The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Rowley
davidemore
6 posters

Go down

......... Empty .........

Post by davidemore Sat 31 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

Last edited by davidemore on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

davidemore

Back to top Go down

......... Empty Re: .........

Post by Rowley Sun 01 Jan 2012, 10:39 am

Got to agree re Cleverly Davide, just don't see too much to get excited about, he clearly has stamina and some skills but for me he fights as if he is a puncher when he is not really any great shakes in that department, gets rattled and thrown out of his gameplan far too easily and is way too easy to hit.

Is difficult because I think there is something there with him and it is not impossible that given time he could become half decent if given a couple o years but he is a "world" champion so for me cannot be assessed against the criteria of a prospect or work in progress he has to be assessed against how he does against other world champions or the best the weight has to offer and for me he falls a good way short of either Dawson or Hopkins.

Happy new year BTW Davide

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 01 Jan 2012, 11:37 am

I agree Rowley, almost feels like the world belt will hurt his development, confidence and career. if he had fought the mad scouser with no belt, or maybe a European belt, we'd be excited about a young contender, but alas, with world status comes world assessment. be great to see Warren take a step back with him but the belt wont allow it.

Happy New Year Rowley!!!!!!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 02 Jan 2012, 1:46 am

warren will take several steps back with him, just watch his opponents over the next 18 months.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:54 am

nathan is one fighter i would happily see slow down and fight at his level, european.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 02 Jan 2012, 1:40 pm

he is already fighting at european level. just happens to be holding a world title whilst he does it

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Mon 02 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

Would hardly say either fighter is overhyped. Both have good skills and are more than capable of fighting at world level. They just both need to improve a lot.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 02 Jan 2012, 8:36 pm

Would hardly say either fighter is overhyped. Both have good skills and are more than capable of fighting at world level. They just both need to improve a lot.
--------------

slightly contradictory mr. jimmy moz

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Jan 2012, 8:39 pm

One is a Euro champ and one a WBO champ...until you know what is expected of them it's hard to know if they are overrated....

Time will tell no doubt..when aspiration meets realisation...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 02 Jan 2012, 9:17 pm

It's difficult to know with both of these fighters, for me Nathan Cleverly will end up at World Level for sure, but just won't be enough to crack the main guys in the division with people such as Dawson there and possibly Froch and Ward moving up there.

Degale, I feel will end up the real deal, just needs to sort a few things out to achieve what he is actually capable of.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Mon 02 Jan 2012, 9:37 pm

davidemore wrote:Would hardly say either fighter is overhyped. Both have good skills and are more than capable of fighting at world level. They just both need to improve a lot.
--------------

slightly contradictory mr. jimmy moz

Not really. Who exactly is putting 'Hype Before Ability?' apart from the fighter/trainer/promoter who are going to do that anyway. I've never read or seen anywhere that has suggested either fighter is the next big thing. Good prospects yes, but I think we all know both fighters have potential.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:38 am

Not really. Who exactly is putting 'Hype Before Ability?' apart from the fighter/trainer/promoter who are going to do that anyway. I've never read or seen anywhere that has suggested either fighter is the next big thing. Good prospects yes, but I think we all know both fighters have potential.
----------------------

If you have never read that then i think you need to read more. I mean these two have been hailed as Britain's brightest, both stealing Calzaghe comparisons, both being in the Ring top ten, hyped by Warren, put on big showcases, Sky television, given lot's of promo. Come on now Jimmy....

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum