The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jackie Stewarts Autobiography

2 posters

Go down

Jackie Stewarts Autobiography Empty Jackie Stewarts Autobiography

Post by Equo Troiano Wed 11 Jan 2012, 3:49 pm

'Winning Is Not Enough'

Stewart seems obsessed with discussing his royal, 'celebrity' and corporate connections and personal taste in clothes, rather than what would be much more interesting, i.e. what it was like to drive the cars in his era. Too much uninteresting information. There is one whole chapter on the author's dogs, another on a clinic in the US, too much detail on what would deserve only a passing mention, etc. The author, whose talents as a racing driver are undisputable, has a very inflated ego and is a master of name dropping. The book is well written, but that's all. A waste of time.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Jackie Stewarts Autobiography Empty Re: Jackie Stewarts Autobiography

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2012, 12:49 pm

would like to read the section of his relationship with Francois Cevert and the reactions to his death etc............If it's in the book that is!

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

I never bother buying autobiographies, whether they're sports stars, musicians or actors/actresses. Having read a fair few reviews of musical ones, I'm guessing a lot of them are filled with self-indulgent rubbish.

I don't particularly want to read about their pets, kids, parents, decorating or holiday mishaps, or nights of drunken excess. You can generally find most of the interesting / important stuff for free on the internet anyway.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down