The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend Predictions

+3
beshocked
maestegmafia
gnollbeast
7 posters

Go down

Weekend Predictions Empty Weekend Predictions

Post by gnollbeast Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:46 pm

I predicted all the correct winners for the first round of the Six Nations, although the scoring was a little closer than I anticipated.

I can now be called 606v2's very own Paul the octopus and this weekend I predict:

France 19 - 16 Ireland
Italy 17 - 25 England
Wales 34 - 9 Scotland

gnollbeast

Back to top Go down

Weekend Predictions Empty Re: Weekend Predictions

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 pm

I don't think England will win I'm Rome. Ireland France will be closer so will Wales Scotland.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:16 pm

maestegmafia of course you don't. You're a biased Welshman. You thought Ospreys would beat Saracens. It's likely you'll be wrong again!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 pm

I agree with the France and Italy games. Although if France can get into the game they should win by some more.
I think Wales will be a little bit closer, not much but a little less.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 pm

I'd take 17-25 in Rome Gnoll. Who's going to score 'em though...
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:27 pm

A titanic clash between two powerfull back rows in Paris. If Ireland can disrupt the French they could win, pulling away in teh last 1/4. However I feel France will look a lot tighter than they did against Italy and will prevail by 8pts.

England v Italy. Yet again Italy showed they are capable of playing some really good stuff - yet once they get to the opponents 22 the composure goes. The inability to score tries when playing well will continue to hurt them and England will score at least 2 this weekend to secure the win.

Wales should beat Scotland. Everyone expects them to. People will be demanding a thumping. BUT - there are still injury concerns over critical players - some who played at the weekend, some who missed out. Second Row issues will be made worse when Bradley Davies receives an 8 week ban. Walls to win, but only securing victory in the last 10 minutes.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by gnollbeast Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:I'd take 17-25 in Rome Gnoll. Who's going to score 'em though...

Just get more ball to Ashton and Foden and start with Flood at 10.

Italy were strong in the first half against France, but didn't finish any chances and were tired in the 2nd half. England will be confident after an unexpected win and gradually improve as the tournament goes on.

Maybe the England v Wales game with be very close if both teams register 2 wins under their belt.

gnollbeast

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 pm

beshocked wrote:maestegmafia of course you don't. You're a biased Welshman. You thought Ospreys would beat Saracens. It's likely you'll be wrong again!

Give it a rest mate.

England are not as good as Saracens.

England were frankly Un-impressive, maybe it is more your blind ignorance than my alleged prejudice.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gnollbeast Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:22 pm

In all honesty England look the weakest they have looked in 30 years.

Scotland only had to string one move together to get a try but knocked it on every time. Dan Parks gifted England 1 try and that is all they needed.

gnollbeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:33 pm

gnollbeast wrote:In all honesty England look the weakest they have looked in 30 years.

Scotland only had to string one move together to get a try but knocked it on every time. Dan Parks gifted England 1 try and that is all they needed.

Its not unfair. Its the first time in well over a decade they have come into a tournament and Ive felt they have zero chance of winning it. The winagainst Scotland changes nothing about how much I feel this team has to work on.
Guscotts comment that 80-90% of the next Lions team were in Dublin was quite reasonable.

They should however end up 2-0 after this game. Its the third win thats the problem, and anythuing less than that is real faliure for England even given mitigation of temporary coaches and building for the future....especialy when they were gifted that win by a weak Scotland.

France to win because they are the best side in the competiton. Ireland need some fit centers.

Its hard to see past a Wales win. The Welsh backs should be able to run straight through the lightweight Scots backs if they can get the ball to them ( something England failed to do often enough ) Linout the one ray of hope for Scotland, theirs is very strong.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down