The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!!

+6
AlexHuckerby
manos de piedra
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
azania
The Galveston Giant
Waingro
10 posters

Go down

Who should Pacquiao face??

Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Vote_lcap54%Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Vote_lcap31%Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Vote_lcap8%Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Vote_lcap7%Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Empty Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!!

Post by Waingro Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:43 am

Last time out Pacquaio was very lucky imo he was schooled by Marquez who was robbed. But Pacquiaos promoter Bob Arum has said he will give Pacquiao a list of 4 opponents to choose from this time. The four opponents are Bradley, Marquez, Peterson and Cotto.

Arum has said a fight with Cotto would be a lmw but fights with the others would be at ww. So what do people think of these fights? Many were hoping for Mayweather but tbh I dont think he will want to fight him now that he is on the slide. I think he should stay away from Mayweather who would school him maybe this will be Pacquiaos last fight before he retires. I think he needs to retire after this fight before he gets to washed up he has lost alot of speed and is not as focused as he once was. He is to involved in politics and imo Freddie Roach is starting to become past it also because of his illness.

So who do people think Pacquiao will choose and who would they like to see??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Empty Re: Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!!

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:54 am

It would be funny if he stole Peterson but Bradley would be best.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!! Empty Re: Pacquiao given four opponents to choose from!!

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:56 am

I'd be comfortable with any on the list so long as there are no silly stipulations such as JMM not allowing to hit Pac more than once a round.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:23 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:It would be funny if he stole Peterson but Bradley would be best.

Peterson should give Khan a rematch after that hometown decision Khan has offered him a rematch but Peterson has said no I think he will duck a rematch with Khan tbh.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:46 am

Fair play to Peterson if he fights someone else other than Khan. He trained his heart out and won the belt with NO rematch clause in the contract. It's not his fault Khan is a spoilt rat. Khan deserves nothing after the disrespect he has shown to Petersons win.

Grab a klennex for Amir to dry those beads.

Pacquiao to fight either Peterson or Bradley next. speaking of ducking, if Manny won Petersons belts, you would see the long trail of dust from Khan bolting for the hills. A sudden move up to Welter would be the move as "manny is my fwiend Sad )
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:16 am

Marquez for me.

Peterson v Khan II
Cotto v Martinez/Alvarez
Pacquiao v Marquez

That would be my preference. With Bradley moving to WW to take on a name there.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:32 am

Wouldn't mind seeing Bradley up to face Brook as unlikely that is.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:35 am

I dont see the point in JMM 4. Will they keep fighting him until they get the right result? JMM has proved to be the better fighter of the 2 in all's eyes except for the judges.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

azania wrote:I dont see the point in JMM 4. Will they keep fighting him until they get the right result? JMM has proved to be the better fighter of the 2 in all's eyes except for the judges.

I dont think he has really. Pacquiao is the better fighter overall for me. He won the last head to head in my view but it was a very good, competitive fight and I would like to see it again to see if Pacquiao had an off night or could up his game, or if not that Marquez gets the win his last performance deserved.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:02 am

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:I dont see the point in JMM 4. Will they keep fighting him until they get the right result? JMM has proved to be the better fighter of the 2 in all's eyes except for the judges.

I dont think he has really. Pacquiao is the better fighter overall for me. He won the last head to head in my view but it was a very good, competitive fight and I would like to see it again to see if Pacquiao had an off night or could up his game, or if not that Marquez gets the win his last performance deserved.

I have only seen clips of their last fight, but going by reports, JMM deserved the nod. I had JMM winning their previous fights. JMM isn't getting any younger either and its a wonder how he fights at this level at his age. Also can he get up for another fight knowing that he cant get a decision fighting his normal way and would have to adapt to get the decision. Changing his style could play into Pac's hands.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:15 am

Wouldn't just mind seeing Marquez move into the LWW division, there's a lot of tough challenges there, none of which brings in the sort of money Manny does however, would be interesting seeing ho a Khan Marquez fight turns out.

Would Khan win due to it being kept at long distance and the fact that Marquez isn't very good at exposing the type of weakness' that Khan has in the fact that he's not very good on the front foot, or would he be able to methodically pick him apart?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:16 am

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:

I have only seen clips of their last fight, but going by reports, JMM deserved the nod. I had JMM winning their previous fights. JMM isn't getting any younger either and its a wonder how he fights at this level at his age. Also can he get up for another fight knowing that he cant get a decision fighting his normal way and would have to adapt to get the decision. Changing his style could play into Pac's hands.

The last fight was the clearest of the three in my view. I had Marquez by about 4 rounds. I dont really have any issue with people giving Marquez the nod in the first two, but it seems now they are becoming a case Marquez was robbed when they were very close fights easily capable of going either way. I dont really agree either that Marquez is garaunteed to be robbed again if they fight. If anything I think the stigma from the last fight might mean he goes into the fight with some goodwill from the judges. Which is part of the reason Id like to see it again. The two match up well. Im not convinced Marquez is miles ahead even in head to head terms. I thought he won the last fight but I didnt think it was a schooling and if they were to fight again I think it would be genuinely be close and competitive.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

Its not a question of JMM being guaranteed to get robbed again. Its more likely that JMM would feel he would get robbed again if it goes the distance.

If the 3rd was clearly JMM's fight, then I dont see what a 4th fight would prove to JMM in particular.

I had JMM winning the previous fights by a distance, but closer due to the knock-downs.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:02 pm

azania wrote:Its not a question of JMM being guaranteed to get robbed again. Its more likely that JMM would feel he would get robbed again if it goes the distance.

If the 3rd was clearly JMM's fight, then I dont see what a 4th fight would prove to JMM in particular.

I had JMM winning the previous fights by a distance, but closer due to the knock-downs.

Im not looking at it from JMM point of view. Im looking at it from my own as a fan. If JMM feels he has nothing left to prove, so be it. But he might also want to get the official win. Im sure Lewis felt he had beaten Holyfield in the first fight by why would he turn down a bumper payday and the chance to put the record straight in official terms?

I dont really see how you can say you had JMM winning the last fights by a distance but closer due to knockdowns. Thats boxing and part of the scoring. The fights were close. Even many of the rounds were pretty nip/tuck with one fighter edging it rather than dominating it.

I think if they were fight again next I wouldnt make one fighter more than a 60% favourite. I think theres a possiblity that Pacquiao beleived the bookies odds on the last fight and thought Marquez was worse off than he actually was. In the next fight I think he would be better prepared so I would envisage a close fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:05 pm

No point in the Marquez fight, he has won two by a clear margin and the other he was still the better man. Not going to get a decision nad he cant knock him out.

Bradley for me. Manny stops him in a fairly one sided fight but he is the best available challenge outside Marquez and Floyd at WW.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:19 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:Its not a question of JMM being guaranteed to get robbed again. Its more likely that JMM would feel he would get robbed again if it goes the distance.

Im not looking at it from JMM point of view. Im looking at it from my own as a fan. If JMM feels he has nothing left to prove, so be it. But he might also want to get the official win. Im sure Lewis felt he had beaten Holyfield in the first fight by why would he turn down a bumper payday and the chance to put the record straight in official terms?

I dont really see how you can say you had JMM winning the last fights by a distance but closer due to knockdowns. Thats boxing and part of the scoring. The fights were close. Even many of the rounds were pretty nip/tuck with one fighter edging it rather than dominating it.

I think if they were fight again next I wouldnt make one fighter more than a 60% favourite. I think theres a possiblity that Pacquiao beleived the bookies odds on the last fight and thought Marquez was worse off than he actually was. In the next fight I think he would be better prepared so I would envisage a close fight.

From a fan point of view is deja vu for me. Pac fights 2-3 times a year. He hasn't got many fights left in him. I'd like to see him in with someone else.

In their 2nd fight I had it 8-2-2 JMM and 8-3-1 in their first. This was before Pac became a household name. Having watched those fights againb, I stand by those scores. But with the KDs I can see how it was scored as a close fight especially if the drawn rounds went to Pac.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:33 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:

From a fan point of view is deja vu for me. Pac fights 2-3 times a year. He hasn't got many fights left in him. I'd like to see him in with someone else.

In their 2nd fight I had it 8-2-2 JMM and 8-3-1 in their first. This was before Pac became a household name. Having watched those fights againb, I stand by those scores. But with the KDs I can see how it was scored as a close fight especially if the drawn rounds went to Pac.

I dont think Peterson is in his league really. Cotto has been done before but was less competitive. The extra weight might would help Cotto if it was held at lmw, but not enough to suggest to me Cotto can win. Bradley would be a decent fight on paper but I have the feeling stylewise hes a good fit for Pacquiao so not as a big a threat. Marquez out of all of them offers the most competitive fight for me, although I would be happy enough to watch any of them bar Peterson who I dont think is in the same level at the moment. I suspect they will go with Bradley.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:42 pm

I reckon they'll go for Bradley also. I disagree that style-wise he is suited to Pac. Bradley is a cagey fighter and decent counterpuncher. Not the biggest puncher but has a way of making opponents fight his style. Still Pac would win comfortably because his A game is better than whatever Bradley brings to the table.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

Bradley is there for Pac to look sparkling against.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Bradley is there for Pac to look sparkling against.

Has anyone looked good against Bradley? Has he ever looked good? The guy is boring but effective at what he does.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:09 pm

Pacqiaou will blow him away, hate to sound like Waingro but he just isn't in his class... Imo.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sat 07 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

I honestly don't see much point in him fighting any of those.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sat 07 Jan 2012, 6:34 pm

actually think Bradley has a very good chance...

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:39 pm

Lets not forget that Pacquiao is on the slide now so I would not rule out these guys. Marquez schooled him imo and would school him again if the fought he has his number. Bradley is unbeaten and very dangerous I think he would have a good chance and Cotto looks to be in good form again he was not at his best last time they fought and he had weght stipulations so if the fight was at lmw then he would have a big advantage so lets not rule him out there. Not sure about Peterson tbh Bradley schooled him and I think he was very lucky against Khan who I think was robbed. I think Pacquiao would destroy Peterson who is not as good.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:41 pm

It's a bit to soon to say Pacquiao is on the slide. He wasn't schooled by Marquez it was a close fight which Marquez probably deserved to win by a small margin.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down