The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and worst fans

+4
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Josiah Maiestas
johnson2
8 posters

Go down

Best and worst fans Empty Best and worst fans

Post by johnson2 Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:45 am

Everyone will obviously pick their own teams (which is only true if you are a Newcastle fan) so for impartiality you are not allowed.

Worst

1. Liverpool - Have an inflated opinion of self importance and think they are better than they really are. Like to think they are the victim of higher powers and the fans never stop moaning. Pretty poor atmospheres these days too.
2. Fulham - Awful, awful, awful. Can barely muster up the energy to get out of their seats when they score.
3. Villa - These are a combination of Liverpool and Fulham. High opinions of themselves with a dreadfull, dreary stadium full of like minded fans.

Best

1. Stoke. Although the people are horrible individuals (well, some of them) they make for a hostile environment in and around the ground. Exactly what I like from a football match.
2. QPR. Went down this season to Loftus Road and was shocked. 16k made more noise in 5 minutes that you are likely to hear in 90 at Anfield. Good showing. Shame about the accent.
3. Spurs. Historically these have been quite poor. They are a fickle bunch, but when they are playing well they can make some noise. I expect all this will change when 'arry leaves and it will sound more like a funeral than a football match.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Best and worst fans Empty Re: Best and worst fans

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:06 am

Worst
1. Liverpool - Have an inflated opinion of self importance and think they are better than they really are. Like to think they are the victim of higher powers and the fans never stop moaning. Pretty poor atmospheres these days too.
2. Fulham - Awful, awful, awful. Can barely muster up the energy to get out of their seats when they score.
3. Villa - These are a combination of Liverpool and Fulham. High opinions of themselves with a dreadfull, dreary stadium full of like minded fans.
Completely disagree with all 3 here.

How can you not have Wigan in there? Always massive empty areas behind the goal. Heck, even the 2 main stands are neglected.

Blackburn. Hardly anyone there these days, can't really blame them as much with the decision to replace Sam with Kean, but still the players have no chance with those negativity.

Arsenal. Not only did they boo Eboue when leaving the pitch 2 seasons ago, this season they booed Wenger and Arshavin when the Russian came on for Chamberlain. Another ground that is never going to be full because of unrealistic prices!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:13 am

Best fans;

Stoke. Great atmosphere at the Britannia.

Everton. Fans continue supporting the players and manager despite their up and down form and no money.

Newcastle. Averaging 49k fans this season is very good considering the bad economy in the north-east. The team I hope can keep going and nick 4th as they the other 3 don't really deserve it.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:13 am

I agree with all those statements, but on the balance of things I have decided to go with my picks. On another day it could well contain those three.

Lets be honest though, only 2/3 teams can actually generate an atmpsphere these days, most fans are prawn munching snobs.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:39 am

What a can of worms article this is - people are bound to just point out their rivals flaws.

Really fans who don't support the team, don't go, leave very early or blindly support anything to do with their team are the worst - every team has some of the above, I make the worst cohort the team with large percentages of the above types of fan.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 am

As a Norwich fan who has been to all home games and all but one away.The worst on my experiences away are:

1. Man United- I know they were only playing Norwich when I went but they only sung when they scored for about 30 seconds then all sat down again.

2. Wigan- When there's nobody there how can you expect and atmosphere.

3. Chelsea- Same as United.

The best based on ones who have come to Carrow Road:

1. Spurs- Huge following and by far the most vocal so far.

2. Swansea- Great following considering they came all the way from Wales.

3. QPR- Still sung despite us thrashing them!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 am

Olly did you go the fa cup tie at West Brom?

The atmosphere that day was dire.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:03 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Olly did you go the fa cup tie at West Brom?

The atmosphere that day was dire.

No, I went to the league game where the atmosphere was average at best. I could only hear the NCFC fans on the radio though in the cup game!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:05 am

Was dire, the stands were half empty and only made a noise after Fortune equalised, absolutely dire place as well west brom.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:13 am

ollyrules wrote:As a Norwich fan who has been to all home games and all but one away.The worst on my experiences away are:

1. Man United- I know they were only playing Norwich when I went but they only sung when they scored for about 30 seconds then all sat down again.

Thats because they'll all be tired after the long trip to Manchester..... Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:27 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
ollyrules wrote:As a Norwich fan who has been to all home games and all but one away.The worst on my experiences away are:

Thats because they'll all be tired after the long trip to Manchester..... Wink

laughing laughing
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Was dire, the stands were half empty and only made a noise after Fortune equalised, absolutely dire place as well west brom.

Though not much of an excuse I'll admit, the Norwich fans were given what is our main stand in terms of creating an atmosphere.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 pm

ollyrules wrote:

Try getting the coach from Newcastle to Plymouth. That is some trip.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:21 am

Based on more than 50 years of watching top flight soccer, I would put NEWCASTLE UNITED as the best away fans - certainly for numbers (always have a good following) and noise (extremely vocal).
Chanting and singing - rather than huge roaring - seems to be order of the day at the moment. It used to be that teams that were struggling would be lifted by the crowd. Now, more often than not, the crowd have to be lifted by the team.
Some fans only let rip when their team are ahead. Nick Hornby reckoned a crowd was at its noisiest when the team were playing well - but were losing. Not sure if that's the case these days.
One noticeable thing in recent years - the extreme enthusiasm, and noise, from visiting fans of "smaller" teams who have just got into the Premier League. Perhaps unsure of just how long their sides' Premier League status will last, these fans are determined to make the most of their trips to famous grounds.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down