The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses.

+2
newballs
noleisthebest
6 posters

Go down

Possible Andy Murray Response

Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_lcap33%Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_lcap0%Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_lcap0%Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_lcap22%Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_lcap11%Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_lcap33%Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Empty Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses.

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:22 pm

Andy Murray has received some criticism from members of 606 v2 for his response to the Times Journalist Matthew Syeds statement, "everyone will regard [Andy Murray's] magnificent career a failure if he doesn't win [a grand slam]". Andy Murray responded by saying "I'm going to win one... don't worry".

Some members of 606 v2 were upset by Andy Murray's response, calling for the sacking of his coach. Others have said that Andy Murray's response shows he is disrespectful and / or delusional. See, Hawkeyes thread: https://www.606v2.com/t23666-oh-andy-dont

Now I am proud to give the esteemed members of the 606 v2 tennis community an opportunity to decide on a suitable "real time" response to Matthew Syeds public statement:

MS: "everyone will regard [Andy Murrays] magnificent career a failure if he doesn't win [a grand slam]"

PAUSE - Audience looks at Andy Murray as he is branded a failure in public Shocked

Please select a suitable response for Andy Murray from the above Poll.

Last edited by Nore Staat on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Empty Re: Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses.

Post by noleisthebest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:34 pm

BTW, what was the original question?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. Empty Re: Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses.

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:39 pm

noleisthebest wrote:BTW, what was the original question?
What response should Andy Murray have made to the following statement directed to him and the audience during yesterdays Radio 5 broadcast special "An Audience with Andy Murray":

"Everyone will regard Andy Murrays career a failure if he doesn't win a Grand Slam"

(paraphrased quote)

A podcast of the show can be found at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01bnfdw/5_live_Sport_An_Audience_with_Andy_Murray/

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:05 pm

What I mean is what was the original question MURRAY was asked when he gave the reply we are trying to perfect?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:06 pm

NS love the post.

You forgot the obvious one though:

"Don't know. Ask my mum."

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:10 pm

newballs wrote:NS love the post.

You forgot the obvious one though:

"Don't know. Ask my mum."
or : Borg the Oracle

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:12 pm

Nore Staat

Are you trying to sabotage Andy's chances in a slam? Maybe you are a fan with good intentions but IMO your advice is a little misguided! As I said in my article "Oh Andy Dont!" the best response to the question would be to say that he's working hard, that it would be a dream to win a slam and that he will do his best.

Its quite simple really. I can't understand why with all the expensive advice he must have no one has told him. Lendl Pfftt! I bet he's too busy playing golf...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:17 pm

Silence, but takes his jumper off to reveal a Paraguay shirt.
This isn't 2006.

Are you trying to sabotage Andy's chances in a slam?
Don't think Andy will read this. Even if he did, i'm sure he has read much worse!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:15 pm

noleisthebest wrote:What I mean is what was the original question MURRAY was asked when he gave the reply we are trying to perfect?
He didn't reply to a specific question, he just interjected after Matthew Syed made his statement about "everyone" viewing Murrays career a failure if he doesn't win a slam. That's why I asked how should Andy Murray have "responded" (rather than "replying").

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:22 pm

Newballs & Nitb - very good alternatives (NITB maybe "Lendl the oracle") Ok!

hawkeye wrote:Are you trying to sabotage Andy's chances in a slam? ...
I don't know but it's a risk I am prepared to take Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Newballs & Nitb - very good alternatives (NITB maybe "Lendl the oracle") Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. 1479719350

Fair enough but I wouldn't like to be you when CaladonianCraig gets to hear about it...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

hawkeye wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:Newballs & Nitb - very good alternatives (NITB maybe "Lendl the oracle") Andy Murrays BBC radio Live Five Broadcast: Possible alternate responses. 1479719350

Fair enough but I wouldn't like to be you when CaladonianCraig gets to hear about it...

Good article 'Nore Staat' - for me the last one is the 'best' , but all the 'quotes' would be a good response

Hawkeye, I may be a little presumptuous, but I can guarantee that CC will have no problem with such a light hearted article after all NS isn't some kind of anti-Andy Murray WUM who trolls his every day life, just so they can release negative articles / comments about him Erm

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:51 pm

Spot on banbrotam. No problem with this article at all.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 11 Feb 2012, 6:45 pm

Mmmm. So its perfectly OK to mock Murray with outlandish ideas about how he should respond to the media but anyone who offers a perfectly reasonable one is a "WUM troll"?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat 11 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

hawkeye wrote:Mmmm. So its perfectly OK to mock Murray with outlandish ideas about how he should respond to the media but anyone who offers a perfectly reasonable one is a "WUM troll"?

If you think NS's article was a mickey take of Murray, then you're more naive, even more simplistic in your thinking than any of your most banal articles

NS is obviously having a dig at those who chose to read everything into Murray's comments. The irony is obviously lost on you, as you fail to realise it's yourself who's being mocked - not Andy

Try keep on the same page

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down