The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic Reply Notification Emails; and How To Turn Them Off.

+11
Gibson
Mind the windows Tino.
Union Cane
Dexter Morgan
superflyweight
Ozzy3213
Rava
Adam D
Cymroglan
Steffan
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
15 posters

Go down

Topic Reply Notification Emails; and How To Turn Them Off. Empty Topic Reply Notification Emails; and How To Turn Them Off.

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 pm

If anyone's noticed that they are suddenly getting emails notifying them about replies to posts, it appears that Forumotion has reset everyone's user account preferences to automatically do this.

To stop this again, follow these steps:
  • Click on the "Profile" link in the top centre of your screen.
  • Next, click on the "Preferences" link in the upper left of your screen.
  • Then scroll down to "Always notify me of replies" and click on the "NO" button.
  • Lastly, scroll down and click on the "Save" button on bottom centre of the page

You can also see which topics you are already receiving email notifications for from your Profile:
  • Next, click on the "Topic(s) being watched" link in the upper left of your screen.
  • Then click on the tick-boxes on the right hand side of page to select topics you want to no longer receive emails about (or click "Mark All" at bottom right
  • Scroll down and click on the "Stop watching the selected topics" button on bottom centre of the page
  • Click "Yes" when asked "Do you really want to stop watching the selected topic(s)?"

Sorry for the hassle folks.

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed some typos)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Topic Reply Notification Emails; and How To Turn Them Off. Empty Re: Topic Reply Notification Emails; and How To Turn Them Off.

Post by Steffan Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 pm

Iv done all this and its still happening im afraid

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Topic Reply Notification Emails; and How To Turn Them Off. Empty Re: Topic Reply Notification Emails; and How To Turn Them Off.

Post by Cymroglan Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Did you scroll down to the bottom and select Save

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:39 pm

It wont unwatch the topics you were watching before you switched it off.

Do the second part of the OP where you check what you are watching and deselct them too OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Yes I clicked save. I did the second part of the OP earlier but had to do it again so now iv done it hopefully it should work OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 am

Kiwi!! I have now turned off all Topic Reply Notifications - 5 Times.

The seem to have a mind of their own. I've just cleared my email inbox AGAIN!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:06 am

You have to do the second part Rava and clear the 'topics being watched' as well.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:08 am

Sorted now Pete, thanks to Kiwi thumbsup
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm looking forward to the development of this basic IT assistance feature. Is today's topic "the space bar and its uses"?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:08 pm

We were saving that for next week. OK
Today we were going to explain how to make the vowels look like this:

á
é
í
ó
ú

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Y I Man wrote:We were saving that for next week. OK
Today we were going to explain how to make the vowels look like this:

á
é
í
ó
ú

I'm in - that's the sexiest thing I've seen in ages.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:15 pm

There is a special prize available to whoever knows how to do it.*

*Prizes are at the admin discretion and depends if Hero wants to cough up or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Ctrl+Alt+A
Ctrl+Alt+E
Ctrl+Alt+I
Ctrl+Alt+O
Ctrl+Alt+U

I win! What do I win?

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:20 pm

I didnt know that Laugh

There is another way as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Can you do this though...

在以后翻译了一些文本点击按钮被标记的 搜寻与这的网; 为了展开查寻使用翻译结果作为您的询问。
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Union Cane wrote:Can you do this though...

Easy.

在以后翻译了一些文本点击按钮被标记的 搜寻与这的网; 为了展开查寻使用翻译结果作为您的询问

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

You missed the 。off the end Tino, yours doesn't make sense.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Union Cane wrote:You missed the 。off the end Tino, yours doesn't make sense.

Sorry. Still easy though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:15 pm

I did BOTH. Still got them. Logged Off and On again. Sorted. I hope.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:42 pm

áéíóú
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Rava wrote:áéíóú

Is that from the chinese cover of Whitney Houstons 'I will always love you'

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Cheers Kiwi, even if it doesn't help me conquer my fear of checking how many emails I have.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Have done what the op has said, but still getting e-mails.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:24 pm

westisbest wrote:Have done what the op has said, but still getting e-mails.

I had that but I had missed the bit afterwards where it asks if you are sure you want to stop following topics or receiving e-mails. Have you done that bit?

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:38 pm

carrieg4 wrote:
westisbest wrote:Have done what the op has said, but still getting e-mails.

I had that but I had missed the bit afterwards where it asks if you are sure you want to stop following topics or receiving e-mails. Have you done that bit?

I'd check that westisbest. Your settings definitely have the "receive replies" turned off, but I can't access the bit of your profile that lists existing threads you're being notified of.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:42 pm

You must also do this bit from the OP to stop the ones that you are already receiving:

• Next, click on the "Topic(s) being watched" link in the upper left of your screen.
  • Then click on the tick-boxes on the right hand side of page to select topics you want to no longer receive emails about (or click "Mark All" at bottom right
  • Scroll down and click on the "Stop watching the selected topics" button on bottom centre of the page
  • Click "Yes" when asked "Do you really want to stop watching the selected topic(s)?"

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Have done that Adam.

Cheers.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down