The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playoffs

+5
adams_legend
crazy_dave23
BamBam
Barney92
Colan (niner)
9 posters

Go down

Playoffs Empty Playoffs

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:34 pm

What game are you most looking forward to come the weekend and what team would you like to see winning. Obviously im hoping the niners win, and that the saints don't get any extra help from the officials, every game I see, their o-line holds but there is a no call and there are a few games where the other team gets bad spots that are just a joke against them. I want to see brees get crushed a few times early and for willis and the safeties to destroy graham if he comes over the middle. I'm also looking forward to denver, if they somehow pull it off, It would be the biggest playoff shock ever to me.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Playoffs Empty Re: Playoffs

Post by Barney92 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:59 pm

I want Packers to win, but I want the Broncos to win even more. I would love to see Tebow and the lads in the Super Bowl.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:01 pm

The 2 NFC games look like they could be brilliant. Shootout at Lambeau between the Giants and Packers, then offence vs defence at Candlestick, just hoping we can slow down Brees and crew.

Tebow is a massive story again this week, in prime time up against Tom Brady and Belichick with the coach who drafted him now with the Patriots. Like a few writers have said, Tebow this year is like watching a sports movie and we all know how those turn out.

Ravens/Texans should be a defensive battle, going to predict low scores for this one.

Reckon we will see Packer-49ers in the NFC title game, and Ravens-Patriots in the AFC. I wouldn't be surprised to see the complete opposite of both games though, can't wait for the weekend

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 49ers Defence is really made of versus the Saints potent offence.

It should be a close one and they have a chance, but I'm not sure I can see them derailing that offence in this form.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Im struggling to guess how our D will cope tbh. I do believe that the best defense in the nfl is going up against the best offense so it'll be interesting. I think we have the right guys to cover graham and sproles, obviously they will still make plays though.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:39 am

I have money on the saints so hope they come in

Also I hope Denver win, Teebow gets so much slack for not being the perfect quaterback and if they bet the Pats it will be funny

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Wed 11 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

Really looking forward to Saints @ 49ers ,49ers have a great D but can there CB's cope
Also the Texans & Ravens clash should be brutal

My predictions are
Saints , Packers , Pats & Texans
Mind you I didn't get many wild card games right
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Wed 11 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

Would love the Pack to repeat, but i'm mighty worried about them Giants

My predictions
Saints, Giants ,Pats & Ravens

Last edited by TM Moot on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Wed 11 Jan 2012, 2:28 pm

I'm hoping to see Broncos vs Ravens in AFC and Saints vs Packers in NFC champs, the two games would be such massive contrasts it would make for a very entertaining weekend. I also really believe that is how this weekend's games will pan out, though the pats/broncos and giants/packers I'd say are the most likely games to go either way.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 11 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm

I have been reading a few previews, and people seem to think the Texans have little chance against Baltimore. What is everyone's view? If Yates can be average again like last week, then Foster and Tate will be able to run against a Baltimore D which isn't as good as it has been in the past. I would say that both defences compare fairly well, with the Ravens having a slight edge thanks to Reed, Lewis and Ngata.

If anything, Flacco and co should be under scrutiny, outside of Ray Rice that whole offence has had very average seasons, I can't see this being a high scoring game at all

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

bambamwillis wrote:I have been reading a few previews, and people seem to think the Texans have little chance against Baltimore. What is everyone's view? If Yates can be average again like last week, then Foster and Tate will be able to run against a Baltimore D which isn't as good as it has been in the past. I would say that both defences compare fairly well, with the Ravens having a slight edge thanks to Reed, Lewis and Ngata.

If anything, Flacco and co should be under scrutiny, outside of Ray Rice that whole offence has had very average seasons, I can't see this being a high scoring game at all

If the Texans were at home again I'd probably give the Texans the edge as I think they do have the better D overall, and both are average - run first - offenses. I also like the experience edge that the Ravens have, plus they have managed to pull through in their "big" games this season. I also don't think the Texans will be able to run too well against the Baltimore D that allowed the 2nd least yards per game during the regular season at 92.6, though they did give up 10tds, and if the Texans are forced to play catchup i can see Ed Reed getting at leasts a couple of picks off of Yates.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:10 pm

I reckon the Giants O will put points up, but its their D that may see them fail. The Packers OL has been healthy and much improved of late, so their pass rush isn't going to have it so easy. And their secondary is going to be facing the best QB and 5 or 6 of the best receiving threats in the NFL, not the 2 (maybe 3) they faced last week. If its a shootout, the Packers will outscore the Giants.

Saints should be able to beat the 49ers for similar reasons. The Saints have too many weapons to be stuffed by the 49ers and if that is a shootout too, the 49ers don't have the weapons to outscore the Saints. It would be something of a fairy tale to see them win though.

Texans will struggle against the Ravens, simply because Johnson isn't 100% and they will need their passing game to beat the Ravens D. Then again, Flacco may have one of his lousy games and gift it to the Texans...

The one I'd say was a toss up is the Pats v Broncos. If the Broncos can't stop the Pats scoring, I can't see Tebow and co. matching them score for score. But if the Bronco's D can play like they did 1st half last week (but all game long) then it could be along day for Brady and co. Then there's the Tebow factor. I can see the Bronco's pulling the upset here.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 11 Jan 2012, 6:57 pm

bambamwillis wrote:I have been reading a few previews, and people seem to think the Texans have little chance against Baltimore. What is everyone's view? If Yates can be average again like last week, then Foster and Tate will be able to run against a Baltimore D which isn't as good as it has been in the past. I would say that both defences compare fairly well, with the Ravens having a slight edge thanks to Reed, Lewis and Ngata.

I would love them to win, but I just don't see it happening. As someone else pointed out, the Ravens bad games this year tended to be against bad teams rather than the "big" games. They are going to be even more fired up now that the Steelers are out and I generally think they are more talented overall and definitely more prepared for the "big" game.
Yates could conceivably draw a lot of parallels with Flacco as they are not massive threats passing, but base their game on efficiency and keeping the defense honest so that they cant put 9 in the box to defend the run. Flacco however is ahead on the curve by a few years, has done this before and I can't see Yates going on the road and not putting one up for the defense to pick off.
Wonder if the potential loss of Wade Phillips might distract the Texans slightly as well?

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down