The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
PJHolybloke
Mrs Penfro
eirebilly
Notch
Mick(TEFC)
MBTGOG
Luckless Pedestrian
Ozzy3213
Mickado
littleswannygirl
Pal Joey
Suspicious lurker
PenfroPete
prop_lyd
Hound_of_Harrow
Knowsit17
MrsP
perthshirepuma
Cari
Gibson
Rava
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Cymroglan
WillyGilly
red_stag
Glas a du
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
31 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

This is the first Pub of 606v2's second year, here's hoping for another good one.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Augustin Pichot, David Campese, Mal O'Kelly and Jim Williams above the bar!

clap Laugh Ale Yahoo RedWine cider guinness Erm laughing Bubbly mug cuppa Whisky

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t22310p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#893262

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:41 am

That's a pretty bold plan there Stag, boiled lemonade and whiskey right before bedtime will sort you out.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Mickado Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:42 am

Hopefully he goes back to Ulster. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:44 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all.

Stag, my sister used to advocate hot whisky and peppermint.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:45 am

PJHolybloke wrote:He'll be back at Ulster Notch surely?

Well, the money would be better at Munster is my understanding. But then, Ulster is his home province and he came through the Academy here. But then, he has family from Cork. But then, Ulster are on their way up. But then, Munster are no stranger to success.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:45 am

hughie1986 wrote:Morning folks,

On my point from last night, I'd much prefer to blood you lads in this years six nations get the likes of Zebo Henry Kearney four of five caps each and build a solid foundation to actually have a real bash at NZ this summer, giving lads their first caps against the AllBlacks just gives us another excuse as to why we couldn't beat them again
Hugh, Thanks for coming, like OK

Normally I'd be the first to agree with you, but don't forget that IRB ranking points matter this year until December - from memory on Portnoy's thread, it almost doesn't matter what results Ireland get in NZ this summer cos in ranking terms they are so far apart, you'll not lose any points for having yer backsides handed to you - whereas in the 6Ns, with teams much more relatively close, that is not the case, and ranking points are at risk mug

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:01 am

Notch wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:He'll be back at Ulster Notch surely?

Well, the money would be better at Munster is my understanding. But then, Ulster is his home province and he came through the Academy here. But then, he has family from Cork. But then, Ulster are on their way up. But then, Munster are no stranger to success.

I can see the reason for your tension Notch, but I think the money at Munster would have to be riduculous to tempt him - in an "offer you can't refuse" kind of way - and the way Ulster have performed in the HC shows intent, ambition and plenty of ability. I would say Ulster are firmly in the box seat for his signature. When will his decision be announced, any idea?

Lucky, The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 1401235891 bore da "8 lives" Very Happy .
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:08 am

Just doing some sexual harassment training here.

Sexual harassment is NOT:
“that’s a nice hairstyle, I like the highlights”
Sexual harassment IS:
“that hairstyle makes you look sexy!!”

This is good stuff lads, take note.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:09 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
hughie1986 wrote:Morning folks,

On my point from last night, I'd much prefer to blood you lads in this years six nations get the likes of Zebo Henry Kearney four of five caps each and build a solid foundation to actually have a real bash at NZ this summer, giving lads their first caps against the AllBlacks just gives us another excuse as to why we couldn't beat them again
Hugh, Thanks for coming, like OK

Normally I'd be the first to agree with you, but don't forget that IRB ranking points matter this year until December - from memory on Portnoy's thread, it almost doesn't matter what results Ireland get in NZ this summer cos in ranking terms they are so far apart, you'll not lose any points for having yer backsides handed to you - whereas in the 6Ns, with teams much more relatively close, that is not the case, and ranking points are at risk mug

Oh anytime you know that.

Yeah I suppose when you take that into account I can see some rational, however I would just love to see us beat NZ, couldn't care less about the other results this year I just want a win over them
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:09 am

That's a nice hairstyle you've got there Mickado. Micky Blue Eyes. Big Blue eyes...

Uh, ahem, that is to say... I, er, like the highlights!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:13 am

Mickado, ya shexy beast, loike he look of yer syrup today - how's that?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:13 am

Eh, Notch. My face is up here…. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 3559488474

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:15 am

Sexual harassment training? Is that to improve your ability to sexually harass someone? Strange team-building, that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Sexual harassment training? Is that to improve your ability to sexually harass someone? Strange team-building, that.

Yeah, it's generally just hints and tips on how to not get away with it.

It's actually just harassment in general, not just sexual. And it's madatory for all employees, it's not like I've got a track record here folks.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:18 am

Laugh

I love that idea. "Jesus man, don't slap it like that! You've got to put your whole body into it!"
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:19 am

"You call that a nipple tweak?!"

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:22 am

Morning all, mug mug

30-odd posts left in this pub, so nominations for the wall in the next one please.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:23 am

“Introduce a little variety, don’t just call them boobs, use hooters or melons…”

“…how about jabs?”

“you can’t miss Very Happy

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:27 am

"No, that was too quick. You need to count to ten before you put it away."

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:28 am

Tommy Bowe Pro's and Con's List:

Ulster:
- Chance to join home team
- Calculated gamble: team on the up
- They need wingers

Ulster:
- Able to access Rep of Ireland tax rebate
- Can pay higher wages
- Proven European Quality
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:40 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:"No, that was too quick. You need to count to ten before you put it away."

10? That's ambitious...
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:40 am

I think he should come to the Dragons:

- Guaranteed Amlin Challenge Cup rugby
- Beautiful scenery
- Cari works nearby

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:42 am

Morning pub. I'm at the MadStad for a work 'roadshow' today. In reality this means listening to a load of senior managers telling us what impossible targets they have set for us. Then imploring us to work very hard to achieve these impossible targets (their bonuses are phooked if we don't reach targets).

Been to these things soooo many times.

At least it ends at 3pm.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:55 am

Cant bate de aul harassment days...
"So love, you've lost weight, how's yer belly fixed for a lodger, Huh?"

There's no romance anymore.

Its -5 here. Wind-chill brings it to -12. Love this kind of clear, sunny weer.

Walkies.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:32 am

The McLaughlin thing looks official;

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/12161.php

I have very mixed feelings. I'm excited to see if we can get a top coach to take us on as a team, and I'm very sad to possibly see the back of a great, local Irish coach who took a job no-one else wanted and gave us two back to back Heineken Cup quarter-finals where guys with bigger CVs had failed.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:38 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I think he should come to the Dragons:

- Guaranteed Amlin Challenge Cup rugby
- Beautiful scenery
- Cari works nearby

Keep him away from PYS FFS!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:40 am

How do they serve alcoholic drinks on Italian cruise ships? - On the rocks
What vegetables do you get with dinner on Italian cruise ships? - Leeks
What's the fastest way to get off an Italian cruise ship?- Follow the captain
"Capitano, you know where you go yes" "off course!"
So the captain of the Costa Concordia will soon be in the dock. That's more than can be said for his ship.
The captain says he is not guilty of manslaughter. He has witnesses to prove he was nowhere near the passengers who died.
The Costa Concordia is probably the most expensive thing to go down in Italy since Berlusconi's last hooker.
What's the difference between the Italian economy and the Costa Concordia? Nothing - The bottoms dropped out of both.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:43 am

Nice to see Munster has a sense of humour.

The headline for the article on the Munster website about Ulsters request for rescheduling the quarters being being denied is . . . ERC SAYS NO Very Happy
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:45 am

PJHolybloke wrote:Morning Breaker The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 1401235891 ,

Sparring or just conditioning? We used to have 10 stations and do 3 mintues on each with 30 seconds breather in between, on the whistle - move on.

Bench step-ups were my nemesis. Sad

Hi PJ... just back online.

Very similar to that. 8 stations, 1:30 on each, 30 seconds breather in between. Then short water break and repeat 8 stations again (with slight variations). 5 min warm down/stretches.

1 station is in the ring with boxing instructor - ex junior heavyweight champion. Erm

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:47 am

Very dissapointing.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:53 am

My jokes or Stag's?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:58 am

It isn't my joke. its Munsters
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:12 am

Strangely enough just got some free advertising on the Pat Kenny show Headscratch

We didn't contact them and they didnt contact us but I wont complain
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

Saint-Andre's named his side for Saturday. It's decent enough:

https://www.606v2.com/t22629-france-squad-for-italy-game

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:22 am

Thats a top side.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:27 am

Someone on another thread has Malzieu to be top try scorer in the tournament. I might have a look at that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:46 am

Kiwi - can we have a pic of Rhys Thomas above the bar in the new pub please Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:47 am

+1 Dreamer
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:48 am

Mike Phillips?

Run

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:58 am

Get out.

And I was refering to Ulster's rumour mill if it proves factual. Got a lot of time for McLaughlin.

Also has anyone set up a 606 pool for sportsguru for the 6n? If so would an invite for my good self be out of the question?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:59 am

I think thats a given Willy. Pretty much a certainty. I'm sad to see him leave, but if he feels his career lies in teaching...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:59 am

There's already one set up Willy and I think it's an open one, you just need to apply for approval (no invite needed). Just search v2 or 606 under the 6N's tab on SG to find it OK (I hope that works anyway!)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:04 pm

Willy IRFU made an announcement to confirm.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:06 pm

Afternoon,
French XV vs Italy
Fofana 1st cap playing with fellow ASMite in the centre, Debaty to play Castro for the 3rd time this season,Picamoles at 8 ahead of Imanol who covers the back row; Servat, Mas, Papé Nallet, Dusautoir, Bonnaire and Yachviliall 30+,taking no risks against Italy this time

Médard - Clerc, Rougerie, Fofana, Malzieu - Trinh-Duc , Yachvili - Bonnaire, Picamoles, Dusautoir (Cap.) - Nallet, Papé - Mas, Servat, Debaty

Reps : Poux, Szarzewski, Maestri, Harinordoquy, Parra, Beauxis, Mermoz
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:18 pm

That's a scarily strong group of players, but I can't wait to watch them play. France have always been my second team.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:21 pm

Think you missed an outside back Mick.

I would say this could be ugly for Italy. France used to hammer them regularly, then there was last years defeat... it's all set up for France to go to town on them now, the element of complacency replaced with a sense of grievance.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:37 pm

Can we have Andy 'crazy legs' Fenby on the wall, please. A 'so bad he's good' player if ever there was one.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:40 pm

Let's have a photo of Bill McLaren up there as well.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:44 pm

Can we have Gethin's charge down try in 2005? Run
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:45 pm

Sorry Prop, you're about a minute too late.

New pub https://www.606v2.com/t22964-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#911771
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20