNA they definitely managed to kill him. He ended up taking shots at WWE multiple times, in a cheap WCW way. His feud with Angle was pretty poorly booked and was nothing on Wolfe vs Angle. His face run was ok, nothing special and then he just died off.

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:51 pm

Whilst I have always rated Kennedy on the mic as he was unorthodox with the whole brash and cocky aura he had, I just think his in-ring skills left a lot to be desired. Yes he had had a bit of star power quality about him, I just think in a sense he was like the Warrior, you felt compelled to watch him, but the gimmick and lack of in-ring ability could not be sustained for a long period of time as a Main Eventer and the package depends on his opponent to get him over far too much.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:06 am

Good artical.

I can only really say what's been said already, but I have to disagree with people who said that Mr. Anderson/Kennedy is poor on the mic, for me he is one of the few people remaining that can actually talk with ease on the mic and still relate to the fans and keep them interested. He also works great as both a heel & a face.

I had a long break from watching Wrestling November 2004 - December 2008 So I missed out on the debut and his run in WWE, well most of it anyway. From what I've seen he could have been one of the few guys left in WWE who could have held the big titles multiple times. He was given a big push and by going over guys such as Undertaker made him seem like a big thing who was up & coming in the WWE.

Now on to TNA, I completly agree with what has been said, when he made his debut in 2010 he was just how he left off in WWE. His feud with Kurt Angle played really well, it was after this when it went down hill. Its simply the case that the bookers have no idea what they want to do with him. But it's the same as Matt Morgan, he should have been TNA World Champ but just like Anderson now, he's completly irrelevent to the wrestling world now. His time when he was big in TNA should have led to a lenthy title run instead of winning and dropping it inside a month to Jeff Hardy. I for one would like to see the return of Mr. Kennedy one day!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:17 am

I'd like to see Mr Kennedy return to the WWE too, I think he's got talent though unlike TNA the WWE don't allow most guys to give to much to soon which is in complete contrast to TNA

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:30 am

I have to say I like Mr Anderson. I like his attitude and persona. The TNA fans seem to like him too (he's got his "A**hole Army" who chant whenever he's on).

Like a lot of their other talent though, I think he's severely underused. Because he doesn't feature that often he's not had the chance to build up any good feuds or really develop his character (beyond being an a**hole, that is Wink )

I get the impression TNA is a lot like a football club that has bought up a load of big-name players, to try and upstage their rivals, then realised they don't know what to do with them. I think this is slowly changing, but they've a long way to go. I've noticed they're making an effort to get some new tag teams together, so maybe Mr A can get some more ring time that way. Either way, I hope we see more of him soon.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 am

I have to agree with The_Enigma and disagree with those who say anderson is poor or average on the mic, he is one of a small crop of pro wrestlers who is actually at home with a mic in hand and a tv camera pointed at him. He has charisma, personality and attitude which most generic wwe produced guys lack in abundance, Anderson just has that it factor or star power whatever you want to call it he has it, sure his in ring skills are average at best but if you needed to be the most athletic or most technically gifted in ring performer to become a big name then shelton b would the top man in the business. If you are devoid of charisma, personality and attitude then you dont have a hope of ever truely getting over and Anderson has all the attributes or tools to be 'the man' in either of the top companies. I cant comment on his attitude issues as im in the dark on that topic however i do know that anderson can draw heat as a heel can get a pop as a face, can work well in the ring, conveys emotions well and is a natural in front of a live audience and on the mic. With all that being said i believe it has to come down to booking, if tna chose how they wanted to portray him and stuck with it they and he would start to reap the rewards.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by King Latifah Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:39 am

Am I the only person here who doesn't rate Kennedy at all?

Hated him in WWE and hate him in TNA too

Don't see what the big appeal is
King Latifah
King Latifah

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:51 am

@ king L why dont you rate him? its not enough to just say i hate him period

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:04 am

I honestly never really paid much attention to Mr. Kennedy in the WWE, and I never really watch TNA, but I'm thinking that maybe not changing his name to something completely different may have been a mistake on TNA's part. All they've done is change Kennedy to Anderson. To me, it suggests he's the same person/character from the WWE, which he obviously isn't.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:52 am

That's strange, I feel he obviously is the same character that left the WWE

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:06 am

the-gaffer wrote:That's strange, I feel he obviously is the same character that left the WWE

Well, that's what I was trying to say (Must've phrased it wrong!) What I mean is, because he's the same character that left the WWE, are people expecting him to do the same stuff he did in the WWE? But he can't match it because TNA isn't as big?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by King Latifah Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:25 am

MtotheC wrote:@ king L why dont you rate him? its not enough to just say i hate him period
Just never bought what he was trying to achieve

Found him irritating on the mic and his ring work was pretty meh
King Latifah
King Latifah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down