The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price - John McDermott - Predictions - Sky Sports 1 - Saturday

+31
Knowsit17
All Time Great
compelling and rich
ShahenshahG
Pound-for-Pound
djlovesyou
KingMonkey
hogey
The Galveston Giant
Imperial Ghosty
Adam D
TRUSSMAN66
WelshDevilRob
johnson2
Rowley
BoxingFan88
manos de piedra
88Chris05
Soldier_Of_Fortune
oxring
Lance
milkyboy
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
tobbox
inman124
hampo17
Union Cane
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
azania
AlexHuckerby
35 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

David Price - John McDermott - Predictions - Sky Sports 1 - Saturday - Page 2 Empty David Price - John McDermott - Predictions - Sky Sports 1 - Saturday

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:12 am

First topic message reminder :

So how we see it? Also what will it tell us about Price? McDermott recently dispatched a hype job in Olumbiwo (Spelling will be incorrect) could he do the same to Price? This is the first time he's been in with a genuinely decent fighter.

I have liked Price so far, seems good on his feet for such a big guy, has a very nice jab, clearly bangs with that straight right hand. (See Tom Dallas and the American chap before him) Fury beat McDermott rather unconvincindly once and then beat him a second time by knocking himout so how will his performance fair in regards to Fury's?

Thoughts?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

David Price - John McDermott - Predictions - Sky Sports 1 - Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: David Price - John McDermott - Predictions - Sky Sports 1 - Saturday

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:49 am

In fairness........the heavy division is so devoid of talent...you're probably better off fighting at domestic level to get decent opposition..

Apart from the titlists...What talent is there??????????????..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

David Price - John McDermott - Predictions - Sky Sports 1 - Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: David Price - John McDermott - Predictions - Sky Sports 1 - Saturday

Post by hogey Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:58 am

Price to win inside of 4 rounds, i like big John he is a nice fella but i have a feeling Price could turn out to be the real deal and will have far too much for him.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 am

I desperately want to see a decent overhand right land on Price's chin, that's all I ask of this fight. I was at the McDermott Fury II fight and it was stupidly hot in there but I loved Big John's attitude. That said, he is woefully short of talent compared to Price. If Price boxes well and handles the anticipated early onslaught he should cruise this, I just hope he is tested more than in his recent outings.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:26 am

at 6'8 he's definitely a step above most heavyweights... new lennox lewis though oxy? That's some statement

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:Although this wouldn't be of huge interest to me i've been starved of boxing for many weeks now. I've only seen Price as an amatuer but have seen plenty of McDermott especially early on in his career, live also. He cannot be doing sit-ups which is shocking even for a Heavyweight. I was so glad when he lost to Popov as i was sick of the hype, it was clear to everyone he wasn't going far in that kind of shape.

Why don't you think he's been doing sit-ups?

I reckon Price will knock him out early. I'm still firmly riding the Price bandwagon, so to speak.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:27 am

Mcdermott just weighed in at 271! I think he might be in big trouble.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:50 am

Pound-for-Pound wrote:Mcdermott just weighed in at 271! I think he might be in big trouble.

He'll need the extra size...extra weight will allow him to...he'll absorb the punches better...his mobility...his workrate...

Yep. I'd struggle to defend that. What a fool. I know the date of the fight has changed a few times - but he must realise that this is a crossroads fight for him, surely? So merits a little more dedication?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:30 am

djlovesyou wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Although this wouldn't be of huge interest to me i've been starved of boxing for many weeks now. I've only seen Price as an amatuer but have seen plenty of McDermott especially early on in his career, live also. He cannot be doing sit-ups which is shocking even for a Heavyweight. I was so glad when he lost to Popov as i was sick of the hype, it was clear to everyone he wasn't going far in that kind of shape.

I reckon Price will knock him out early. I'm still firmly riding the Price bandwagon, so to speak.

You cannot do proper sit-ups with such a gut so there would be no point trying. He would also end up losing a few pounds if he did.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:08 am

271, so much for the taking it serious approach by John. He's a disgrace in my eyes and it's a shame he couldn't get down to 230-240 throughout his career as he would be a real handful for chisora, fury etc and could have gone further. You don't see any other sportsmen in any sport looking like he does

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:20 am

271 pounds when utilised effectively can be dangerous.

You can hire 5 underage hitmen.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:28 am

Can't help but think John is going to try and get close and maybe lean on Price taking away his jab and straight right hand, while at the same time putting a fair bit of the 271lbs on Prices chest. If that's not his game plan and he intends to try box on the outside, trying to match Price for speed then he'll get destroyed and we'll hear him use the extra weight as an excuse.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:35 am

Cant argue with that. Will probably Try to total price. This is why having a percieved weak chin is occasionally an advantage - half your opponents just come in trying to deck you - neglecting common sense and other fundamentals.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:00 am

Price showed his class there, McDermott doesn't get stopped early and the uppercut for the first knockdown was a very classy shot. Price should good finishing instincts as well.

I'd back him to beat Fury as well.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:00 am

Well that was a bit of a let down, however fairplay to Price that was a big statement of how good he is.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:07 am

At least McDermott got himself in shape for it. laughing

Price says if Fury doesn't fight him he'll be seen as a coward.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:10 am

Sums mcdermott up then in his dressing room there was loads of beer cans. He wasnt intrested in there first shot he went down. Was happy to collect his pay check

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:28 am

A total disgrace by McDermott. How can someone be so out of shape be allowed to represent the sport of boxing?

There needs to be a rule to be implemented over a heavyweights body fat coming into a fight, because that was just dangerous.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:59 am

I said it earlier - this is a crossroads fight for John. He's now lost - what - 5 of his last 6? This one a 1 round blowout?

Price looked fit and classy - with a nice range of punches. This was supposed to be a step up - however - it wasn't.

In part - because Price is class. Sadly, in part because McDermott couldn't be bothered to turn up in anything resembling shape.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 am

McDermott could play The Blob in that kind of shape, shame he's not as absorbant on his chin.

Any man happy to pick up a cheque for getting beaten to a pulp should apply as a common punchbag instead of disgracing the name of boxing in the ring. Utterly shameful by McDermott.

Not to take anything away from Price, couldn't have asked any more of him, just wish the fans didn't have to pay good money to watch a fatso fight to fulfill his own personal ambition of lasting three minutes against a man who actually takes the sport seriously.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Pathetic performance from McDermott.

From what should have been a solid test for Price, turned out more to be heavy bag practice. In fact, a heavy bag could probably have done better than McDermott.

Fair play to Price though, he looked very fluid and impressive. He now needs to start fighting more frequently and raising his level of opposition.

He's the closest thing the HW division has to a 3rd Klitschko.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Think he looked excellent - always take his time and picks his shots. Unfortunately his opponent robbed him of a semi decent test by coming in looking like a bouncy castle. Think he should try and beat up fury next - might be a little tough but it would give a good indication as to where his level is and also raise his profile.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:54 pm

any clips, missed the fight, Predicted Price TKO 7-9, shocked by how early it was

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Mcdermott weighed in at 271 - daft sod. Won't be any clips I should think - might have to wait a couple days.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:35 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:

You cannot do proper sit-ups with such a gut so there would be no point trying. He would also end up losing a few pounds if he did.

sit ups dont do anything to make you lose weight around the mid section.
if he was doing them, and had some muscle under the fat, it'd make him look bigger if anything.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:36 am

djlovesyou wrote:

if he was doing them, and had some muscle under the fat, it'd make him look bigger if anything.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:57 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Mcdermott weighed in at 271 - daft sod. Won't be any clips I should think - might have to wait a couple days.

They were up pretty quick last night, saw it on YouTube when I got back from the pub circa 1130pm.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:59 am

Yeah - but they get removed pretty quick too - once the owners stop watching then its up for a longer time until they run a general sweep after their next fight week. Same pattern always.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:17 am

OasisBFC wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:

Exerting energy = Losing weight, pretty simple.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:17 am

What was Frank Warren talking about, the heavyweight division need's a dominant champion? only Larry Holmes has been more dominant than Wlad. The guys a moron.

Price was good and clearly has a lot of power and finished McDermott off well. What i couldn't believe was that he said he worked hard before the fight? the guy was fat, no two way's about it. Price was in great shape, one of the very few heavyweights you see today who is.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 am

He was talking about BRITAIN needs a domnant heavyweight champion, not just a domninant champion Monty.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2