The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Paterson to say Scotland farewell at Murrayfield

3 posters

Go down

Chris Paterson to say Scotland farewell at Murrayfield Empty Chris Paterson to say Scotland farewell at Murrayfield

Post by KickAndChase Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:27 pm

YAYYYY! Very Happy

Chris Paterson to say Scotland farewell at Murrayfield

Scottish fans will get the chance to say goodbye to record points scorer Chris Paterson prior to their opening Six Nations match against England.

Paterson, who announced his retirement from international rugby in December, will present the match ball ahead of kick-off at Murrayfield on 4 February.

The Borderer won a record 109 caps, scoring 809 points, over 12 years.

His last cap came in Scotland's defeat by England at the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand in October.

Paterson, who made his Scotland debut against Spain at Murrayfield during the 1999 World Cup, was made an MBE in the New Year's honours list.

"I've always treasured the support I've had throughout my career," said Paterson.

"I've spoken about getting goose-bumps with some of the cheers I've had at Murrayfield and the response I've had from Scotland fans since I announced my retirement has been almost overwhelming.

"I'll be at Murrayfield for the Calcutta Cup game, firstly as a Scotland supporter, and secondly to say thanks."

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Chris Paterson to say Scotland farewell at Murrayfield Empty Re: Chris Paterson to say Scotland farewell at Murrayfield

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:53 pm

This I like clap

Back to top Go down

Chris Paterson to say Scotland farewell at Murrayfield Empty Re: Chris Paterson to say Scotland farewell at Murrayfield

Post by RDW Wed 18 Jan 2012, 1:35 pm

Yahoo

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 18 Jan 2012, 1:51 pm

notworthy to Mossy

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down