The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joleon Lescott

5 posters

Go down

Joleon Lescott Empty Joleon Lescott

Post by marty2086 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 9:58 am

Balotelli was banned for his stamp on Sunday yet no actions been taken against Lescott? I thought this was a more clear cut case than Balotellis. He clearly smashed his forearm into Kaboul

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Joleon Lescott Empty Re: Joleon Lescott

Post by johnson2 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

The FA are a bunch of fools. They charge who they fancy, they dont apply logic to any decisions...

Crouch tries to poke a player in teh eye, from behind, which is fine.
Mario banned for an apparent stamp.
Barton banned for not head butting a player.

No logic, they are buffoons... clubs should stand up to them and revolt. I could make better decisions than they do.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

johnson2 wrote:Mario banned for an apparent stamp.

It was a stamp if you watch the replays it was an unnatural movement in the situation my point is though that Lescotts was more clear cut but the FA seem to follow the lead of the press

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:58 pm

johnson2 wrote:Barton banned for not head butting a player.

The FA cant take the full blame for that incident the ref is the one who can overturn it and he refused too as far as I know their hands are tied

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

Barton deserves everything he gets. I don't think he should have even been allow to renew his registration following his sentencing for serious assault. He is probably one of the most repulsive footballers in this country.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:03 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Barton deserves everything he gets. I don't think he should have even been allow to renew his registration following his sentencing for serious assault. He is probably one of the most repulsive footballers in this country.

Settle down.

Football is littered with criminals, as it your work place too, and mine, and every other work place. What right would they have to prevent him working? None.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:04 pm

marty2086 wrote:
johnson2 wrote:Barton banned for not head butting a player.

The FA cant take the full blame for that incident the ref is the one who can overturn it and he refused too as far as I know their hands are tied

Hiding behind the rules (which they make). And you really suggesting the FA dont haev influence over a ref.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:32 pm

If an it is in the refs report (crouch incident) the FA can not do anything, the Barton incident could have been changed but on consultantion with the ref and probably based on previous incidents they chose not to, plus it's been known for a few years now that if you stick your head in someones face the ref can send you off whether you headbutt them or not. The Lescott one I haven't looked at any stories about this, but again if the ref saw it and it's in his match report the FA can not do anything.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:56 pm

The ref didnt see the Lescott incident and its been overshadowed by Balotellis stamp

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 3:58 pm

johnson2 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Barton deserves everything he gets. I don't think he should have even been allow to renew his registration following his sentencing for serious assault. He is probably one of the most repulsive footballers in this country.

Settle down.

Football is littered with criminals, as it your work place too, and mine, and every other work place. What right would they have to prevent him working? None.

Not in my workplace thank-you, certainly not for serious assault charges, god knows where you work.

Didn't say stop him working, let him go be a bricky or something, but someone that vile shouldn't be allowed to swan back into a multi-millionaire life for being half decent at kicking a pig-sack around. Football should've taken a stand, like if he were a proven drug cheat or a drug dealer. If a lawyer did any of these things, or a doctor, they'd lose their licence and wouldn't be able to practice again. That's the way it should be for Barton or any other serious criminals in sport. This isn't a stupid little incident like Cashley Cole popping a work-experience kid with a BB gun, Barton stood over and battered the crap out of a random innocent guy in the middle of a high street on a night out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 4:23 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
johnson2 wrote:

Settle down.

Not in my workplace thank-you, certainly not for serious assault charges, god knows where you work.

Didn't say stop him working, let him go be a bricky or something, but someone that vile shouldn't be allowed to swan back into a multi-millionaire life for being half decent at kicking a pig-sack around. Football should've taken a stand, like if he were a proven drug cheat or a drug dealer. If a lawyer did any of these things, or a doctor, they'd lose their licence and wouldn't be able to practice again. That's the way it should be for Barton or any other serious criminals in sport. This isn't a stupid little incident like Cashley Cole popping a work-experience kid with a BB gun, Barton stood over and battered the crap out of a random innocent guy in the middle of a high street on a night out.

Barton did his time and has taken steps to improve himself granted hes not a fully reformed man but at least hes trying. Lawyers and Doctors are in places of trust and they sign up to a code of conduct before hand that holds them to a higher standard than others this is why they get kicked out of their jobs.

Many players have been guilty of assault why single out Barton?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
johnson2 wrote:

Settle down.

The FA (or indeed any authority) could not refuse to let him play because he is a criminal. Your comparison to a Dr is flawed because they are in a position of trust, footballers are not.

Being a footballer does not require you to abide by the law.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 4:26 pm

What gets me is the BBC is always displaying what Joey Barton writes on Twitter about any match that is happening. As if he is some oracle.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum