The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please no - Paccy-Marquez 4 !!!

+7
School Project
88Chris05
Lance
johnson2
Atila
azania
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

Please no - Paccy-Marquez 4 !!! Empty Please no - Paccy-Marquez 4 !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 6:31 pm

1. Marquez hasn't got the power to stop Pacman.
2. With a $100 million Mayweather showdown in the wings and Boxing's biggest promoter in his corner....can filipo lose a decision???
3. If Marquez got ripped off again would anybody care??..After all Paccy's got away with it before...
4. Hasn't the better fighter been proved already....?
5. Shouldn't Manny or Floyd fight eachother or just get off the pot...
6. What will Marquez have to adhere to.. In order for Paccy to win next time...??

Am I the only one who gets bored thinking about another Marquez-Paccy fight....Got the t-shirt already.........

Just a waste of time and money....

rather watch paint dry!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Please no - Paccy-Marquez 4 !!! Empty Re: Please no - Paccy-Marquez 4 !!!

Post by azania Tue 03 Jan 2012, 6:33 pm

Floyd;s fight in out of the question due to Floyd doing time. It may happen in Sept/Nov. Pac should fight Bradley instead.

But is the 4th fight on?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 6:37 pm

Don't know Mate but I'd rather he'd fight Santa Claus than Marquez..

It's a stacked deck...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 03 Jan 2012, 6:43 pm

With all the fuss over their 3rd fight, isn't there a chance the judges will favour Marquez in any close rounds? I hope not but I can see it happening.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 6:45 pm

I agree with every point. Marquez in the first and third fights clearly dominated and get shamefully robbed by the judges. He cannot win a decision, winning 9/10 clear rounds is not enough, what difference would it mean if he won all 12.....NOTHING.

Arum is to blame for all this. Judges in his pocket and unwilling to let his charge be put in a position where he might lose (even if the true fans can see through this).

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 6:49 pm

But do you really want to find out..Atty ???

You may or not remember Starling-Breland....they had a second match that ended in a lucky draw for Breland...

Anyway they both were in the HBO unification tournament where Honey was supposed to beat Starling and Breland beat Molinares to set up a big Honey-Breland showdown!!

Anyway Breland beat a late replacement and Starling beat Honey....

As no one wanted to see Starling-Breland 3 the final disappeared as quickly as the astronauts on the moon in Superman 2...

Feel the same about this fight.

.just disappear..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:06 pm

would love to see them fight again if i believed marquez would get a fair chance with the judges. marquez deserves to be the one to end mannys winning streak much more than flloyd does.
but with arum promoting again, i dont see that happening, so agree with truss, dont bother with it marquez. would be boring to hear mannys fans trying to convince themselves their man won again.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:22 pm

I've said from the off that Marquez shouldn't even entertain the idea of a fourth fight here. The likely location would be the same Vegas venue. The same people would be promoting and advertising. Similar people would be judging. What makes anyone think he's going to get a fair crack this time?

He's featured in enough big fights to not have to make money his primary concern every time he negotiates a bout. He should look at the Guerrero, Maidana, Rios types if he wants to carry on. He's proven, to me at least, that he has Pacquiao's number. At the very, very least, he should be 1-1-1 against him, though I think something like 2-1 or 1-2-0 would be more appropriate.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:30 pm

Pacquaio will have the "pick" out of:

1. Peterson.
2. Bradley.
3. Cotto.
4. Marquez.

Financially, Marquez or Cotto make a lot of sense. However, the stench of hypocracy in Pacquaio v Cotto 2 would make my nose implode and my balls to fall from my body. Seeing as Martinez is willing to make Junior Middle to fight Manny. Also, to get Marquez in the ring a 4th time to "settle a score" is shameful as he has already beaten Manny twice...

Peterson is able to switch his style and if anyone has any sense, they'll see that Manny Pacquiao is useless fighting forward and can't understand the foot movement of anyone who boxes laterally. If Peterson was to use slick movement and plow right hands at Manny, he would cause him problems...

Bradley would be made for Pacquaio, he is crude when coming forward, has little punching power (a guy has to throw 1000 punches at a 73 year old Casamayor and still not manage to KO him). But the guy can't sell tickets at a cinema.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:36 pm

Here's a novel idea. How about Pac actually fighting a welterweight. Mike Jones or Kell Brook for instance. Or even Berto Ortiz. Any top 10 welterweight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:38 pm

azania wrote:Here's a novel idea. How about Pac actually fighting a welterweight. Mike Jones or Kell Brook for instance. Or even Berto Ortiz. Any top 10 welterweight.

Weren't you spouting a load of 'a fighter has no say in who he fights, it's up to the promoters, we should never blame the fighters under any circumstances' guff earlier?

I'm sure Pacquiao would love to fight those guys, but as you say, his hands are tied and he has no say in who he fights.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:44 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
azania wrote:Here's a novel idea. How about Pac actually fighting a welterweight. Mike Jones or Kell Brook for instance. Or even Berto Ortiz. Any top 10 welterweight.

Weren't you spouting a load of 'a fighter has no say in who he fights, it's up to the promoters, we should never blame the fighters under any circumstances' guff earlier?

I'm sure Pacquiao would love to fight those guys, but as you say, his hands are tied and he has no say in who he fights.

I dont see the relevance. I'd like to see him against a young, hungry ww. Nothing about who makes the match-up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:50 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

I chuckled at that...

Pacquaio will only fight Bob Arums "in-house" fighters or anyone who is promoted elsewhere but beatable... If he lost his cash cow to anyone other than himself he would lose too much revenue. Look at the junk he spurts about Martinez not being a dollar-making fighter... despite crucifying his great white-hype Pavlik.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:52 pm

azania wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

I dont see the relevance. I'd like to see him against a young, hungry ww. Nothing about who makes the match-up.

You were laughing at the idea that Bute goes anywhere other than where the highest pay day is earlier - now you're requesting Pacquiao take on the likes of Brook, Jones or Ortiz, all of whom carry little financial clout in the wider scheme of things. Make up your mind, which should it be?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:56 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
azania wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

You were laughing at the idea that Bute goes anywhere other than where the highest pay day is earlier - now you're requesting Pacquiao take on the likes of Brook, Jones or Ortiz, all of whom carry little financial clout in the wider scheme of things. Make up your mind, which should it be?

The difference is that this is what I would like to see. Of course it wont happen. When guys like Pac, Floyd, Hatton (to an extent) etc reach a certain level their fights will always be high reward fights with cherry picked opponents. I accept that happens. It doesn't mean I like it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

I don't really see a massive gulf between the likes of Mosley, Marquez and Clottey to Brook, Jones or Ortiz, they have age on their side but not a great deal else.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:06 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I don't really see a massive gulf between the likes of Mosley, Marquez and Clottey to Brook, Jones or Ortiz, they have age on their side but not a great deal else.

For me that's not the point. I haven't been very critical of Pac for fighting Clottey. There were no stips and Clottey was actually a live and world class WW. It was a relevant challenge as opposed to SSM and the weight stip for Cotto.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

If he fights any of the guys you mentioned people would be critical of him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:13 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:If he fights any of the guys you mentioned people would be critical of him.

People will be critical of him whoever he fights if he doesn't fight Floyd next.

If he fights JMM next and wins convincingly, people will say that JMM was old. The problem is with all the stips he put in place with other opponents.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

The Cotto stipulations were by demand from the WBO not Pacquiao.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:The Cotto stipulations were by demand from the WBO not Pacquiao.

SO just out of the blue, the WBO decided they wanted weight stips on Cotto. Please ghosty, dont be so naieve.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:35 pm

The fight was signed as a non-title affair but the WBO decided to make it a mandatory defence for Cotto.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:The fight was signed as a non-title affair but the WBO decided to make it a mandatory defence for Cotto.

Money making excercise for the wbo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:53 pm

You can argue with the title being on the line but the win is fully legitmate.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

Clottey was in no way shape or form a live world class WW.

He sat behind his guard all night. May aswell have not turned up.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:45 am

JabMachine wrote:Clottey was in no way shape or form a live world class WW.

He sat behind his guard all night. May aswell have not turned up.

Would argue on paper he was, in his fight previous barely losing to Miguel Cotto on a split decision that was slightly controversial at the time, although it is inargueable that his performance on the night was extremely dissatisfying.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:56 am

I don't believe he was ever World Class. He lacked the bite to really be World Class. World level, but certainly not deserving to be in the same ring as Pacquiao unless he was going to throw some punches. He didn't do that. He coasted to a big payday. You know what? I think if he fought like he did against Cruz/Judah he might have had a chance. He didn't really seem to be affected by Pacquiaos punches so I think he could have done some damage if he'd have come forward. Not won though. Outmatched really.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

JabMachine wrote:I don't believe he was ever World Class. He lacked the bite to really be World Class. World level, but certainly not deserving to be in the same ring as Pacquiao unless he was going to throw some punches. He didn't do that. He coasted to a big payday.

Well, Pacquiao wasn't to know that he'd put in that kind of negative performance, was he?

On paper, there wasn't much wrong with the Clottey fight. Let's not forget that when the fight was signed, Mosley and Berto were still tied up (that fight wasn't cancelled until after Pacquiao-Clottey had been signed), negotiations with Mayweather had fallen through over the testing issues, and Pacquiao had just systematically thrashed Cotto. At that point, a fight with Clottey was just about the only realistic Welterweight fight out there for Pacquiao.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:03 am

Ah, thats a good point.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:39 pm

JabMachine wrote:I don't believe he was ever World Class. He lacked the bite to really be World Class. World level, but certainly not deserving to be in the same ring as Pacquiao unless he was going to throw some punches. He didn't do that. He coasted to a big payday. You know what? I think if he fought like he did against Cruz/Judah he might have had a chance. He didn't really seem to be affected by Pacquiaos punches so I think he could have done some damage if he'd have come forward. Not won though. Outmatched really.

That depends on what you mean by world class. As a former title holder, I believe him to be world class. Put up a very good show against Cotto and lost on a split. No shame in that.

Against Pac, its another story. When the fight was signed and with no stips, I thought it was a good matchup.....until the fight. Great performance by Pac to force Clottey to cover up all night. On the few occassions Clottey did open up, he landed consistently showing Pac's vulnerabilities in which a better technician would capitalise on.

On the whole, great performance by Pac.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:39 pm

I agree that there is no point in a fourth fight, Pacquiao would struggle as usual but his aggressive style would be favoured over Marquez. I'm looking forward to seeing Pacquiao again as he could be on the slide, i hope not.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:40 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

Don't the WBO have mandatory contenders? If so shouldn't Pacquiao be mandated to fight Mike Jones by now? I don't think Pacquaio has made a mandatory since he won the WBO belt.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:41 pm

Do we genuinely think that Bob Arum paid the judges to give Pacqioau the decision or something, because that's the general theme here?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:42 pm

Atila wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Don't the WBO have mandatory contenders? If so shouldn't Pacquiao be mandated to fight Mike Jones by now? I don't think Pacquaio has made a mandatory since he won the WBO belt.

It's all about money money money money, and fighters that geenrate an awful lot fighting other fighters never need to face mandatories, the same reason Mayweather won't be stripped because he generates so much cash for the WBC. But hey ho, not that the governing bodies are corrupt or anything hey?!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:57 pm

We should all be glad that Felix Trinidad can no longer make 147lbs, otherwise he'd probably be next for Pacquiao.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 04 Jan 2012, 4:45 pm

Atila wrote:We should all be glad that Felix Trinidad can no longer make 147lbs, otherwise he'd probably be next for Pacquiao.

Never write off a great, Atila. Whistle

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 4:59 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Do we genuinely think that Bob Arum paid the judges to give Pacqioau the decision or something, because that's the general theme here?

I think so. Something certainly smells. It is not like they are not used to the big scene. Marquez won 9 clear rounds for me. At least 7 of the rounds were beyond being subjective.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down