The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Bisping Wins = Silva vs Bisping in London?

3 posters

Go down

If Bisping Wins = Silva vs Bisping in London? Empty If Bisping Wins = Silva vs Bisping in London?

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 20 Jan 2012, 11:26 am

It would be crazy if a Bisping/Silva match was made and a venue chosen in England!

Although I doubt it would happen as Europe get crappy cards and they know they'll fill an English venue without having to pay Silva big money.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

If Bisping Wins = Silva vs Bisping in London? Empty Re: If Bisping Wins = Silva vs Bisping in London?

Post by easthfc Fri 20 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm

I'm sure it would be considered. The only reason it may not happen is that European events aren't PPV in USA and are therefore are less profitable for UFC.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

If Bisping Wins = Silva vs Bisping in London? Empty Re: If Bisping Wins = Silva vs Bisping in London?

Post by talkingpoint Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:59 pm

it won't happen for two reasons:

1. UK cards are not PPVs
2. All the top fighters make a considerable cut from the PPV sales (I think even contractually) and so you won't get champions fighting on anything less than PPV cards

Would be a dream but it won't happen. Crying or Very sad

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:01 am

It has now pretty much been confirmed that if Chael or Bisping win it'll be in Brazil.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:13 am

easthfc wrote:It has now pretty much been confirmed that if Chael or Bisping win it'll be in Brazil.

It seems like the big Brazilian stars will always fight in Brazil now, can't blame them I guess.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:26 am

Apparently Brazil has taken over Canada as the biggest market for mma

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 23 Jan 2012, 12:36 pm

hmm Brazilian fighters always fighting in Brazil, giving them the home town advantage - not incredibly fair imo but I understand it makes complete sense business wise $$$

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:13 pm

talkingpoint wrote:hmm Brazilian fighters always fighting in Brazil, giving them the home town advantage - not incredibly fair imo but I understand it makes complete sense business wise $$$

I understand but while GSP is fighting most of his big fights now in Canada and the big US stars fight pretty much all of their fights on home soil, the Brazilians can argue this.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 23 Jan 2012, 2:54 pm

fair point about GSP although as the UFC is a US based promotion it's unavoidable that American champions will fight on their on soil.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:03 pm

talkingpoint wrote:fair point about GSP although as the UFC is a US based promotion it's unavoidable that American champions will fight on their on soil.

i admit most fights are US based. It seems that if the UFC keeps expanding, all the bug stars will want their fight son home soil.

The UFC should try and tap into the Dutch market as they love kickboxing and have some good MMA names, Overeem being the obvious one.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down