The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kubica breaks his leg

+5
liverbnz
Fernando
Bull
The Special Juan
Demon Racer
9 posters

Go down

Kubica breaks his leg Empty Kubica breaks his leg

Post by Demon Racer Wed 11 Jan 2012, 6:31 pm

Being reported that Robert fell over and has reopened the fracture in his tibia, suffered during his rally crash.

I'm gutted for Robert and hoping his recovery is quick!

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Kubica breaks his leg Empty Re: Kubica breaks his leg

Post by The Special Juan Wed 11 Jan 2012, 6:53 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/16521193.stm

Laugh So unlucky!!!!!!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:20 pm

really hope he recovers quick , his a great driver and either way his going to be missed on the track , hope he recovers ok

how is this funny?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:51 pm

It's not, it's just so unfortunate!! You couldn't write it. I wonder what he did to break it, actually. The laughy face is a bit strong, yes.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

He slipped over TSC

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:38 pm

He hasn't even broken his leg, he's re-opened the fracture which is going to delay his return to fitness by the grand sum of...........

Spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

You have to feel for him. I really hope to see him back to his best to see what his talent can achieve.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2012, 12:30 pm

On other forums there's people stating 'it's the end for kubica etc'.......what a load of bullcrap!

I knew everyone would overreact to this news, maybe not so much on here but elsewhere. Yes, it's a broken leg and he's reopened a previous break but as Fernando says its going to deley his recovery for a couple of months at the most. If anything the news is probably a blessing in disguise, it gives him more time for him to recover from his previous injuries and to improve his upper body strength to the levels that are required for f1 before he tests again. He had no drive in f1 anyway, only a reported test at ferrari. He was always realistically targetting 2013 so nothing has changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 12 Jan 2012, 1:27 pm

Someone is trying to tell him something.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:07 pm

I don't know if I should laugh or cry !
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:07 pm

Well, its the last thing he needed, but overall it doesn't sound like it'll affect his progress too badly, given that he wasn't going to come back until next season at the earliest anyway.

Poor guy. As the article said, if it wasn't for bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

While we are all excited regarding the imminent 2012 season, here is an update on Robert Kubica

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/177473/1/kubica_unable_to_pick_up_a_glass_to_drink_-_reports.html

These are only reports, however I see no reason why Jaime Alguersuari would not tell the truth regarding Kubica's fitness. I for one was confident Robert would be back in Formula 1 in 2013 but to me it looks like his injuries will end his competitive motorsport career.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:50 pm

That's a shame if true Sad

Jaime is doing 5 live commentary for the 2012 season apparently

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:57 pm

I suppose it all depends on where Jamie got his info from. As the article states, a close friend of Kubica has said that he is close to leading a normal life. There were also reports of him being seen driving in Italy. So I guess we'll have to just wait and see and not read to much into any information given out.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:15 pm

liverbnz wrote:I suppose it all depends on where Jamie got his info from. As the article states, a close friend of Kubica has said that he is close to leading a normal life. There were also reports of him being seen driving in Italy. So I guess we'll have to just wait and see and not read to much into any information given out.

It's interesting because Alguersuari is getting some stick for his recent comments regarding Kubica's condition. It appears Kubica has recently tested a Skoda Fabia rally car and their are pictures to prove the event occured. The pictures I've seen clearly show Robert in good health, however he does tend to hide his right arm and his arm positioning in some photos looks awkward. I agree we have to wait and it looks as if late June or early July will be when an official statement is released on the future of Kubica's F1 career.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodginho Fri 01 Jun 2012, 9:05 am

The talk of Vettel being rumoured to Ferrari for 2014 reminded me of Mr Kubica, as we were all certain he was replacing Massa in 2012 (pre-accident)
Havn't seen anything on his recovery, but wondered if he's an outside chance for a top/midfield drive next year??

Hodginho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:35 am

I've heard absolutely no news regarding Kubica's condition which tells me that he will probably never return to F1. His advisors said that they would release a statement in either June or July, so I guess we must wait and see but in all honesty it doesn't look good for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:42 pm

Id have to agree. cant see Kubica coming back to F1.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:13 pm

Well, I wouldn't rule it out entirely, but it looks like he might be out for one or two more seasons. The good thing is that time is still on his side, being only 27.

Robert Kubica underwent yet another surgery late in May that should now permit the Pole to operate the steering wheel of a car a bit easier.

The 27-year-old driver has been recuperating from the severe injuries he suffered after he crashed his rally car in February last year and has gone under the knife several times since then.

In the latest operation at the Pederzoli hospital, Kubica has had two prosthetics fitted to certain regions of his elbow after the driver was found unable to steer a Formula 1 car well.

"This way the driver will be able to fully handle the steering wheel, while before he was unable to rotate the palm down, so he was forced to release the steering wheel in order to turn left," head surgeon Ruggero Testoni was quoted saying by Autosport.

"The surgery was preceded by a series of tests in an F1 car simulator. It will take at least one month in order to stabilize," he added.

F1 Pulse: latest surgery to allow Kubica to steer car

Its one thing driving a simulator, but I would have thought he will need to spend quite a bit of time just regaining the full use of his hand, letting the prosthetics settle and getting his full strength and movement back, before he even tests a F1 car again. On the upside, he can still have a second career in F1, even starting at 28 or 29.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:39 pm

Thanks DW. I was looking for a more detailed update regarding Kubica. I guess it is positive news and there is progress being made, however the timeline does appear to be long and I can't see him returning to F1 until at least 2014.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:00 pm

I didnt realise he'd had prosthetic surgery. Still, i cant see him coming back.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:11 pm

Well, given another year or two, I think he'd be physically able to, but a lot would depend on his state of mind...whether he still wanted to race in F1, not to mention the driver situation.

If Roman and Kimi continue to do well for Lotus, I would imagine they would be reluctant to ditch either. Red Bull and Ferrari are likely to have their replacements for Webber and Massa in place by the time Robert is able to drive a F1 car.

I think those things will have more of a bearing than his physical condition.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:45 pm

2014 looks the earliest opportunity for a return and you can't say that there won't be a seat available at a top team at that time or something that is attractive to Robert. Kimi's only got a two year contract I believe and I can't see him staying in F1 for too long if Lotus aren't a title winning team. Webber will be retired and also with new rules & regs coming into effect, it is by no means accepted that the likes of Ferrari, McLaren & Red Bull will still be top dogs.

Anything can happen in F1 and it usually does whether it be on or off track. I sincerely hope Kubica can return because an 80/85% Kubica is probably superior to 3/4 of the field if we're honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down