The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Fans and Those Calcutta T Shirts.

5 posters

Go down

Scotland Fans and Those Calcutta T Shirts. Empty Scotland Fans and Those Calcutta T Shirts.

Post by majesticimperialman Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:26 am

It was just a thought after the England v Scotland game yesterday.

All the fans that brought the T shirts saying Scotland Calcutta champions, or what ever it said. Doh

Will they beable to get their money back?

Or wil they simply be stook with them.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Scotland Fans and Those Calcutta T Shirts. Empty Re: Scotland Fans and Those Calcutta T Shirts.

Post by EnglishReign Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 am

Cue absolutely no banter because nasty old England beat poor old Scotland without even needing to play...it's just not fair!

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Scotland Fans and Those Calcutta T Shirts. Empty Re: Scotland Fans and Those Calcutta T Shirts.

Post by HammerofThunor Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:56 am

There's no date on them so they're valid. Most recent was 2008 so no biggy

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:05 am

I'd be ashamed of any of my countrymen who tried to crow too loudly on about that insipid and lucky win yesterday. It says more about what a relief it is to some fans to have a win at Murrayfield than it says about the quality of our performance.

A win is a win ok. But to suggest we simply chose not to play better is insulting to both teams.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:44 am

I believe it has now come to light that the t-shirts were from a few years ago when they did win the Calcutta cup. Therefore, this is a bit of a non story.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:49 am

Griff wrote:I believe it has now come to light that the t-shirts were from a few years ago when they did win the Calcutta cup. Therefore, this is a bit of a non story.

really- i think most teams make salable t shirts in adavnce and take the risk- because china will make em for next to noithing- and if you wait you wont get the same amount sold!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:50 am

miteyironpaw wrote:I'd be ashamed of any of my countrymen who tried to crow too loudly on about that insipid and lucky win yesterday. It says more about what a relief it is to some fans to have a win at Murrayfield than it says about the quality of our performance.

A win is a win ok. But to suggest we simply chose not to play better is insulting to both teams.

i think its fair to suggest that england could have had a game plan! it makes sense, possibly not in the exact way it turned out- however surely limiting penalties given would have been a high priority

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 am

As I've said elsewhere, I don't put it down to our discipline, I put it down to Scotland coughing up the ball before the pressure could mount. The couple of times that there was consistent pressure, penalties were conceded. Robshaw in particular was guilty of foolish behaviour right in front of his own sticks.

If our plan involved waiting for Scotland to fumble around with a clearance kick and then charge it down then we'd better hope that all the other sides we're likely to face are inept and slow behind the scrum or it could be a long wait for the next try.

It's the first match up, so I'm not getting too upset about it yet. For a first match out for a lot of youngsters it was a good win, particularly as we brought many on for a first cap with 10 minutes to go in a pressure situation. But I'll be expecting much more, we'll need it, in three weeks time.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down