The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard

+22
WelshinEdinburgh
bedfordwelsh
ChequeredJersey
KickAndChase
Bellevue
Biltong
majesticimperialman
wam
Shifty
kiakahaaotearoa
mystiroakey
RubyGuby
Mad for Chelsea
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Eclipse
B91212
overlordofthewest
hugehandoff
whocares
EnglishReign
eirebilly
sportform
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard Empty Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard

Post by sportform Wed 08 Feb 2012, 9:12 pm

A tough final week of the competition with only three people calling all three games. Mad for Chelsea came out on top with 78 points while AsLongAsBut100ofus and sportsville (me) were the other two.

In the overall competition mr-bryns-attitude managed to hang on comfortably to his lead and take the title by 38 points from mystiroakey. mr-bryns-attitude was helped to the top with a correct score and the highest weekly total of 141 pts in week 3. (There were 2 correct scores in the 634 predictions making a correct score a 317-1 shot/ from previous comps it has been about a 200-1 shot).

So congratulations goes to mr-bryns-attitude clap clap

Both me and mystiroakey called 13 out of the 15 games right.

The weekly winners were:-
Week 1 - eclipse 99 pts
Week 2 - Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler 92 pts
Week 3 - mr-bryns-attitude 141 pts
Week 4 - sportsville 92 pts
Week 5 - Mad for Chelsea 78 pts

Week 5 Table
Spoiler:
Overall Leaderboard
Spoiler:
Week 1 Table
Spoiler:
Week 2 Table
Spoiler:
Week 3 Table
Spoiler:
Week 4 Table
Spoiler:

Last edited by sportsville on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 9:06 pm; edited 6 times in total
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard Empty Re: Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard

Post by eirebilly Wed 08 Feb 2012, 9:15 pm

Thanks for doing this mate Ok!
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard Empty Re: Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard

Post by EnglishReign Wed 08 Feb 2012, 9:20 pm

Legend! Cheers for the effort buddy, now I just need to make sure I don't do anything silly like predict a Scottish win... Wink

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed 08 Feb 2012, 10:00 pm

Good job
Looks like I'm in contention for the wooden spoon! Hope there is a prize for that

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Wed 08 Feb 2012, 10:04 pm

Top man....I had not even worked mine out and you have done everyone. Thanks.

Was it 50 entrants in total?

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Wed 08 Feb 2012, 10:13 pm

Can't believe Im in the top 10

Cheers for doing this, its great thumbsup

Shame Parks wasnt a second quicker with his clearance though, Id be right up there then.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 08 Feb 2012, 11:06 pm

35th? Better than I expect to be honest, especially as I picked both Ireland and Scotland to win. Made and recorded my picks for week 2 over in the correct thread. Probably should have waited until all the teams were announced but didn't want to forget.

Big thanks to Sportsville for not only taking the time to create this and also going to the trouble of working out the scores for everybody.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:02 am

I'm not sure I can cope with the pressure! You watch Scotland, Italy and Ireland win this week.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:03 am

I forgot to say a big thanks for doing this!

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:15 am

Eclipse is a jammy sauage getting two results horribly wrong but one bang one!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:25 am

I'm definitley jammy but horribly wrong may be a bit harsh.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:42 am

bit sad that, the other three guys who got the right results in all three games are ranked 2,3 and 4 and I'm stuck down in 11th, shows what I know Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:47 am

A special metion to ME for the following score last weekend:

Ireland 22 Wales 23 - Not a bad effort eh thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 Feb 2012, 6:26 pm

nice one sportsville, good work dude

well done ruby, your in the pack

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 09 Feb 2012, 6:31 pm

My picks were on the ambitious side and though I didn't want to add up my miserly total, I certainly appreciate your effort to do all of ours. Do you do tax returns as well? notworthy

I went with safer options this week and hope my weather predictions give me an added edge over the rest.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

RubyGuby wrote:A special metion to ME for the following score last weekend:

I had Ireland 23 Wales 25, if Sexton and Priestland had only converted I'd have smashed it Cool

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 09 Feb 2012, 8:14 pm

49th really? Sad
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wam Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:01 am

To echo the others, cheers for doing this.

Also I imagine the results would be very different if that last penalty in wales ireland was not awarded/missed.

wam

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:32 am

I am in 7th place, never expected that to be honest, usauly when i try and predict the score of a game, or the out come of a game i am usauly way out.

Must be getting better in my old age.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:42 am

majesticimperialman wrote:I am in 7th place, never expected that to be honest, usauly when i try and predict the score of a game, or the out come of a game i am usauly way out.

Must be getting better in my old age.
Or maybe just luckier. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:14 am

AlynDavies wrote:49th really? Sad

To be fair if you bet against Wales and England you should have got more points than you did.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:35 am

I'm 5th and a bit dissapointed with that - thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:37 am

yeah i assumed id be top in all fairness not a lowly 4th!!, must do better!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellevue Fri 10 Feb 2012, 4:09 pm

Thanks for doing this great idea just hope I can move up form 17th this weekend

clap

Bellevue

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:09 am

RubyGuby wrote:A special metion to ME for the following score last weekend:

On any other week, I probably would have given you a special mention in the write up for being a point away but that effort was superseded by Eclipse's effort.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:19 am

The leaderboard has now been updated to included points from the two recent games.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:23 am

Awesome. Some clear leaders pulling away there ...

Are you going to take a re-poll for the rescheduled fixture or stick with the initial predictions?

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:31 am

KickAndChase wrote:Awesome. Some clear leaders pulling away there ...

Are you going to take a re-poll for the rescheduled fixture or stick with the initial predictions?
I will stick with the original scores but if anyone wants to change/ update their score for the rearranged game they can do. (Just add a new post to the 'scores' thread)
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 1:04 am

Oh well, normal service is resuming. Not only out of the top ten but not even in the top twenty.
My usual totally inaccurate predictions can now continue.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 16 Feb 2012, 1:06 am

Can't believe I'm still up at 14th! Come on Ireland, I need to you beat France...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:57 am

It seems I wasn't focused, I made my predictions for week two on the wrong bloody thread!

https://www.606v2.com/t23501-six-nations-2012-predictions-week-2 Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:55 am

From 5th to 4th - I've really been working on my consistency pre-season and its beginning to pay off. Let's see if those 3 weeks in Poland help me for Round 3 when I hope to push into the top 3 as a consequence of coming strong in the last 20 of each game thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:57 am

Bilton - you need to start routing for those welsh boys, I know it goes against your grain to vote against your love for the anglos but you have to move away from your comfort zone eventually thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:57 am

28th to 11th thanks to a good week2 I will have some of that.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:59 am

Don't worry Bedford the cream usually rises to the top thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:01 am

RubyGuby wrote:Bilton - you need to start routing for those welsh boys, I know it goes against your grain to vote against your love for the anglos but you have to move away from your comfort zone eventually thumbsup

Ruby i am out of it now anyway, so doesn't really make sense to conitnue the predictions mate. I will vote for Wales to beat Italy, I promise. Not sure about the England game at Twickers yet and the Franch game is awhole different conundrum.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:03 am

And I did vote for Wales on the weekend, just on the wrong thread.

Wales 28 - Scotland 16.

Scotland will score a try this weekend.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:04 am

RubyGuby wrote:Don't worry Bedford the cream usually rises to the top thumbsup

Cheers Ruby Hug
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

Which part of the Twickers game do you think we'll have difficulty with - It's a 50/50 IMO but I think it's ours to lose rather than theirs to win thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

Ruby the problem I have with that match is being carful not be get too involved with the euforia of welsh fans who would beleive they can beat england on any day, and not just on their day vs the muted and dialled down english fans on the forum who are to afraid to show any confidence.

Then you mix into that the fact that england has a caretaker coach and whther they can click on a day like against australia where they simply blow them off the park, or just keeping to underperform lime the last 6 months.

I am trying to find my own opinion in between one eyed fans, inconsistent performances etc.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:12 am

Lineout again for me will be as nail biting as it always is. I hope they keep same starting XV though I doubt he will.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

Bilton - how will Charlie Hodgson, Barritt and Farrell blow anyone off the park - The games a 50/50 as its in Twickenham and of course England can win but that is one durge of a defensive (CH aside) midfield. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshinEdinburgh Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:17 am

Why did i miss the 1st week? I read the whole post as well! Really happy with 8th in week 2 - some work to do to catch up, only 102 points behind the leader - ever the optimist! Crying or Very sad

WelshinEdinburgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellevue Thu 16 Feb 2012, 11:34 am

Hey can't believe I've made the top ten really pleased!!
not bad for a optimsitic welsh girl!

Thanks sportsville for a great competition thumbsup

Bellevue

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:38 pm

gone down to 7th Sad

still alot to play for mind

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellevue Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

I'm after that place Mystir watch your back!

Bellevue

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:45 pm

lol

picking the england wales game is gonna be so hard!!

thinking about it allready- i am stuck lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellevue Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:51 pm

Easy for me Wales by 5 but a good game with England on top until the last 10 mins

well i hope so Whistle

Bellevue

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 16 Feb 2012, 2:56 pm

Bellevue wrote:Easy for me Wales by 5 but a good game with England on top until the last 10 mins

well i hope so Whistle
what if you are wrong about those last ten minutes, mate? Erm
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 16 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm

the problem is we dont have enough to go on in this game.

england have a makeshift team in a way, however that should be bolstered with flood and manu.;

they have only just beaten 2 average sides- however those results are away and england (in regards to scotlnad) have lost in murryfield playing better rugby, and other teams with good sides have lost in italy.

wales are playing well, yet have a poor record at twickers.

the sides are almost side by side in the rankings

england have the better win/loss record over the last year, however wales are playing quality rugby at present, england havent been.

england normally raise there game to classier sides, however we dont know if they can due to the team being somewhat new!

its impossible to call, therefore probally gonna go with an england by 3, but if i was welsh i would go with them by 3

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next