The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your thoughts on 2012? And why? (Domestic or World)

4 posters

Go down

Your thoughts on 2012? And why? (Domestic or World) Empty Your thoughts on 2012? And why? (Domestic or World)

Post by two_tone Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:23 pm

Fighter of the year?

Andre Ward, get the feeling after beating Froch he will fight on and beat Bute for the IBF strap, then onto the holder of the WBO in a final unifcation to become undisputed king of the Super Middleweights. Failing that maybe an American showdown with Pavlik or Dirrell if reports are true that they are both eyeing a return this year.

Prospect of the year?

Not sure whether he is still in this bracket or not but Kell Brook has the potential to light up 2012 and push himself onto the world stage. After dispatching of Hatton, I think (hope) he will be pushed onto to much more challenging fights i.e. Mike Jones, Andre Berto, Victor Ortiz calibure.

Fight of the year (if you think it will happen)?

Stand out one at the moment is Berto vs Ortiz II as the last one served up was an excellent fight which had everything.

Upset of the year?

Possibly Fury stopping Price if the fight goes ahead. Have a feeling Price is hyped up after destroying a faded, crude and even more overweight McDermott who lets be honest was never much to right home about in the first place. Although I hope Price develops on what has been a decent start to his career as I think he has the tools to go a lot further than Fury, I have a sneaky feeling he may be in for a shock.

Feel free to abuse my predictions, or post some of your own.

Last edited by two_tone on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on 2012? And why? (Domestic or World) Empty Re: Your thoughts on 2012? And why? (Domestic or World)

Post by Steffan Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:35 pm

two_tone wrote:Fell fre to abuse my predictions

Can I abuse your spelling instead Wink

Just kidding

Fighter of the Year - I think this could be a big year for 'Bad' Chad Dawson if he gets past Hopkins and then wins a rematch against Pascal

Prospect of the Year - Kell is a good as bet as any but will he actually step up opposition this year. Mike Jones is the fight I wanna see

Fight of the Year - Il go on the hope that its Manny v Floyd

Upset of the Year - I agree that Fury could well turnover Price. The Chis beating Klits would be the big one though if it happened

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on 2012? And why? (Domestic or World) Empty Re: Your thoughts on 2012? And why? (Domestic or World)

Post by superflyweight Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:39 pm

Fighter of the Year - I think this could be a big year for 'Bad' Chad Dawson if he gets past Hopkins and then wins a rematch against Pascal

It's going to be a pretty poor year if your prediction is right, Steffan. Ward or Alvarez (depending on who they actually fight) would be the stand out options at the moment.

Last edited by superflyweight on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : swear filter made a mess of what I was saying.)

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:53 pm

superflyweight wrote:

It's going to be a pretty poor year if your prediction is right, Steffan. Ward or Alvarez (depending on who they actually fight) would be the stand out options at the moment.

Alvarez yes. Think it could be a quieter year for Ward than the last 2

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:38 pm

Wouldn't mind watching Gamboa and Juan Manuel Lopes get it on reckon that could be a cracker.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down