The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff

+4
Mad for Chelsea
JDizzle
Fists of Fury
Gregers
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff Empty Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff

Post by Gregers Sun 15 Jan 2012, 1:34 pm

3rd Placed Play Off:

Kings XI Punjab vs Pune Warriors (No tactics yet)

THE FINAL

Channai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils - Toss won by Delhi Daredevils

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff Empty Re: Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 15 Jan 2012, 1:44 pm

Not too fussed about this toss actually, hard to know what a good score would be on such a pitch, and have got some decent chasers.

KXI vs Punjab taking even longer than us to get the tactics in haha, me and Sainty are...we....saints!!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff Empty Re: Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:17 pm

Laugh

I opted to chase last time and got panned for it in the voting, and with the restructuring of my order, I thought I may as well go for it, seeing as it's the final.

Didn't imagine being in the top 4 let alone the top two so am happy regardless.

Think we're quite well matched in this one though, Fists.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:19 pm

I'm Welsh. I've had enough of losing in semi finals (controversially Wink ) for the year!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2012, 3:37 pm

the final looks to be very intresting prosepct, i will vote as soon as the 3rd placed play off tactics are up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 15 Jan 2012, 3:42 pm

JD Laugh don't blame you, mate!

Yeah very close one this Saint, a game I'd love to see in real life!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2012, 3:55 pm

i never said it was gonna be close i just said it was gonna be intresting Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 15 Jan 2012, 4:02 pm

I think for the final we've got the game of the tournament which is great Very Happy

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 3:02 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i never said it was gonna be close i just said it was gonna be intresting Whistle

Subtle...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 16 Jan 2012, 3:12 pm

I think DD's top order will be blown away by [insert random bowler here] Whistle

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 16 Jan 2012, 3:14 pm

Laugh obviously, Mike Hussey's booming inswingers would easily blow them away.

Don't forget Raina being blown away, too! One of the best T20 batsmen around yet I don't think he has scored a run in this whole IPL fantasy league Laugh

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 3:43 pm

MFC with my pet hate of the tournament... Coupled with Mahela Jayawardene taking easy wickets in my first game against Kochi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 3:59 pm

Sainty wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:i never said it was gonna be close i just said it was gonna be intresting Whistle

Subtle...

not everything is about your team sainty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 4:00 pm

Lighten up haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 4:12 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Laugh obviously, Mike Hussey's booming inswingers would easily blow them away.

Don't forget Raina being blown away, too! One of the best T20 batsmen around yet I don't think he has scored a run in this whole IPL fantasy league Laugh

OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 16 Jan 2012, 5:08 pm

Sainty wrote:MFC with my pet hate of the tournament... Coupled with Mahela Jayawardene taking easy wickets in my first game against Kochi!

Don't blame me, that was the other bloke. Wink

(I'm pretty sure I didn't use Mahela as a bowler - I looked at his average and economy rates, and then looked at how much bowling he'd actually done Whistle )
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 17 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

Delhi win thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:51 pm

Shanky, explain why, please.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:44 am

Yeah... An explanation please Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm

i will vote on this game, as mfc put his tactics up for 3rd place play off game, like doing all the votes together Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:09 pm

No worries, cf, no rush mate.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

bump just in case mfc is around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:02 am

Could we not just start with the voting for the final??

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:06 am

Yeah don't see why we can't start on the final.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:06 pm

Month long rain delays...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2012, 3:09 pm

im waiting till all tactics are up, like i always do, and before someone asks why, its because i like doing them altogether Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2012, 3:16 pm

We'll still be here by April at this rate..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

well we would have been done earlier, had people got their tactics in one time in other rounds as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:09 pm

To be fair those delays were days, we're now talking weeks here...

Surely a decision should be made..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:03 pm

just relax, why the rush?

im waiting for mfc to hand tactics in, i did PM him but still nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 26 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

Right. Official decision

Voting on the Final starts right now! So please all get to it...

If MFC does not have tactics in by Lunchtime tomorrow then Pune will be declared the 3rd place playoff winners

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 1:23 pm

Gregers wrote:Right. Official decision

Voting on the Final starts right now! So please all get to it...

If MFC does not have tactics in by Lunchtime tomorrow then Pune will be declared the 3rd place playoff winners

thumbsup ok mate, will do it later

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 26 Jan 2012, 1:56 pm

Nice one Gregers. Some much needed authoritaaay, in the words of the great Eric Cartman.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:03 pm

Love that I get told to relax, Gregers basically says the same thing and it's fine!

Let battle begin!!

Is Shanky's vote still being counted or is it void until he provides justification?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:06 pm

I don't mind about him justifying it, mate. You can have the win for that one thumbsup

His reasons were always garbage, anyway!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:12 pm

Me and Fists flirting with controversy haha! Love it.

Best of luck to you big man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:15 pm

I'll get my vote in after work Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:18 pm

Sainty wrote:Love that I get told to relax, Gregers basically says the same thing and it's fine!

Let battle begin!!

Is Shanky's vote still being counted or is it void until he provides justification?

because its his league....and of course shanky's vote still counts. Many people in the comp havent offered reason and it still counted

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:45 pm

Shankys vote will count, this will change if the voting finishes 4-4 in the final in which case as he has note given a reason the match will be decided as 4-4 - CSK win by super over.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:47 pm

Ha voting on a super over would be amazing in this one, thinking about it.

Sehwag and Warner batting against Ajmal.

Afridi/Raina and Dhoni batting against Morkel/Arafat.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

That's a better idea actually fists. Next fantasy league the super over will be used all the time!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:53 pm

Yeah I think that'd be a lot of fun!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 3:12 pm

only for a tie though?

if its not a tie, we would vote the normal way wouldnt we....

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 26 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

Yeah only if it is a tie, mate.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 3:26 pm

cool Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 5:17 pm

Chennai vs Delhi: THE FINAL

Theron and Ashwin get chennai off to a flyer only conceding 20 off the first 4 overs. Warner gets frustrated and gets bowled after going for an audacious sweep shot from an ashwin carrom ball. Mcdonald comes in and scores freely off the bowling of southee. Tamim eventually goes after scoring a painfully slow 22 off 28 balls, he just coldnt get going. McDonald and jaffer keep going and reach 75-2 at the halfway stage. McDonald falls and that brings in sehwag..he hits a few lusty blows but falls in the 15th over. Theron and ajmal bowl well at the death and delhi are restricted to 150.

In the chase, morkel keeps hussey quiet by bowling a maiden first over. At the other end aaron gets vijay with his first ball. Dhoni comes in and smashes delhi's bowlers around in the powerplay as chennai reach 50-1 after 6 overs. Mcdonald comes on and bowls well, only going at 4 an over from his spell, however runs flow from the other end, and dhoni bats through to make 65no, badrinath and saha fall, but afridi and dhoni see chennai home in the 19th over

CHENNAI WIN

(will do other game when kings tactics are in)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 26 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

The final CSK vs DD:

Warner and Tamim get off to a flying start in the powerplay, Tamim being lost on the last ball before the fielding restrictions are no longer in place. McDonald knocks the ball around well, but Ajmal's first over sees a collapse as both McDonald and Warner fall. Jaffer tries to continue where McDonald left off, but is quickly removed also. Sehwag decides to meet the fearsome CSK spin attack head on and with a bit of luck, survives the overs of Afridi and Ashwin(just!) though he struggles to find a decent partner, and some fantastic death bowling from Ajmal leaves CSK with a not impossible but very difficult target of 175.

In response, Aaron and Morkel enjoy the bounce on offer with Vijay removed with Hussey and Dhoni restrained. Here I might have been tempted to bowl Aaron through as Dhoni and Hussey make hay against the slightly slower pace of Pathan, though McDonald does manage to remove Hussey in his 3rd over. Dhoni and Raina see off the spin of Gaikwad but Arafat's introduction proves a key moment as he removes both Raina and next in line Saha with toe-crushing yorkers.

Badrinath bats alongside Dhoni until he is removed by Morkel in the 18th over. An inspired Dhoni then takes on Arafat hitting three 4's of his last over, though Arafat gets his revenge by forcing Dhoni into a false shot and the skied catch is taken. It comes down to Morkel vs Afridi and Southee, with 8 runs required. First ball is a dot ball, 2nd a squirmed single from the bat of Afridi. Southee attempts to scurry through for a single but is run out next ball. Ashwin grabs a 4 following a big heave, leaving 3 off 2. Morkel manages a yorker which Ashwin jabs the bat down on and the ball squirts away for a single. With two needed, Morkel sends in a short ball and Afridi hooks it away for a massive 6 giving CSK the victory.

CSK Win

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 7:22 pm

Why the feck would Morkel send in a short ball at the death?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 26 Jan 2012, 7:25 pm

Sainty wrote:Why the feck would Morkel send in a short ball at the death?!?!

He had a mental block.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

Me and the Saff pr*** are going to be having words at training! Wink

Nice write up though mate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next