The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India vs Pakistan - Such a shame

+2
liverbnz
Fists of Fury
6 posters

Go down

India vs Pakistan - Such a shame Empty India vs Pakistan - Such a shame

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

Almost 13 years ago to the day these two great cricketing nations competed in one of Test crickets greatest matches in Chennai, Pakistan eventually prevailing by 12 runs despite a fantastic century from none other than Sachin Tendulkar. After falling to 81-5 when chasing 271 to win, The Little Master took India extremely close before being undone by Saqlain Mushtaq.

The first Test between the sides for nine years, and between then and 2007 they played five Test series in total. Since then, nothing.

Despite the numerous reasons, both political and otherwise, that these sides have not toured each others countries in the past five years it is incredibly said from the fans point of view, and likewise for the sport as a whole.

Pakistan vs India is a Test series to rival an Ashes series, it is as big as it gets. I, for one, just wish more could be done to perhaps arrange a neutral venue Test series between these sides.

Cricket needs Pakistan vs India, and diplomacy in the sporting arena may just assist in easing some of the political tension between the two nations.

Any memories of Pakistan vs India Tests? What can be done to get these two behemoths of cricket lining up against each other again?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

India vs Pakistan - Such a shame Empty Re: India vs Pakistan - Such a shame

Post by liverbnz Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:08 pm

You just reminded me of the non-stop bickering between Indian and Pakistan supporters on the old 606. One childish sly dig after another.

Anyway, not knowing an awful lot about the history between these countries myself, but having a few Indian friends, the issues obviously go way beyond sport. Would a match between these 2 on neutral grounds have the same feel? I'm not so sure, and neither would I expect it to ease any politcal tensions. There seems to be a strong hatred from one another, one that will take generations to abate.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

My first memories of these two sides are massive scores on dead pitches.

It would be great to see them back playing each other in a tests series, as like you say there is a real rivalry.

Didn't Tendulkar make his debut against Pakistan? Seem to recall that he had a going over from Waqar.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:16 pm

Yep, as a mere 16 year old. Held his own, too...but then he was Sachin Tendulkar, I guess.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:34 pm

My uncle used to pray for sachin to score a hundred - I asked him why and he said when inzi scores a hundred - we usually end up winning - when sachin scores a hundred India tend to lose Laugh

Was that the same match where pakistan started off 39-5 on the first day and had won by the 4th after an exhilirating hundred by K Akmal in first innings??

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Thu 02 Feb 2012, 10:18 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Was that the same match where pakistan started off 39-5 on the first day and had won by the 4th after an exhilirating hundred by K Akmal in first innings??
It was even worst, 39-6!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/234783.html

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Thu 02 Feb 2012, 10:26 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:

Pakistan vs India is a Test series to rival an Ashes series, it is as big as it gets. I, for one, just wish more could be done to perhaps arrange a neutral venue Test series between these sides.

Cricket needs Pakistan vs India, and diplomacy in the sporting arena may just assist in easing some of the political tension between the two nations.

Any memories of Pakistan vs India Tests? What can be done to get these two behemoths of cricket lining up against each other again?
+
India have already said that neutral venues are out of the question. India has 40 stadiums, so in theory they never need to leave home.

I can't see how two nations that hate each other, could play sport against each other. The Bombay bombing still hurt the Indians.

Shewag's 309 was pretty insane, was long after he smashed 190 odd against Australia, and I didn't think he score another biggie. How wrong was I!?!

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by footballcrazy Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:20 am

remember when India toured Pakistan in what 2005-06. Was at Pindi stadium that day. A great knock by Yuvraj it was

footballcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down