The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angry England Supporter here..

+6
The Gramlin
Geordie
RuggerRadge2611
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
TycroesOsprey
Triangulation
10 posters

Go down

Angry England Supporter here.. Empty Angry England Supporter here..

Post by Triangulation Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:38 pm

I'm angry. mad

I hope that England are twice as angry as I am and I hope that they harness that in the Calcutta Cup in the form of controlled aggression.

My get f*****d list with reasons

Delon Armitage - for being astoundingly unbelievably stupid and for self wasting talent that I would give my left rollock for

Dan Care - ditto

Mike Tindall - ditto save for the talent part and for putting self before team and his old mate Martin Johnson

Andy Robinson - for being a sanctimonious p***k about his perceived "English arrogance" (which he failed to flesh this out) and for selecting Dan Parks at 10 and basically guaranteeing anti- rugby

Graham Henry - for taking potshots at England/for dishing out condescending headmasterly advice (depending on your point of view) If he sincerely wanted to help England he would have put his hand up for a role. He ruled that out a while ago. Blind Freddy can see that we need quick ball.

Sir Clive Woodward - his achievements should be rightly treasured but his comments from the outside are not helpful and I smell self justification in almost all he says.

mad

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Angry England Supporter here.. Empty Re: Angry England Supporter here..

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

Are you sure there is no welsh blood in you Tri?

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:44 pm

Tri, Hug

Just for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl-ai9HuR60 and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

Triangulation wrote:
Andy Robinson - for being a sanctimonious p***k about his perceived "English arrogance" (which he failed to flesh this out) and for selecting Dan Parks at 10 and basically guaranteeing anti- rugby

Us Scots are really happy about that selection too! furious
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:50 pm

Graham Henry - for taking potshots at England/for dishing out condescending headmasterly advice (depending on your point of view) If he sincerely wanted to help England he would have put his hand up for a role. He ruled that out a while ago. Blind Freddy can see that we need quick ball.

Yeah he should keep his gob shut. It took him a long enough to win the WC with the so called best playing resources in the world....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gramlin Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:51 pm

1. Delon Armitage - I agree

2. Dan Care - I agree

3. Mike Tindall - i agree

4. Andy Robinson - He was answering a loaded question (I think). Parks is the most experienced stand off Scotland have. I imagine Robinson would rather not throw Laidlaw straight in - so he could bring him off the bench later.

5. Graham Henry - English clubs are precious about keeping the ball - mostly bad ball. They need to speed up ruck ball more often.

6. Sir Clive Woodward - he should concentrate on the Olympics...

The Gramlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:40 pm

TycroesOsprey

I am not Welsh. Not even a little bit. At the second time of asking so now i feel the need to prove it so here goes.....

I can't stand the sight of Gavin Henson. SCW stuffed up the 2005 B&I Lions tour but Henson's bleatings were ridiculous. He did nothing at all to justify selection in that side. Nothing.

TheGramlin

Henry has also seen fit to criticise our zero tolerance policy on stupidity and as i said his call for quick ball would be shouted down on these boards if say Hersh said it as being stating the bleeding obvious!!

I think Gatland is a loud mouthed twit. Oh and i find the whole "we are wales, we are teetotallers and we train at -6,000 c" to be completely over the top and holier than thou.

Also the welsh are notoriously poor travellers. They dont get it together away from home and get homesick on Lions tours.

There! Happy now?

I couldn't give a stuff about the Calcutta Cup result. All i want for Calcutta is English players tearing into their opponents and knocking seven shades of sh*t out of them.

If they aren't angry they never will be.

p.s i hope and expect Ireland to actually do that to Wales in Dublin.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gramlin Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:46 pm

" get homesick on Lions tours."

Ha ha!! Brilliant Very Happy

The Gramlin

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

well Im not sure the Henson comments were proof and actually we are poor tourists everyone knows that, Gatts gob has caused problems, no arguments there though hes been very quiet this year so far.

But I will take your word for it. thumbsup

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:16 pm

The Gramlin wrote:1. Delon Armitage - I agree

2. Dan Care - I agree

3. Mike Tindall - i agree

4. Andy Robinson - He was answering a loaded question (I think). Parks is the most experienced and out of form stand off Scotland have. I imagine Robinson would rather not throw Laidlaw straight in - so he could bring him off the bench later.

5. Graham Henry - English clubs are precious about keeping the ball - mostly bad ball. They need to speed up ruck ball more often.

6. Sir Clive Woodward - he should concentrate on the Olympics...
Fixed that for you, no charge OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

Henry was correct about us "wasting talent" and playing based on fear. Not sure why he's had a pop at Lancaster though. Give the guy a chance!!
Andy Robinson is becoming more of a c*ck the longer he's in the job though...

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:23 pm

Triangulation wrote:
I can't stand the sight of Gavin Henson. SCW stuffed up the 2005 B&I Lions tour but Henson's bleatings were ridiculous. He did nothing at all to justify selection in that side. Nothing.

So you think that Will Greenwood and Jonny Wilkinson, both of whom had been out injured and out of form deserved to start ahead of Henson? I'm sorry but Henson did a lot more in 2004/05 than either of those to players and deserved to start the first test. D'arcy possibly as well.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:24 pm

gowales wrote:
Triangulation wrote:

So you think that Will Greenwood and Jonny Wilkinson, both of whom had been out injured and out of form deserved to start ahead of Henson? I'm sorry but Henson did a lot more in 2004/05 than either of those to players and deserved to start the first test. D'arcy possibly as well.

I wouldn't disagree, but Wilko and Greenwood wouldn't have been bleating to the media telling them that.

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:26 pm

Dylan Thomas was mysogynist, the welsh are hopelessly romantic in their approach to rugby, Sam Warburton deserved his red card and Wales deserved to lose to France in the RWC...and...oh hang on.....you take my word for it......was just getting started. Dammit ! Very Happy

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:34 pm

Triangulation wrote:Dylan Thomas was mysogynist, the welsh are hopelessly romantic in their approach to rugby, Sam Warburton deserved his red card and Wales deserved to lose to France in the RWC...and...oh hang on.....you take my word for it......was just getting started. Dammit ! Very Happy

but DT was a mysoginist, we are hopeless rugby romantics and wouldnt have it any other way, Sam did deserve to get a red accroding to the rules and if you cant kick your goals you deserve to lose a game of rugby. Tumbleweed I reckon somewhere theres a welsh great grandad rattling around. Whistle

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:36 pm

to "welsh" on a bet is a well known phrase or saying and welsh rarebit is rubbish.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 01 Feb 2012, 9:16 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

Yeah he should keep his gob shut. It took him a long enough to win the WC with the so called best playing resources in the world....

Really? I thought England had the best playing resources in the world. And his time to win the wcup? Does that also make SCW a poor coach?

Isnt perspective grand... Or is it... When the shoe fits...

Seriously though...assuming he would have been accepted as England coach I believe GH did consider it but is most likely to have renegged on the basis that even he would not break up the club stronghold on english rugby, the sponsors, owners.

That was his point. The fear stems from the fear of losing at the club level and that constraint controls the style throughout the land. Look how competitive the much lower resourced welsh and irish clubs are.

He knows that although fans and the english rugby fraternity as a whole 'say' they want a successful team the reality is that the driving forces actually don't. Because if they did they would remove that fear at the club level. Cant have your cake and eat it too (warning: max limit of 3 metaphors reached)

To see GH walk in there and shake up the whole club scene would have been wonderful to watch and i reckon he was tempted. I also believe within four years he would take England to dominate the game globally in a real sense if he had his way with the resources available.

In NZ we have a top down system that works and would there but with larger numbers.

But even he knows he couldnt rock that establishment. Far too ingrained and rigid. And your national team continues to pay for it.

Blinkers anyone?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down