The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh vs. Toulouse / Northern poster gathering

+6
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
geoff998rugby
Glas a du
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
RuggerRadge2611
10 posters

Go down

Edinburgh vs. Toulouse / Northern poster gathering Empty Edinburgh vs. Toulouse / Northern poster gathering

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:40 am

Well what an amazing day to be an Edinburgh rugby fan, and a Scottish rugby fan. With the Warriors having a real shout of making HC playoffs and Edinburgh welcoming French giants Stade Toulousian to Murrayfield on April.

The Edinburgh players have made no bones about it on Twitter, that the record setting Edinburgh crowd at Murrayfield made a huge difference. Here’s hoping we can do the same for when Toulouse come to town. From the other threads some of our Weagie brothers are more than happy to joiin the Black and Red Army for the day and support Edinburgh when Toulouse come to town.

So lets try and get something organised for this game, there's a fair few of Scottish posters kicking about on 606v2 from all over the country. Down south 606v2 posters have the occasional get together, lets do the same for the fans in the north of the country.

The exact date and time will be confirmed nearer the time but We could meet up in one of the pubs and then go to the game or vice versa. If you are interested wether you are an Edinburgh fan or not post up here and I’ll PM you my Mobile number and we’ll arrange a good bevvy and hopefully watch the Burgh surge past Toulouse into the semi final of the HC.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh vs. Toulouse / Northern poster gathering Empty Re: Edinburgh vs. Toulouse / Northern poster gathering

Post by IanBru Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:00 am

I'm there - flights already booked. Yahoo
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh vs. Toulouse / Northern poster gathering Empty Re: Edinburgh vs. Toulouse / Northern poster gathering

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:24 am

Count me in.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:43 am

Good man Radge, excellent idea. Get hold of Geordie Falcon to see if you can 'borrow'* some Newcastle fans, they seem a decent lot.

(*Not the Burke and Hare idea, you understand)
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

Glas a du wrote:Good man Radge, excellent idea. Get hold of Geordie Falcon to see if you can 'borrow'* some Newcastle fans, they seem a decent lot.

(*Not the Burke and Hare idea, you understand)

This invitation is open to absolutely anyone. Geordie Falcon and any of the newcastle guys would be more than welcome. It must be nice for them to have something to cheer about this season! Run Hug
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Guys how open will Edinburgh be regarding the date ?

The reason I ask is that the 2 Irleand games will be pushing hard for the Saturday as Friday is dry and Easter Sunday would meet with some opposition.

I also think Sarries will be fine with Friday as it is a bank holiday in England.
Would Friday be acceptable to Scotland ?

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 11:05 am

Edinburgh doesn't ever have dry days! Friday it will be busy as any other Friday night but with extra rugby fans and Sunday will still be open for the drinking thumbsup

Ale guinness cider Bubbly vomit

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 23 Jan 2012, 11:27 am

That what I thought - I reckon you will be Friday or Sunday then

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 23 Jan 2012, 2:59 pm

It's not over the Easter weekend is it?? Got a sodding wedding in Essex if it is......catastrophe!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 23 Jan 2012, 2:58 pm

It's not over the Easter weekend is it?? Got a sodding wedding in Essex if it is......catastrophe!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:01 pm

I got married the day Wales got thrashed by New Zealand in 2005. Max Boyce preferred to go the match than come to my wedding Rolling Eyes
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 23 Jan 2012, 4:23 pm

Radge, depending how it fits in with my travel to Paris for the Chief game, I will see if I can get up to Embra for a flying visit OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 23 Jan 2012, 4:29 pm

Just a thought, but if there's a load of us going, would it make sense to get the tickets together? Happy to organise if required OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 4:33 pm

I think it will be sit where you Like AS, normally the seats are not allocated for Edinburgh games however if there is 20000+ perhaps being predicted they'll have ticket allocation.

Dunno about everyone else but I much prefer to stand pitchside! Wink
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 4:34 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Radge, depending how it fits in with my travel to Paris for the Chief game, I will see if I can get up to Embra for a flying visit OK

I should also add it would be great to see you AS Hug
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottish Optimist Tue 24 Jan 2012, 9:00 am

Its in the Scotsman this morning that Edinburgh are requesting the Friday night for the QF. Personally would've preferred the Sunday but can imagine with it being Easter Sunday that the Friday might draw the bigger crowd.

Scottish Optimist

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 24 Jan 2012, 9:57 am

It has to be the Sunday - it's the only day I can make it! I'll get on the phone to Bradley.......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:54 pm

Too far away and just had our first child so running slightly short on 'passes' from Mrs GC Cry
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

Ah, GC, congrats, wonderful news for you both - best thing I've ever done, the nippers OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottish Optimist Tue 24 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:It has to be the Sunday - it's the only day I can make it! I'll get on the phone to Bradley.......

Be sure to tell him that it's the mighty 606v2 users who would prefer the Sunday. That's sure to make them change their mind... After all, coaches always listen to our opinions on first choice players Whistle

Scottish Optimist

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 24 Jan 2012, 1:59 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Ah, GC, congrats, wonderful news for you both - best thing I've ever done, the nippers OK
Thanks ASBO - she thankfully takes after her mother - a beautiful Scottish/Lebanese baby.
She'll like a drink and a good fight, I would think, with that heritage. boxing
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Jan 2012, 2:06 pm

Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:33 pm

Match is on Saturday 7th April. 3pm kick-off.

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/edinburgh-news/4022-date-with-destiny-confirmed

Am furious I can't make it!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:37 pm

Are the Weegies invited too ? boxing
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:39 pm

PS Many congrats GC - might be a good game to anoint the Wee Lassie - or wait until the Robocop Playoffs for the Warriors clap

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 26 Jan 2012, 5:16 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:PS Many congrats GC - might be a good game to anoint the Wee Lassie - or wait until the Robocop Playoffs for the Warriors clap
Thanks all. Incidentally, the first game I took my wife to was the 9-8 win over Australia at Murrayfield.
Obviously, I explained to her that we always beat Australia but let them off with a one point hiding that time. OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 26 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

The first game I took my wife to was Scotland vs Wales at Murrayfield in 2007.

Score at half time: 9-6 to Scotland. Scord at full time: 21-9 to Scotland. A kicking contest between Paterson and Jones. The temperature was 2 degrees. I'd be lying if I said even I wasn't slightly bored at times.

It took an awful lot of persuasion to get her to go to the Ireland game last year.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:52 pm

Good news - SF vs Exe on Thursday evening, so should be able to get up to Embra for this one OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Good news - SF vs Exe on Thursday evening, so should be able to get up to Embra for this one OK

Oh Fantastic! Sounds like this will be an epic encounter!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

thought I should give this a wee bump since it's next week to see who is coming and what the plan is.

I'll be going and will most likely be in the Roseburn Bar, Spiders' Web, The Caledonian Ale house or the Mercat bar from about mid day. Listed the locals to try and get a concensus of where we want to meet up for a pre match pint.

After..... well I guess we can go wherever we want.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

Radge, sadly not coming - cannot find a flight from any sensible airport (Exe, Briz, Southampton) that gets me up and back in a day - v disappointing Sad

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Radge, sadly not coming - cannot find a flight from any sensible airport (Exe, Briz, Southampton) that gets me up and back in a day - v disappointing Sad

Haven't you seen Top Gear? By the time you check in and all the palaver, you'd have driven up. Ex to the Burgh in 8 hours - motorways all the way if you want.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm

That's a pity As, I still hope a lot of the Weagies will be coming through though. I'll certainly be returning the favour of they get a home playoff slot in the Rabo.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 26 Mar 2012, 6:03 pm

Radge,
I fear out play off spot in the Rabo may be in Dublin, Swansea or Limerick !!

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:32 pm

I'm afraid I'm out as well - I'd planned to be on the Isle of Mull for the week leading up to Easter weekend before heading to Edinburgh for the game.

Instead, my sister, brother and his wife are all coming up from London that weekend. We don't really see enough of each other, so I'm 'doing the family thing'. Doesn't mean my brother and I won't sneak to the pub to watch the game though...

I had an interview for a job in Glasgow this morning, so hopefully I'll be able to see some of you lot more regularly at Warriors games. Fingers crossed and all that.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:27 pm

Sounds a great day lads , i'd love to come up with some Falcon's fans but being unemployed and a rugby fan don't go hand in hand
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down