The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cinnamon v sugar

+13
TRUSSMAN66
AlexHuckerby
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
RANDY77
sittingringside
hampo17
Atila
Nico the gman
ShahenshahG
tcribb
The Galveston Giant
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Horizontal
17 posters

Go down

cinnamon v sugar Empty cinnamon v sugar

Post by Horizontal Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

Alvarez is set to meet mosely on mayweather v cotto card according to de la hoya twitter

Horizontal

Back to top Go down

cinnamon v sugar Empty Re: cinnamon v sugar

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:19 pm

I heard its going ahead on a couple of sites now.

It's a name, an a good one at that. Would be a good addition to a good headliner. Don't see Mosley having nearly enough to beat Canelo though. He has looked poor in his last 3 fights with no wins.

I think that this still is a step up for Saul and it may be a fight where Saul can he the KO which would still be a huge achievement.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:58 pm

It's a good fight for Alvarez and makes the Mayweather card a cracker. I too think Mosley is going to struggle though, if he backs off and refuses to exchange like he did with Pacquiao then it could be an akward night for Saul.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sat 11 Feb 2012, 2:05 pm

Don't know what to think to be honest because Mosley has looked almost shot in his last 3 fights against Floyd, Mora and Manny and can't pull the trigger any more, it could be a onesided beat down and that's probably the result I would pick.

However as Galveston mentioned this could get tricky, Mosley has a terrific record against Mexican fighters and I'm not sold on Alvarez his done nothing wrong but his head is too stationary for me and I get that feeling it's a matter of time before someone exposes this, whether Shane is the man at this stage of his career, I doubt it, but he may make things interesting in patches.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 11 Feb 2012, 2:05 pm

Think thats going to be necessary for Mosely GG - reckon this is a bit of exposure to sort out a Alvarez fight at the end of the year?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 11 Feb 2012, 2:44 pm

Mosely yet another fighter who doesn't know when to call it a day,looks a big light middle Alvarez wins by a convincing UD for me.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizontal Sat 11 Feb 2012, 3:54 pm

Canelo UD for me.

Horizontal

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 11 Feb 2012, 5:33 pm

This fight shouldn't be happening at all. It's been 3 years since Mosley last won a fight. How the hell can the WBC even sanction a fight like this?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

Not a good fight, shocking in fact. Khan got slated when this fight was talked about and for good reason. SSM has looked poor in his last few fights and with his inactivity he'll only be worse.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sun 12 Feb 2012, 2:13 pm

This fight is only interesting in terms of what we might learn about Alvarez. As others have mentioned, if Alvarez beats Mosley it only serves as further evidence of Mosley's decline in the last few years. However, if Mosley can cause Alvarez some serious problems, it could provide a few points of interest with regard to his development as a top level operator.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by RANDY77 Sun 12 Feb 2012, 2:30 pm

Mismatch that sells tickets and improves Alvarez's reputation among general boxing fans who have not witnessed Mosley's decline recently.

RANDY77

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:29 pm

To be fair Mosley is a lot better than Mathew Hatton even at this stage of his career
so I think this may be closer than people think.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:52 pm

DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:To be fair Mosley is a lot better than Mathew Hatton even at this stage of his career

Yea but Alvarez is a lot better than Mora and Alvarez is a lot bigger than when he fought hatton.

The only reason this fight was made is too make Alvarez look great infront of a huge audience.

Regardless of Shane's age, a stoppage victory over him is a still a huge achievement

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:18 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:To be fair Mosley is a lot better than Mathew Hatton even at this stage of his career

Yea but Alvarez is a lot better than Mora and Alvarez is a lot bigger than when he fought hatton.

The only reason this fight was made is too make Alvarez look great infront of a huge audience.

Regardless of Shane's age, a stoppage victory over him is a still a huge achievement

and Canelos biggest scalp is a very faded Kermit Cintron/Old Baldomir and has a very padded out record to be honest, I think Alverez has looked good against the majority of his opponents but lets face it he has not fought anybody near the caliber of opponents Mosley has fought, I think Canelo will win via UD but not without a fight from the old fox Mosley.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 12 Feb 2012, 9:19 pm

Can't say I'm thrilled. But it's a ticket seller and if Alvarez looks good he will be "Making a statement"

Mosley did look completely shot last time out to be honest though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Feb 2012, 9:42 pm

Hope he knocks Sugar out so bad he doesn't come back...Because he'll end up a zombie If he goes on much longer...

Sad sad fight...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:27 am

Im not really a fan of this fight at all but at least its only an undercard fight rather than a headline event.

Its over three years now since Mosely won a fight and I think he should have to fight his way back into contention if he wants to keep going and prove to people he still has something meaningful in the tank.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:38 pm

This might be Shanes first KO loss, he could be stopped in the corner late on if the last three fights of his are anything to go by. This fight is not for me but it's a stepping stone fight for the kid. Better than Winky v Quillan, that is a joke

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:41 pm

Never a fan of up and comers trying to establish their name off past legends.

Mosley could help serve as a guide to Alverez's chin if Mosley tags it hard enough.

Although Mosley is past it, he won't be a walking punch bag the entire time and has plenty of experience so I reckon he either lose by large UD or get stopped on his feet late on if he gasses.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 10:52 am

hampo171 wrote:Not a good fight, shocking in fact. Khan got slated when this fight was talked about and for good reason. SSM has looked poor in his last few fights and with his inactivity he'll only be worse.

Indeed he did. Objectivity flies out of the window when Khan is mentioned.

Personally I dont see what Alvarez has to gain by fighting a washed up 40 year old who hasn't won a fight in years (other than money). Shameful.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 18 Feb 2012, 10:59 am

There is a big difference between the level of opponents they have been facing. It's a step up for Alvarez but a step back for Khan.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:15 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:There is a big difference between the level of opponents they have been facing. It's a step up for Alvarez but a step back for Khan.

Alvarez is a world champion and as such should be fighting the best available. Khan is an ex world champion and can have the luxury of fighting guys a peg below world standard.

If this is a learning fight for Saul, then he should give up the title.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:04 pm

azania wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:There is a big difference between the level of opponents they have been facing. It's a step up for Alvarez but a step back for Khan.

Alvarez is a world champion and as such should be fighting the best available. Khan is an ex world champion and can have the luxury of fighting guys a peg below world standard.

If this is a learning fight for Saul, then he should give up the title.

I agree but it's still a step up, if Mosley was topping a bill i wouldn't be happy.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 4:19 pm

Sorry GG I dont agree. The guy claims to be a world champ and as such should be fighting the best available. How a 40 year old SSM who hasn't won in over 3 years is considered a step up is beyond me. The guy couldn't even beat Mora at LMW and that was when he was closer to his peak than he is now.

Its a ridiculous match up. All SSM brings is name recognition. GBP should be embarassed with this joke of a fight. They are trying to compete with Arum it seems.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down