The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Tipuric

+11
Cari
gnollbeast
Knowsit17
Ospreydragon
majesticimperialman
gowales
Looseheaded
Southampton Osprey
Shifty
Coleman
CurlyOsp
15 posters

Go down

Justin Tipuric Empty Justin Tipuric

Post by CurlyOsp Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Not a WUM post like 90 percent of the threads at the moment.

Thought Tipuric played brilliantly when he came on, was at every break down making himself a nuisance, I for one am very glad to have two fetchers playing so well in the squad.

Would start him next week with Warburton likely to be rested with a dead leg, won't be losing anything around the park or in the line out. Well done JT!

CurlyOsp

Back to top Go down

Justin Tipuric Empty Re: Justin Tipuric

Post by Coleman Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Tipuric really is Martyn Williams the second. Warbs plays the game in a much different way. When Justin came on today i thought he was very good. So glad to have some depth.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:56 pm

I did notice the Irish posters being quite happy when Warburton got replaced, I did at the time point out that Tipuric is a more than capable replacement. give Navidi a couple of years as well and we'll have 3 world class opensides.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Southampton Osprey Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Thought he played very well...he is faster to the ball than Warburton, but less physical around the park. Great that we have two classy 7's, when England, Ireland and Scotland all seem to have none.

Southampton Osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:06 pm

I said beforehand that he has the quality to compete internationally, despite most people claiming that he's 'too lightweight' and would get demolished by the Irish back row. I'm glad to have been proven correct.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Same as i. You don't need to be a muscle man to be a top rugby player as long as you have the brains.
Martyn Williams V2
Sam Warburton is more like Richie McCaw!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Justin Tipuric Empty Both England and Wales won away from Home! !

Post by majesticimperialman Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Does this prove that Home Advatage no longer counts in the international era?

It as been said for a long time that Home Advatage always plays in to the Hands on the Home team, but as shown this week end both England playing away at Murryfield where they have not won a game for a number of years.

And Wales again playing away from Home at the Aviva stadium in Ireland both came away with a well fought hard slog win.

But in all honesty BOTH teams should of lost comfortably to the home team.

What is your opinion on this?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm pretty sure Ryan was being held and was trying to free himself. He was also held earlier in the match, but managed to get the ref's attention on the earlier occasion and was let go.

majesticimperialman, You must have watched a different game to me. In the game I watched, Barnes bottled the likely try that was denied to Wales in the first half, just as he bottled giving a red card against Davies. Officials don't want to make decisions, even though they're a couiple of yards away. Gatland persistys with giving Priestland place-kicking duties when everyone knows it's the most inconsistent aspect of his game: HALFPENNY SHOULD KICK. Wales should have been well ahead by half time in the game I watched.

Davies will get cited and be rightly banned. But I wonder if the citing commisioner will look at why he reacted. Adam J was cleaned out by B Botha in an almost identical incident and was lost to the game with a shoulder reconstruction as a result.

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Ospreydragon wrote:Davies will get cited and be rightly banned. But I wonder if the citing commisioner will look at why he reacted. Adam J was cleaned out by B Botha in an almost identical incident and was lost to the game with a shoulder reconstruction as a result.

Exactly what i said when i saw it. Was like a flash back.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Had no idea what was up with Davies, he's never done anything like that before but rushing out of the line to turn and toss a player who, from what I could tell, didn't provoke in any way, one of the most blatant and foul acts I've seen yet. Should have been red without a shadow of a doubt.

Only tainting aspect of the game for me but what a way to taint! furious

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by gnollbeast Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:04 pm

QUALITY PLAYER

gnollbeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:07 pm

"from what I could tell, didn't provoke in any way" -- Knowsit, perhaps you should look at the incident and what D Ryan did.

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:10 pm

I was really pleased to see Justin come on for his third cap albeit at the expense of Sam. He's definitely an asset to the Welsh side for the future. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Ospreydragon wrote:"from what I could tell, didn't provoke in any way" -- Knowsit, perhaps you should look at the incident and what D Ryan did.

I'll catch a replay later but seriously I didn't catch whatever it was.....please pardon my ignorance but what exactly was it?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm a bit jealous. Hopefully in 12-18 months Wallace will come good for us. And Guest can get enough gametime from Easter to improve on his potential and we can have an all Quins backrow?

Just kidding, but having a fetcher 7 would be nice and Wallace looks like he could be it one day
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
Ospreydragon wrote:"from what I could tell, didn't provoke in any way" -- Knowsit, perhaps you should look at the incident and what D Ryan did.

I'll catch a replay later but seriously I didn't catch whatever it was.....please pardon my ignorance but what exactly was it?

Donncha Ryan gave Adam Jones a cheapshot when he came into the ruck. Davies was peed of at him. He should have gave him a smack instead i don't know what he was thinking

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Ospreydragon wrote:just as he bottled giving a red card against Davies.
I'm not saying Barnes had a good game (he certainly didn't) but he didn't bottle the decision on the red card. When he spoke with the Touch Judge Dave Pearson he admitted he didn't see the incident and asked for Pearson's recommendation, which was a penalty and yellow card to the offending player. Can't blame Barnes for that but Pearson needs his eye's testing.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:00 pm

B91212 wrote:
Ospreydragon wrote:just as he bottled giving a red card against Davies.
I'm not saying Barnes had a good game (he certainly didn't) but he didn't bottle the decision on the red card. When he spoke with the Touch Judge Dave Pearson he admitted he didn't see the incident and asked for Pearson's recommendation, which was a penalty and yellow card to the offending player. Can't blame Barnes for that but Pearson needs his eye's testing.

Very true. Don't shoot the messenger!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane_Williams Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Tipuric was immense, give him a year and I could actually seeing him keeping warbs out of the team. He does occasionally play 8 for the ospreys but he's a better 7.

Shane_Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Tipuric would be the smallest number 8 in world rugby if that is where he played. He should stick to 7, was very impressed with him.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Nothing wrong with his size IMO, as long as that's balanced with 2 bigger players in the other backrow spots. Look at South Africa. Brussow is an out and out fetcher at openside but isn't very big. That works very well with a big blindside and 8 such as Burger and Spies to balance their back row. A small 7 can be a bonus in that they are generally quicker to the breakdown and able to jackal a bit better than bigger lumps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:53 pm

At 8 his size would be an issue I mean Griff. At 7 there is no issue at all.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane_Williams Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Yep, true he isn't quite the perfect build for 8 but I was pointing out that he occasionally plays there for the Ospreys. He is a 7 though.

Shane_Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:At 8 his size would be an issue I mean Griff. At 7 there is no issue at all.

Sorry Rory, wasn't commenting on your post! Yes he would be a small 8! Was just commenting on previous comments/posts that he's a small 7, which he is technically but I think it can work. He's about Martyn Wiliams' size and he did OK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Had no idea what was up with Davies, he's never done anything like that before but rushing out of the line to turn and toss a player who, from what I could tell, didn't provoke in any way, one of the most blatant and foul acts I've seen yet. Should have been red without a shadow of a doubt.

Only tainting aspect of the game for me but what a way to taint! furious

Davies reacted to the targetting of Adam Jones with a cheap-shot shoulder charge - the kind that Botha used which broke Jones's shoulder when playing for the Lions in South Africa. It was a hot-headed reaction and Davies should have been red-carded, but it's incorrect to say the Irish player 'didn't provoke in any way'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down