The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And I thought some people on here were bad.....

+10
Adam D
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
The Galveston Giant
Imperial Ghosty
Rowley
HumanWindmill
School Project
ShahenshahG
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
14 posters

Go down

And I thought some people on here were bad..... Empty And I thought some people on here were bad.....

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 11:46

Check out this article on Pacquiao and Mayweather and the comments below it.

I haven't ever seen stuff written like this until Manny came along.

http://www.nowboxing.com/2012/01/manny-pacquiao-isnt-ducking-floyd-mayweather-is-the-one-bluffing/22751/comment-page-1/#comment-53697
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

And I thought some people on here were bad..... Empty Re: And I thought some people on here were bad.....

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 11:52

Haha - youve lived a sheltered life - we get a couple of the jubblies and everyone mocks them till they run away - other sites seem to encourage it - rather strange.

Raabid Tyson fans were much the same and are the same even now.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

And I thought some people on here were bad..... Empty Re: And I thought some people on here were bad.....

Post by School Project Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 12:26

That site seems no better than that garbage on Boxing News 24. Especially that Scott Gilford fool.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 12:30

Serves to remind us just what a great place this is, doesn't it?

We may see the occasional punch up and skirmish here but, on the whole, we all get along pretty well and are able to enjoy civilised and polite debate.

Long may it continue, and long may the other lot and their ilk get it hopelessly wrong.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 12:36

The thing is Windy, we do like a good debate... others (like that one chump from last week who just trolled for a few hours) come on here to start an argument and they will generally leave becaue they picked an argument with people who understand the sport.

It's just a shame we still have some who have a dig and hide behind a wall of text. Ho hum...

Regarding that website though: As I said in my Mayweather v Pacquaio thread though, the build up to the fight has shown some true colours/agendas from some boxing fans and reading the disgusting comments on the Ring and other Forums. That's why I'd be glad to see the back of the build up, otherwise these goofs are forever going to be throwing insults.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 12:38

Its why we accused of snobbery. New users who come to debate - even if its not in too civil a manner - if they know their stuff then it works ok with the occasional punch up. If they dont know much they are mocked into the ground and retire to Mannysteries to live lives as reclusive monks.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 12:41

ShahenshahG wrote:Its why we accused of snobbery. New users who come to debate - even if its not in too civil a manner - if they know their stuff then it works ok with the occasional punch up. If they dont know much they are mocked into the ground and retire to Mannysteries to live lives as reclusive monks.

Makes me wonder how D4 survived for so long really?

Now he's trudging the Boxing board of Not606 on his own...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 12:51

What the hell “your mum” stupid aswad” No wonder why floyd fans are brain dead. they don’t have common sense.
How many times floyd lie. it is recorded in youtube.This writer is 100% correct. intelegent people won’t buy floyd antics.
golden boy and richard schaeffer?? PWEEE!

YOUR MUM! your uncle roger! pApa FLOYD! OR FFFLOYD!

I have absolutely no idea what any of the above means but I am not letting that stop it being my favourite comment on any boxing board ever.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 12:53

Has anyone seen the butchery of the hounds of baskerville? I think that guy has been subjected to some cia testing in that facility Rowley. Also I think he meant to say Asswad - unless he randomly insulted a reagge artist.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:09

Aswad... I will always remember them for that rogue caller on the CBBC calling them a nasty term for a ladies lala.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:19

School Project wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Its why we accused of snobbery. New users who come to debate - even if its not in too civil a manner - if they know their stuff then it works ok with the occasional punch up. If they dont know much they are mocked into the ground and retire to Mannysteries to live lives as reclusive monks.

We all have particular boxers we love and hate but he took it to such an extreme level that I can't understand why? I can be overly harsh on Wladimir Klitschko or Roy Jones at times but don't constantly talk about them, come strange people about.

That guy from last week was an interesting one, slams for Rowley for posting an interesting article, accuses him of doing something that had been done before then promptly posts about Mayweather being a disgrace to boxing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:21

I must have missed the guy from last week, what was his name? Did his stuff get deleted?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:28

The Galveston Giant wrote:I must have missed the guy from last week, what was his name? Did his stuff get deleted?

Golaboy or something... he was a nasty piece of work. I didn't see what he said about the "Jewish Boxers" thread as I read it after he "contributed". But his argument about Floyd Mayweather was funny:

When challenged around his perception that Mayweathers prison sentence damages boxing as a whole, he turned around and pretty much said we all approved the assault of women, when in fact, all people had said were worse things have happened and as a sport, boxing isn't ever affected.

He couldn't see any reasoning or debate in a constructive manner.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:32

Laugh Yeah i definately missed him, i had read Rowleys thread when it was out too i must have been too late.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:34

Golbaboy - or yob a blog backwards. Maybe he got more than he bargained for. GG his stuff was deleted but you might find his stuff somewhere, i think it was called Khan and mayweather are a disgrace to boxing. Some of the more offensive stuff was deleted. But basically what happened is - he disparaged rowleys excellent thread on the jewish boxers (related to a book he was reading at the time), created his own thread and proceeded to respond aggresively to any points of view other than his.

You people condone domestic violence and are sexist blah blah blah. Also something rude/tasteless/unflattering about Khan - who when compared to some of the boxers we've had , like Monzon, Tyson etc seems to be a cherub.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:37

Remember Belfast Josh / Josh Smith, fellas?

That was Golbaboy.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:39

ShahenshahG wrote:Golbaboy - or yob a blog backwards. Maybe he got more than he bargained for. GG his stuff was deleted but you might find his stuff somewhere, i think it was called Khan and mayweather are a disgrace to boxing. Some of the more offensive stuff was deleted. But basically what happened is - he disparaged rowleys excellent thread on the jewish boxers (related to a book he was reading at the time), created his own thread and proceeded to respond aggresively to any points of view other than his.

You people condone domestic violence and are sexist blah blah blah. Also something rude/tasteless/unflattering about Khan - who when compared to some of the boxers we've had , like Monzon, Tyson etc seems to be a cherub.

Uneducated fools should not try to take me on Shah, felt somewhat sorry for the lad but you can never be too harsh on idiocy.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:39

Is he the one who thought Collins would beat Hagler or Jones to a pulp?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:40

I think he's been wiped completely Shah can't find his account, seemed like a real live wire. It's scary to think that some forums are full of that sort of thing such as Now Boxing.

Ah i remember Josh Smith Windy.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:42

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
School Project wrote:

We all have particular boxers we love and hate but he took it to such an extreme level that I can't understand why? I can be overly harsh on Wladimir Klitschko or Roy Jones at times but don't constantly talk about them, come strange people about.

That guy from last week was an interesting one, slams for Rowley for posting an interesting article, accuses him of doing something that had been done before then promptly posts about Mayweather being a disgrace to boxing.

I was speaking to Balti about him the other week, he came up with an interesting theory that D4 was from the Phillipines - hence his fanatical love for Pacquaio and poor English.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:44

ShahenshahG wrote:Is he the one who thought Collins would beat Hagler or Jones to a pulp?

I would have loved to have seen those topics. When was this Irish fella about?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:45

Also had a lot of love for Donaire as well and for someone who knew little about the sports history had a surprisingly keen interest in Villa and Flores too.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:49

BBC days I think. Or maybe on here, I remember it was a calzaghe thread - and Calzaghe was put in with fantasy matchups.

Calzaghe vs, Eubank,Benn,Toney,Jones Jr, Collins, Hopkins peak for peak. Consensus said Calzaghe loses to Toney/Jones and wins against the rest. I think this was after the kessler fight but i'm not certain - maybe windy can confirm.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:51

Thought you might, GG.

Eastside Boxing is the website which puzzles me. There's an awful lot of good, solid information at that site, but the manner in which the members speak to each other is pretty disgusting, much of the time.

Too much testosterone, I reckon.

Some of you will know that Clay Moyle, author of the definitive Sam Langford biography ( see jeff ( rowley's ) review in the 'Vault', ) is a member here. Clay, as author and historian, has certainly done the rounds as far as boxing websites go and he remarked to me a couple of months ago that he loves this place because it is so civilised and centred on boxing.

Coming from him, that is an enormous compliment to you, the members, and also to the Founders who had a philosophy for this forum and have resolutely stuck to it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 13:53

I take it no one has seen boxing news 24?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 14:20

It's great to have such members here Windy.

You're right about Eastside, you seem to have to fight your way around but there's a lot to be learned.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 14:27

There certainly is, mate.

I occasionally use it for reference but nothing on Earth could persuade me to sign up over there.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 15:32

I see our dear friend D4 has learned his lesson...All his stuff on not606 is fair minded from what I can see....

Like when he came back with that throwaway Glenn mcrory article he's testing the surroundings before he jumps in...

The kid never had the subtlety did he!!!

Lacked eloquence....If he'd stuck in subtle treasures as "Lennox is canadian"

He'd probably still be here..

In fairness though he always stuck up for himself..

Unlike some of the brown nosers on here...

But fairplay it's a top quality site...great admins and great writers..all belonging to a great Country

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:03

ShahenshahG wrote:. But basically what happened is - he disparaged rowleys excellent thread on the jewish boxers (related to a book he was reading at the time), created his own thread and proceeded to respond aggresively to any points of view other than his.

Pity I missed that, was genuinely no agenda on my part, saw the list in a book and thought it was interesting, the book I am currently predominantly about black fighters who didn't get title shots, if a list of jewish fighters upset him dread to think of the reaction to any thread my current reading may inspire.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:06

rowley wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:. But basically what happened is - he disparaged rowleys excellent thread on the jewish boxers (related to a book he was reading at the time), created his own thread and proceeded to respond aggresively to any points of view other than his.

Pity I missed that, was genuinely no agenda on my part, saw the list in a book and thought it was interesting, the book I am currently predominantly about black fighters who didn't get title shots, if a list of jewish fighters upset him dread to think of the reaction to any thread my current reading may inspire.

Mein Kampf?

Evening by the way Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:39

rowley wrote:

What book is that Rowley?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:42

It's called uncrowned champions by JJ Johnston and DS Cogswell, is a bit tricky to get over here Ghosty, I had to get a friend in the states to order it for me and send it over, but it is worth the effort, is biographies of ten fighters who never won world titles but a lot of stories beside that, black fighters contributions to the war effort etc. Am just over half way through it and am loving it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:47

Read a review of it on boxrec I think Rowley, imagine it concentrates on the BMR a fair bit, do need to get myself some books when I have some time.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:52

It does mate the last four biographies are Williams, Marshall, Burley and Bivins, that is the good thing about the book for me, there are some guys in there like Burley, Langford and Jackson who there are very decent biographies available of but there are also chapters on the likes of Mike Gibbons and George Godfrey who info on is a little harder to come by.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:57

You know my fascination with the BMR, will be on my wishlist as soon as possible.

I thought Mike Gibbons was a world champion?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 19:08

Imperial Ghosty wrote:

I thought Mike Gibbons was a world champion?

Think it is a bit debatable, think in the wake of Ketchel being murdered there were any number of fighters who laid claim to the title and think Gibbons was just one of them, so guess it depends how you view those claims.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 19:09

Can I ask what BMR is please?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 19:13

Black Murderers Row Adam was a name given to a bunch of black fighters in the 30s and 40s who didn't get title shots despite being terrifically gifted fighters

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 19:14

Black Murderers Row Adam, the elite fighters of the 1940's and 1950's none of whom got world title shots, Ezzard Charles and Archie Moore would be included but did finally win titles years after they should have done.

Charley Burley, Cocoa Kid, Holman Williams, Lloyd Marshall, Jack Chase, Elmer Ray, Eddie Booker, Aaron Wade and Bert Lytell, a fascinating era of the sport.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 19:29

Thanks guys - might check out some of those myself. Any suggestions on something for the lamen like myself?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 19:31

http://charleyburley.com/

Adam the above link is as good a place as anywhere to start features biographies of most of the BMR and the little footage that remains of Burley in action.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 20:11

To be honest I used to post a lot more on boxingscene but that place has just got out of hand with the pac & mayweather stuff and it's becoming more of a place for trolls and less a place for people to actually discuss boxing.

I came back on here and was pleasantly surprised to see how people actually debate boxing; rather than insult the other person who doesn't agree with their views.

Long live 606v2 and its boxing debates. A refreshing change.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 20:16

Got to agree SS, I had a brief spell on east side and whilst being called a punk or having someone threaten to bust a cap in my behind is initially amusing it does not take too long to get tired.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 20:24

It is pretty amusing at first Rowley but like you said it's get tiring after a while.

I mean boxing scene does have some good posters (Chad Dawson's trainer posts on there occasionally and is pretty insightful) but you get too many idiots starting pathetic threads that you just can't be bothered to respond to.

I'm pretty sure D4 is still on there as well but he's not as bad as he was on the old 606 site but he has his moments.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 20:59

Yeah the guys here know there stuff and you are able to have civilised conversations, I start reading comments on other sites and I just see people who are clearly uneducated on the sport and are complete muppets, I can't take many other sites seriously nowadays after being part of this on here.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 16:19

I'm not familiar with Nowboxing but it doesn't look upto much. Have been using forums since 2003 and seen some vanish and posted on most. 606v2 reminds me alot of BoxingBanter, in its heyday, interms of numbers and the way its run; on similar principles. 606v2 is a credit to boxing forums.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 16:41

rowley wrote:Got to agree SS, I had a brief spell on east side and whilst being called a punk or having someone threaten to bust a cap in my behind is initially amusing it does not take too long to get tired.

I know what your mean. I was on boxing forum a while back and just after Froch picked up his WBC title against Pascal, Taylor was his mandatory and I posted an article saying if this fight happens, I think it will be Froch fooray into the limelight and could possibly outwork and stop Taylor late. As it was an American site, I was bombarded with abuse that I didnt have a clue, Froch is a not mark, Taylor KO him early etc. Taylor then opted to face Lacy, I then said he ducked Froch to take an easier fight against a shot Lacy. I then got bombarded saying Lacy is NOT shot and Lacy would spank Froch. To be honest there wasnt much debate but a year later they fought and Froch stopped him late, I went back on the fourm an gloated haha and none of the main instigators even bothered replying. Although a few members thought it was funny that some of the self proclaimed 'experts' got the fight so wrong. Oh and Lacy's record including the Taylor fight

Jermain Taylor L UD 12
Otis Griffin W MD 12
Roy Jones L TKO 10
Dhafir Smith L UD 12

Not shot at all

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 16:57

Hi Soldier, I think I remember you from that forum. I didn't use it much, just to post my downloads and take part in their Prediction League. The thing with that place was that the admin and mods were often worse than the members. There were constant power struggles there.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 17:14

WelshDevilRob wrote:Hi Soldier, I think I remember you from that forum. I didn't use it much, just to post my downloads and take part in their Prediction League. The thing with that place was that the admin and mods were often worse than the members. There were constant power struggles there.

Haha yer you posted in that one Rob.

http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-forum-general-discussion/6279-taylor-v-froch.html

Have a scan through and look at dross some people were putting. think your the only one who seen it from my point of view !

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 17:55

Hi mate, Im on my old Nokia phone so not able to view that site as eating up too much memory. But will have a look tomorrow when on PC and take a trip down memory lane. Smile

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down