The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sutil Convicted...

2 posters

Go down

Sutil Convicted... Empty Sutil Convicted...

Post by Critical_mass Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

F1 driver Adrian Sutil convicted over nightclub fracas Adrian Sutil has apologised over the incident Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
F1 driver Sutil is to stand trial
F1's Sutil may face legal action

German Formula 1 driver Adrian Sutil has been convicted of causing grievous bodily harm to a F1 team owner and given an 18-month suspended sentence.

A court in Munich reached the verdict after a two-day trial. The German driver was also ordered to pay a 200,000 euro (£167,224; $264,092) fine.

Renault F1 executive Eric Lux suffered cuts during the incident in a Shanghai nightclub last April.

Sutil, aged 29, has already apologised over the incident.

Both he and Mr Lux were among guests at a party to celebrate Lewis Hamilton's victory at the China Grand Prix in the Chinese city.

The Renault team has since been renamed Lotus.

Sutil was a driver for the Force India team, but they have announced Nico Hulkenberg will replace him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16810585

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Sutil Convicted... Empty Re: Sutil Convicted...

Post by Critical_mass Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:09 pm

maybe thats why Sutil didnt retain a seat this year, maybe the team thought he would get convicted so are taking him out of the spot light for a while.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 3:10 pm

In the end nothing major just an 18 month suspended sentence. He will be back in F1 without doubt in 2013 in my opinion. He's one of these drivers you just think has that something extra when comparing him to other drivers in and around that lower to midfield range. I thought he did a magnificent job competing against DiResta with not only the pressure of this court case hanging over his head but also constantly having to hear that DiResta is the 'rookie of the year etc'. In the end Sutil beat the highly rated Scot by 42pts to 27 pts and when you think that Force India are only picking up the minor points at best each race, it's quite a large difference in my opinion. I'm not taking anything away from Paul but he only got the ForceIndia seat because of the Mercedes engine deal and use of KERS for free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

I agree John, it shouldnt have been taken to court. Storm in a teacup.

I hope sutil gets a seat next year, he is a really good driver and is a shame for him not to be racing this season. Though the court case probably helped the decision... no other reason for him not to be driving this season.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:26 pm

LEWIS HAMILTON was last night branded a 'coward' by former F1 pal Adrian Sutil.

German Sutil is furious Hamilton did not appear as a defence witness after he was given an 18-month suspended sentence for causing grievous bodily harm.

Ex-Force India driver Sutil was fined £170,000 by a Munich court for smashing a glass into the neck of Lotus boss Eric Lux in a bar in Shanghai last April.

Sutil, 29, said: "Lewis is a coward. I don't want to be a friend of such a person. He is not a man.

"Even his father texted me, wishing good luck for the courtcase. From him, nothing.

"He even changed his mobile number so I couldn't call him."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 01 Feb 2012, 9:51 pm

wow.. im speechless. Hope there was more to it then that. There must be a reason he didnt testify other than prior arrangements or being a "coward". It cant be like he was scared to testify - that would make him a coward.

Though, Suil didnt do himself any favours for apologising before the Trial as that was basically admitting guilt.

Though...was that taken from The Mirror?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down