The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England captaincy debate-what would you do??

+8
english warrior
braveheart101
packofwolves
sportform
lorus59
Soldier_Of_Fortune
super_realist
Liam
12 posters

Go down

England captaincy debate-what would you do?? Empty England captaincy debate-what would you do??

Post by Liam Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:01 am

Personally I would have stripped John Terry of the captaincy of England. You cannot have a man leading a team with mixed ethnicities whilst awaiting a trial of alleged racial abuse of another player. The term 'innocent until proven guilty' cannot be applied, IMO, in this situation because as we know and have seen, there are divisions in the England camp that arose at the world cup, and with this debacle atm it would only cause more problems going into a major tournament. John Terry is not the player he once was. I have never really rated him as one of the world's best defenders as I believe that against the top countries he seems to come unstuck (like allot of other England players).

If England want to move forward people like John Terry need to be dropped. Like Lampard, Gerrard, Ashley Cole and ferdinand, they have all had their chances and have blew them. England need to move forward and give the captaincy to someone who will lead the England side for years to come. That's why my pick would be Joe Hart, simply because he is nailed down as a starter for years until England find someone who can actually challenge his place. He has proven he is a top quality player and is very vocal with his team mates.

Who would you like to see as England captain and where do you stand on the Terry debate?

Liam

Back to top Go down

England captaincy debate-what would you do?? Empty Re: England captaincy debate-what would you do??

Post by super_realist Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Who needs a captain anyway. You could give the ball boy the opportunity to swap pennants and shout "heads or tails"
What else do they do?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

England captaincy debate-what would you do?? Empty Re: England captaincy debate-what would you do??

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 pm

whats happened to all the comments?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 pm

If all our comments have been removed, surely we are innocent until proven guilty.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:26 pm

I tend to agree that the 'captain' is overhyped. Joe Hart would be my choice. He is first choice is his position and should be for the foreseeable future.

Other candidates are older, more injury prone and not assured of their place.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Not sure innocent until proven guilty applies on this one, its all about public perception.

In an ideal world the trial/inquest/whatever is held as soon as possible (before the euros) and then you move on with the results of that. Dragging it out over several months helps no one.

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:54 pm

packofwolves wrote:Not sure innocent until proven guilty applies on this one, its all about public perception.

In an ideal world the trial/inquest/whatever is held as soon as possible (before the euros) and then you move on with the results of that. Dragging it out over several months helps no one.
Considering the case will probably only last a day and the maximum penalty is a £2500 fine I'm surprised that it hasn't been dealt with by now.
John Terry should have done the decent thing the last time and resigned the captaincy instead of the FA stripping him of it then being reinstated by Capello.
Surely as Capello's employers the FA could have had the final say first time around and insisted he could never be made England captain again.
As super realist says does it really matter who is captain? If any of the players that get selected aren't able to show enthusiasm, passion and desire when representing their country they shouldn't be in the team. Unlike cricket it's not as if the captain makes on field decisions about formation, tactics etc and seeing as all the players income from international matches goes to charity there isn't any financial incentive(as if they need one)to be captain.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Lorus- 'If all our comments have been removed, surely we are innocent until proved guilty'

Ah, if only it were so, but this 'Elective Dictatorship we all live in is a sham of Democracy, is it not.

Whatever happened to the Voltairian statement:

' I may disagree with what you say, but defend to the death your right to say it'

Free speech, don't make me laugh!!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:16 pm

If you have a problem with your comments being removed, PM me, and I will happily tell you why I removed them.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm afraid Terry doesnt warrant his place in the team on his performance. So he should not be captain anyway...

If England want to move forward people like John Terry need to be dropped. Like Lampard, Gerrard, Ashley Cole and ferdinand

Whilst i agree with most of those...i think Gerrard still has a part to play...and i think the england team should have been based around him as the attacking central midfielder over the past 5/6/7 years not Lampard.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by pbuk0 Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:46 pm

Make Gerrard the captain... Drop both Terry and Rio as they are both past it anyway... and are too divisive in the squad.
Team to start in Euro's

Hart
Richards
Gary Cahill
Phil Jones
Ashley Cole

Parker,
Wilshire ( If fit).
Gerrard
Oxley Chamberlain,
Ashley Young
Rooney

and of course Harry as manager.. if he doesn't want it second choice should be us Hiddink..

pbuk0

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:05 pm

Ol' wheeler dealer 'arry might try and get Bale and Adebayor on loan for the Euros I reckon. Trrffic players, both ov 'em.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:55 pm

And ol' Harry might actually be able to get the best out of Rooney...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down