The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mats takes a sickie

+7
legendkillar
sportslover
Jahu
Jeremy_Kyle
bogbrush
djlovesyou
newballs
11 posters

Go down

Mats takes a sickie Empty Mats takes a sickie

Post by newballs Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:23 am

Did anyone else catch Game Set & Mats last night and did they find it equally strange? Mats was there in image form only (well, at least during the ad breaks and the closing credits as I missed the start).

In his absence Annabelle C. looked like a fish out of water as anchor with the usual walkabout antics of Barbara Schett adding some light relief. She probably should have stayed out in the sun too as it then went from bad to worse. Firstly, a less than riveting interview she did with Tommy Haas followed by an even less enjoyable discussion between her and Ms. Croft as to what she had already previously said.

Continuity wasn’t much of a concern as thereabouts followed the bizarre ramblings of an insomniac junkie looking for drugs in Melbourne at 5a.m. in a segment called Tipsy Time. This turned out to be none other than Janko Tipsarevic who obviously had nothing better to do than bother the tournament director at some ungodly hour in need of a fix.

By now hopes of Mats making a guest appearance on his own show were fading fast and with it any sense of where the show was heading. Annabelle then advised viewers late to the show that Mats wasn’t well and hoped he’d get better soon. For the sake of the show and her rapidly vanishing credibility as well one imagines.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Mats takes a sickie Empty Re: Mats takes a sickie

Post by djlovesyou Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:11 am

I saw it this evening and didn't bat an eyelid.

Every 'Game, set and Mats' is like that, with or without Mats Wilander.

I'm presuming you don't like Annabelle too much then? Or was it the sheer audacity of having two women talking about men's tennis?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Tue 17 Jan 2012, 8:46 am

dj I like Annabelle quite a lot actually!

It just seemed rather hurriedly put together as obviously they'd thrown Barbara Schett into the studio at the last minute. Nothing wrong with the two of them discussing tennis - after all that's what the show is about - but the whole show seemed to jump from one story to the next with little or no continuity.

Yes, I actually enjoy watching the show and hope they are back to their usual form soon.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 17 Jan 2012, 10:25 am

Mats set the bar in terms of rambling, incoherent interviews and random opinions.

Annabel is a trier, but she is way to consistent in her opinions to match the great man. Anyway, her main aim in any tournament is to do an interview in Rogers dressing room without the camera, so this is just a means to and end for her.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue 17 Jan 2012, 11:12 am

Why., Mats is great, entertaining and knowledgeable. Yes he sometimes looks as if he is a bit laidback and casual, but who cares? A miles away from all the others Eurosport and Sky crew except Fleming.

Go,Mats!!
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:15 pm

Barbara last night was HOT!! randy

Mats is good, he can get all over the place sometimes, but entertaining.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:55 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:Why., Mats is great, entertaining and knowledgeable. Yes he sometimes looks as if he is a bit laidback and casual, but who cares? A miles away from all the others Eurosport and Sky crew except Fleming.

Go,Mats!!

Mats is rubbish and his side kick Croft is even rubbisher!!

But with a user name like yours would you honestly know what a "Quality TV Show" looked like Laugh

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

I would actually like Mats if his voice didn't have the pace and tone of a re-tarded sloth!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:45 pm

sportslover wrote:
Jeremy_Kyle wrote:Why., Mats is great, entertaining and knowledgeable. Yes he sometimes looks as if he is a bit laidback and casual, but who cares? A miles away from all the others Eurosport and Sky crew except Fleming.

Go,Mats!!

Mats is rubbish and his side kick Croft is even rubbisher!!

But with a user name like yours would you honestly know what a "Quality TV Show" looked like Laugh

BOO: how many times do I have to tell you that you need to say 1 positive thing a day, it will help immensely to recover from your Murray delusional dream!
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:31 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:BOO: how many times do I have to tell you that you need to say 1 positive thing a day, it will help immensely to recover from your Murray delusional dream!

clap
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 17 Jan 2012, 4:00 pm

I love "Game Set and Mats"! Its so bad its good. Even the title is amazing.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Tue 17 Jan 2012, 6:40 pm

I read he fell and lacerated one of his kidneys. Shocked Ouch! Hope he recovers soon.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey Tue 17 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

Did he fall on a razor blade ?

AC is a hottie, and dont nobody say she aint never so good lookin', you trouts!

I'd take Wilander out for a beer and ask "Do you want a beer Mat?"

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Tue 17 Jan 2012, 11:45 pm

carrieg4 certainly when he will re-appear (or whether indeed he's actually too incapacitated) remains unclear. Let's hope he gets better soon.

For the discerning viewer AC looked much more comfortable in her anchoring role today. Who knows maybe this will be the start of a formidable Croft/Schett double-act. It definitely went better than the previous transmission. Even Tipsy was more coherent with his interesting observations into the Djokovic cult.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down