The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brock Lesnar (UFC Spoiler)

+11
The Best in the World
Bull
Jammy31
Fernando
AberdeenSteve
Phoenix
Fellaini25
JamesLincs
Crimey
Samo
Aaronb33
15 posters

Go down

Brock Lesnar (UFC Spoiler) Empty Brock Lesnar (UFC Spoiler)

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 31 Dec 2011, 5:24 am

So Brock just lost and officially retired from the Octagon.

Time for the big Wrestlemania payday? Still a few months to build it up and get a contract signed. What do we reckon?

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar (UFC Spoiler) Empty Re: Brock Lesnar (UFC Spoiler)

Post by Samo Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:06 am

I dont think we'll see Brock wrestle full time for the WWE again. He hates the travel, thats why he left in the first place. The problem is, hes not the kind of you guy you can roll out for a Rumble entry and then leave it at that. Hes still young, he can still go, and could legitamatly be a World Champion again.

Shame, I loved Lesnar.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:31 am

If he has actually officially retired from UFC, and doesn't take up a different role with them outside of actually fighting then I would be surprised if we don't see him in WWE again. I think we could see him have a short run, which would be really great, even a six month run where Lesnar is given a Shawn Michaels style contract which means he only does the big shows, he could get somebody massively over.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:48 am

well done brock first of all. i think everyone said he wouldnt make anything out of ufc. a life changing experience for him, he did well to even make last nights fight.

tbh, IF he does return to wwe i can only see him making the odd appearance resulting in a final ever match at mania before he retires from, well, everything.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Sat 31 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

I'd love to see him back and think he definatly will, whether that be a full return or a 'mania payday I don't know, won't happen for at least a year though imo, he could easily be WWE Champion again.

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sat 31 Dec 2011, 11:03 am

He retired due to his constant health problems as he hasn't been the same since his illness, so I doubt well see him in WWE on a full time basis.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 31 Dec 2011, 12:03 pm

Lesnar was always going to struggle in UFC when he faced a guy that was similar in size to himself but the diverticulitis has definitely cut his career short. For that reason I highly doubt we'll see Brock back full time in the WWE.

If he were to return I see it as a 3 month stint leading up to Wrestlemania. I would mark out like crazy if his music were to hit. Possibly a RR return and have him clear the ring and someone sneak up behind him and knock him out. It would be cliched but would make sense. Not sure who they could have face him, possibly Sheamus or Barrett (which the sneak elimination would play well for his character) and have Lesnar put them over.

I wouldn't be for a Lesnar v Undertaker match though.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 31 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

I can't see it being full time either tbh, but i think he definitely has the star power to put over the likes of Barrett.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 31 Dec 2011, 3:41 pm

Former WWE star Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter moments after UFC 141:

So obvious the 1/2-02 mystery man is Brock Lesnar. That fight was a joke #ufcisfixed @speewee #memphis

- Last night moments after Brock Lesnar had announce his retirement, the terms WrestleMania and Brock Lesnar were trending worldwide on Twitter.

Jericho has also accused him of taking a dive in the fight

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat 31 Dec 2011, 4:26 pm

If Lesnar does come back, could he be the one to fight Taker in Taker's last WM match?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 31 Dec 2011, 4:32 pm

but it might not be takers last match! he never said he was going to retire 100%! it may or may not be his last match , im not saying he wont retire just saying there is no prove that he said he will

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2011, 4:38 pm

fernando wrote: Former WWE star Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter moments after UFC 141:

So obvious the 1/2-02 mystery man is Brock Lesnar. That fight was a joke #ufcisfixed @speewee #memphis

- Last night moments after Brock Lesnar had announce his retirement, the terms WrestleMania and Brock Lesnar were trending worldwide on Twitter.

As much as I'd love to see Lesnar back in the ring, I'd hate to see him just do it for the payday and have another Lesnar vs Goldberg style match at WM.

Also with all of the Jericho twitter stuff, does anyone actually still listen to him? He has lost so much respect over the past year for being too much of a "company guy" and just becoming a kiss-a55.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat 31 Dec 2011, 4:46 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:but it might not be takers last match! he never said he was going to retire 100%! it may or may not be his last match , im not saying he wont retire just saying there is no prove that he said he will

Oh! I didn't mean the next Mania would be his last match. But if WWE were to keep Lesnar for a year or two, would he become the ideal person for Taker to fight in Taker's last Mania (Whenever that may be)
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 31 Dec 2011, 5:12 pm

fernando wrote: Former WWE star Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter moments after UFC 141:

yet another post about wrestling. he really is making it far too obvious now

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Sat 31 Dec 2011, 5:19 pm

I wouldn't mind if it was Lesnar returning monday night , would still prefer it to be jericho
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sat 31 Dec 2011, 5:29 pm

If Brock is the 'it begins 2012' guy then it has practically exposed him as a liar for claiming that if he won this fight, he would have retired after the title match regardless of the result as he would have still been in UFC.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Sat 31 Dec 2011, 5:39 pm

What about Paul Heyman?

Can't be Brock but I would mark out!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat 31 Dec 2011, 6:30 pm

Dana WhiteDuring a post-UFC 141 press conference, Dana White was asked by the media whether or not Brock Lesnar is free to go to the "other company," to which White responded by saying that Lesnar was retiring under contract to UFC. White added that Lesnar will remain under contract to UFC unless both him and Lesnar can come up with some type of agreement which will release him from UFC.

When asked whether or not Brock can wrestle again, White noted, "we will have to figure that out.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:40 pm

I think we will see Brock Lesnar again in the WWE, while he doesn't like the schedule for him it's easy money and still iffers him a place at the top table of a global brand that still requires unbelievable ability, it might not be genuine combat but their is a competitiveness there to be the best

I'd not be surprised to see him take an HBK/Undertaker styled contract where they are booked to 60 dates a year which equates to every PPV and about 45+ TV's, no houses and no tours (Shawn and Taker did o UK tours occassionally)

I don't think he'll do WrestlenMania this year, I think he'll take a good few months away from everything

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:41 pm

I think we could see him return on a limited schedule at some point

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down