The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Wills - Lived on water only for 1 month every year?!?

+2
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
6 posters

Go down

Harry Wills - Lived on water only for 1 month every year?!? Empty Harry Wills - Lived on water only for 1 month every year?!?

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 3 Jan - 14:00

Whilst reading Union Cane's excellent 'on this day thread', Harry Wills came up.

My knowledge of fighters from this era and TBH pre 1960's is pretty poor so I thought i'd quickly read about Wills on wiki.

Wiki says that he was known for his yearly fast, in which for one month every year he survived on just water!

This must be complete rubbish as surely this is impossible and was just a publicity stunt by Wills but just wanted to know if the more knowledgeable posters know anything more about this?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Harry Wills - Lived on water only for 1 month every year?!? Empty Re: Harry Wills - Lived on water only for 1 month every year?!?

Post by Rowley Tue 3 Jan - 14:42

Have not read this before, but like you I have to think this is unlikely, however got a book for christmas with a chapter on Wills so will have a scan when I get home to see if I can find any reference to this because would be amazing if true.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Harry Wills - Lived on water only for 1 month every year?!? Empty Re: Harry Wills - Lived on water only for 1 month every year?!?

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 3 Jan - 14:43

Total nonsense, of course, but an interesting myth no doubt.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 3 Jan - 15:13

I don't actually think it is physically possible unless Wills is secretly David Blaine...

Most probably just a silly myth.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Tue 3 Jan - 16:43

Blane did it but he stayed in a box for 1 month and barely moved. I doubt anyone would be able to do this and walk around or even train. seems impossible.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 3 Jan - 16:46

lovely_london wrote:Blane did it but he stayed in a box for 1 month and barely moved. I doubt anyone would be able to do this and walk around or even train. seems impossible.

Sorry, he did not!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 5 Jan - 13:19

They missed out 'buffalo' off the end of the quote.

Water buffalo is very high in protein and a fantastic substitute for chicken.

I may have made this up (there is no may have), will have to add it to wiki shortly.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down