The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa tour intenirary for New Zealand.

+5
Offstumpyorker
Shelsey93
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Fists of Fury
Biltong
9 posters

Go down

South Africa tour intenirary for New Zealand. Empty South Africa tour intenirary for New Zealand.

Post by Biltong Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:05 am

With the South African tour to New Zealand but a mere fortnight away, here is the schedule of fixtures.

February 2012
17 New Zealand v South Africa T20I Westpac Stadium, Wellington
19 New Zealand v South Africa T20I Eden Park, Auckland
22 New Zealand v South Africa T20I Seddon Park, Hamilton
25 New Zealand v South Africa ODI Westpac Stadium, Wellington
29 New Zealand v South Africa ODI McLean Park, Napier

March 2012
3 New Zealand v South Africa ODI Eden Park, Auckland
7 New Zealand v South Africa Test University Oval, Dunedin
15 New Zealand v South Africa Test Seddon Park, Hamilton
23 New Zealand v South Africa Test Basin Reserve, Wellington

I look forward to this tour, we haven't played New Zealand for a while now.

The first test series between these two nations took place in 1932 when South Africa toured New Zealand for a four test series. It took 21 years before these two countries once again met in New Zealand. The first tour of New Zealand to South Africa occured immediately after the 1953 tour to New Zealand.

Some stats.

T20's
Played 5
SA won 4
NZ won 1

ODI's
Played 52
SA won 30
NZ won 18
No results 4

Tests
Played 35
SA won 20
NZ won 4
Draws 11

Although South Africa has a superior record to New Zealand, they have often stumbled against them, especially during world cups. South Africa's ODI and T20 squads aren't settled at the moment and this is a perfect opportunity for New Zealand to exploit that.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

South Africa tour intenirary for New Zealand. Empty Re: South Africa tour intenirary for New Zealand.

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:45 am

So tomorrow is our first T20 match, We'll probably be slapped all over te place. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

South Africa tour intenirary for New Zealand. Empty Re: South Africa tour intenirary for New Zealand.

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:21 am

South Africa will win every single fixture on this tour at an absolute canter, Biltong, keep the faith mate - you're far superior to New Zealand in every aspect.

Hope to see New Zealand do well, though, I like them and feel it is good for cricket when NZ are strong and challenging.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:23 am

Fists of Fury wrote:South Africa will win every single fixture on this tour at an absolute canter, Biltong, keep the faith mate - you're far superior to New Zealand in every aspect.

Hope to see New Zealand do well, though, I like them and feel it is good for cricket when NZ are strong and challenging.

We're in for a hammering in the tests I expect. However the limited overs matches will be a lot closer, especially in "home" conditions.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:26 am

Yeah the Tests I'd be shocked if South Africa didn't complete a whitewash.

Limited overs is more NZ's thing at the moment, I'd say, so they stand more of a chance there.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:26 am

Fists of Fury wrote:South Africa will win every single fixture on this tour at an absolute canter, Biltong, keep the faith mate - you're far superior to New Zealand in every aspect.

I think NZ are looking like a decent one-day unit and I wouldn't put it past them surprising SA, who have similar limited-overs issues to England, in a few of these games. The Tests should go South Africa's way but there's always the possibility of a choke censored

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:33 am

Fists. I agree we have a chance (note a chance) to win all three tests, but ODI and T20 isn't about a whole team performing for 5 days in succession, it is about only one or two good knocks, one bowler having a field day and a supposed superior team can lose.

Case in point.

7 April 2007 SA vs Bangladesh.
Bangladesh scores 251 in 50 overs.
Ashraful gets 87.

SA gets bowled out for 184.
Razzak 3/25

It happens.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:36 am

Our ODI team is not yet settled, as I have said before, Steyn is not being used correctly.

He doesn't want to open the bowling with the white ball as he feels it swings too much and he struggles to control it.

So instead of allowing him to build rythm (he is as mucha rythm bolwer as any other fast bowler), they keep on giving him 2-3 overs at a time.

FAF du Plessis in my view is not the answer.

Robin Pietersen is not the answer.

We need Colin Ingram and (can;t remember the other chaos name now)

We need Johan Botha as our spinner, he has proven over and over again he is our best containment spin bowler.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Offstumpyorker Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:43 am

What about De Lange?

Offstumpyorker

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:52 am

He is going on the tour, but did not recieve a contract. Problem is in the ODI arena who do you take out, we have Tsotsobe who is doing very well, Steyn and morkel our two best current fast bowlers and then De Lange and Parnell has to fight it out, don't forget about Philander either.

So our bowling looks promising, Duminy is there to add some spin as well, but he is seen as a batting allrounder, whereas Botha must be seen as the main spin option.

It is iur batting that is questionable at the moment.

We start with AB and Amla the two top ODI batsmen, then we have Kallis and Duminy, Smith is out of form. So the rest is open.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

biltongbek wrote:Our ODI team is not yet settled, as I have said before, Steyn is not being used correctly.

He doesn't want to open the bowling with the white ball as he feels it swings too much and he struggles to control it.

So instead of allowing him to build rythm (he is as mucha rythm bolwer as any other fast bowler), they keep on giving him 2-3 overs at a time.

FAF du Plessis in my view is not the answer.

Robin Pietersen is not the answer.

We need Colin Ingram and (can;t remember the other chaos name now)

We need Johan Botha as our spinner, he has proven over and over again he is our best containment spin bowler.
David Miller

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Yes thank you, Shanky. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Thu 16 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

Don't underestimate home advantage in Tests. Apart from Australia until recently, it's a long time since any team consistently won away from home in the longest version of the game.
Yes, SA are obviously favourites in the Test series, but NZ normally bowl well at home and I would be surprised if the home side are whitewashed

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

SirFred, I would disagree with you, Sa has been very succesful, in fact the most succesful touring team in the last 5 years, we have not lost an away test series since 2007.

We won in OZ, ENG, WI and drew twice in IND.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:09 pm

sirfredperry wrote:Don't underestimate home advantage in Tests. Apart from Australia until recently, it's a long time since any team consistently won away from home in the longest version of the game.
Yes, SA are obviously favourites in the Test series, but NZ normally bowl well at home and I would be surprised if the home side are whitewashed

Given the summer NZ currently isn't having I wouldn't be surprised if one test was a draw after losing 2 days to rain.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:23 pm

Hope no one is underestimating NZ, they beat Australia recently.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:41 pm

Duty281 wrote:Hope no one is underestimating NZ, they beat Australia recently.
yeah and that Ozzie team drew with us at home. Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:24 am

Well Fists, first fixture down and already your prediction is out the window....comprehensive win to NZ in the first T20, a win by 6 wickets chasing 148

Still doesn’t mean we'll do well in the main event (tests) but confidence is crucial to a young team....

Game on!

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:39 am

Yep, as I expected a lot of experimenting going on.

Levi is new, I doubt they will use him in the tests.
What the hell is Ontong doing back in the squad, he isnt even a very good first class player.
good to see rusty theron back getting an opportunity.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down