The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Most Crucial Point of the Match but.................

5 posters

Go down

The Most Crucial Point of the Match but................. Empty The Most Crucial Point of the Match but.................

Post by erictheblueuk Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:59 am

Was it a forehand miss or a backhand miss?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/16780203.stm
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

The Most Crucial Point of the Match but................. Empty Re: The Most Crucial Point of the Match but.................

Post by hawkeye Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:08 am

forehands, backhands... Its all a bit technical for the BBC.

Tennis can be a cruel game. You play for 6 hours and yet one point can be so important.

This is what Nadal said about it

It's true I had big mistake with 3015. But it's not moment to think
about that. That's another just moment in an almost sixhours match.
Forget about that knowing that I really had real, very real chances to
have the title and to win against a player who I lost six times last
year.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2012-01-30/201201291327853403275.html

Its not that he always "says" the right thing he always seems to have a positive attitude and an inner self belief. Not something that can be taught but something that is a huge advantage if your job is professional tennis player.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

The Most Crucial Point of the Match but................. Empty Re: The Most Crucial Point of the Match but.................

Post by Henman Bill Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:37 pm

BBC article has it right, did they change it later?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Henman Bill wrote:BBC article has it right, did they change it later?

You are correct HB they've changed it from "forehand" to "backhand".
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:04 pm

I bet someone got confused for a moment because Nadal's a leftie. Easy to recall it as being on the right side so a forehand.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Yeah, that's strong mental stuff from Nadal in that quote.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Henman Bill wrote:I bet someone got confused for a moment because Nadal's a leftie. Easy to recall it as being on the right side so a forehand.

Nadal has two forehands anyway pretty much, except when he slices on the bh.

More unforgivable is the Beeb describing it as 4-3 30-15 when it was 4-2 30-15 as their own clip shows.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Henman Bill wrote:I bet someone got confused for a moment because Nadal's a leftie. Easy to recall it as being on the right side so a forehand.

Nadal has two forehands anyway pretty much, except when he slices on the bh.

More unforgivable is the Beeb describing it as 4-3 30-15 when it was 4-2 30-15 as their own clip shows.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down