The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What line up would be the best Super Bowl?

+16
El Capitan
thunder and lightning
Skyforger
TBolt63
Forward Pass
skins4ever
Leedscowboys
sodhat
TM Moot
adams_legend
CFCNick
BamBam
Pr4wn
Thomond
Colan (niner)
mikeygnfl
20 posters

Go down

What would be the best Super Bowl line up?

What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Vote_lcap38%What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 11 ]
What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Vote_lcap38%What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 11 ]
What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Vote_lcap3%What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Vote_lcap21%What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 29

What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Empty What line up would be the best Super Bowl?

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 16 Jan 2012, 7:43 pm

Who would you like to see in the Super Bowl? What match up would be the best? A repeat of the 2008 Super Bowl between the Giants and the Patriots? A battle of the Harbaugh brothers with the Ravens and the 49ers?

I would like to see the 49ers take on the Patriots.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Empty Re: What line up would be the best Super Bowl?

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:29 pm

I want the patriots, in order to show that good D is what wins the big games, to win consecutive games against brees, manning and brady, with alex smith even outperforming some of them would rank up there with the best

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

What line up would be the best Super Bowl? Empty Re: What line up would be the best Super Bowl?

Post by Thomond Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:49 pm

I'm finding it hard to like the Niners. I don't really know why, they are a great time and I like a lot of their players but just don't really like the team. Seeing as I have NY cousins I think I have to go for big Blue. I love the
Ravens so Ravens/Giants game.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

I'm finding it hard not to like the Niners! They remind me a lot of the '02 Bucs. A lot of pressure coming from the front, an opportunistic secondary and a QB who everyone thought was average at best.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

Coming from a completely biased Niners point of view, I went for 49ers-Patriots. We all know what Brady can do, but with our front 7 I think we would have a good chance against their offence, Willis and Bowman might have a chance of slowing down Gronkowski too.

Nothing against the Ravens, but if we are voting on the best Super Bowl matchup then it has to be the best offence and defence left in the playoffs

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

I went for Giants-Patriots. A younger Manning vs Brady showdown in Peyton's house.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:40 am

For entertainment I went with Giants & Pats, 2 good offensives going head to head

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:57 am

For entertainment I went with 49ers & Ravens, 2 good defensives going head to head Wink

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 17 Jan 2012, 11:12 am

I went with the 49ers and the Patriots.

I have a great deal of respect for the 9ers achievements this year, and I am pulling for them to edge out the Giants and take on the Pats. I think it would be very entertaining to see Brady against the 49ers defense, and likewise to see how the Patriots defense shapes up when numbers don't matter any more.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Tue 17 Jan 2012, 11:16 am

Ravens v 49rs Harbaugh v Harbaugh part II, this time it's personal.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

I went with 49ers v Patriots - who wins, Brady or the 49ers D? Was the Saints game the making of Alex Smith or just another flatter to deceive moment?

I guess a rematch of Giants and Pats will be entertaining, but I can't stand the thought of mopey kid Manning having another shot at lifting the Lombardi. Biased, me? thumbsup

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

I voted for 49ers v Ravens , can't beat a good defensive battle

I'm with skins4ever on this nfc east thing
as a cowboys fan do not want Manning lifting the trophy
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by TBolt63 Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:59 pm

The honest truth: I am so heartbroken by the Saints loss to the 49ers that I'm having a hard time mustering enough enthusiasm to care who plays in the Superbowl. steam
TBolt63
TBolt63

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:58 pm

I went for Pats v 49ers.

Always had a soft spot for SF as the first Superbowl I ever watched was San Francisco against the Bengals.

I really thought Baltimore would dominate this year, but Joe Flaccid just hasn't impressed so think the Pats stand the best chance of giving the AFC the win (watch him throw for 500 yeards and destroy NE next week now.)

I'm also torn becasue the missus booked us a holiday so I'll be on a plane for the Superbowl. I didn't see the Pats getting this far, but as they get closer the more miffed I am that I'm not going to get to see it live.

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 17 Jan 2012, 3:45 pm

That's what Sky+ was invented for - so you can pretend you saw it live! Smile

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Tue 17 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

Went for NE v Giants, would love to see a rematch between Eli and Brady with Eli winning a shoot out to prove he is an elite QB as he says.

At the start of this season and ofc before that I hated Eli with a passion, mostly because he was Peyton's little bro who I still do hate with a passion. But as the season has gone on I've found myself rooting for him to succeed to prove a lot of the 'experts' wrong. It also didn't hurt that I had him in most of my fantasy teams and he came good most of the time.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by El Capitan Tue 17 Jan 2012, 4:41 pm

Pats v Giants would be lovely

El Capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:45 pm

Being a Giants fan.........
revenge over the Ravens (SB XXXV) would be nice but I think the Patriots would be a better game to watch
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu 19 Jan 2012, 9:41 am

I've gone for the Pats - Giants Revenge bowl.

I think the Pats stand more chance of winning against the 49ers, but the chance for revenge against Eli is what tips it for me.

If a win came against them it would taste so much sweeter.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:58 pm

Ravens vs 49ers. Might not be a high scoring game but interesting to see how the teams have changed since they met on Thanksgiving.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 20 Jan 2012, 4:37 pm

Being a Cards fan, I hate the 9ers, but I also hate the Giants, Ravens, and Patriots. So, I guess with the 9ers being fellow NFC West, I'll go for them and Patriots in the Super Bowl -- Defense versus Offense.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down