The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v klitscko chisora on box nation , shocking !!

+9
tcribb
eddyfightfan
Imperial Ghosty
Rowley
AlexHuckerby
OasisBFC
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
hampo17
rycoys
13 posters

Go down

v klitscko chisora on box nation , shocking !! Empty v klitscko chisora on box nation , shocking !!

Post by rycoys Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:56 pm

i cannot belive a wbc heavy wight championship bout involving a brittish fighter is on a ppv channel , no wounder boxing is dyeing ! this should be on skysports simple ! i havent seen any promotion for the fight or anything !! mad

rycoys

Back to top Go down

v klitscko chisora on box nation , shocking !! Empty Re: v klitscko chisora on box nation , shocking !!

Post by hampo17 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Chisora fights for Frank Warren so Frank Warren is showing it on his TV channel, nt exactly shocking or hard to understand.

Anyway Enzo Mac/Paul Smith do a hell of a better job than Jim Watt does for Sky.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

v klitscko chisora on box nation , shocking !! Empty Re: v klitscko chisora on box nation , shocking !!

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:48 pm

hampo171 wrote:Chisora fights for Frank Warren so Frank Warren is showing it on his TV channel, nt exactly shocking or hard to understand.

Anyway Enzo Mac/Paul Smith do a hell of a better job than Jim Watt does for Sky.

I think he's talking more about the fact an englishman is fighting for the heavyweight championship, the biggest title in the game but only select subscribers know about it and only a few will see it.

It is a shame as boxing needs a boost and this won't help it.

Imagine the champions league final on ESPN

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Fail to see the point of complaining its on PPV, the OP can't seriously think that if it wasn't on boxnation it wouldn't be on box office?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:43 pm

where else was it going to be? he's a frank warren fighter.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Prefer Jim Watt by a mile to the likes of Enzo Mac, I cannot stand his voice...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Am not just saying this because boxnation advertise with but the last time I looked you have to pay for Sky Sports

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:59 pm

You do Jeff but look at the wide array of sport you get to watch.

International football, premier league football, european football, golf, rugby, cricket and lots lots more.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:00 pm

rowley wrote:Am not just saying this because boxnation advertise with but the last time I looked you have to pay for Sky Sports

Yup, think his point was that Sky have the power to promote a fight properly or the platform to as they are a powerhouse in this country. Though I feel you know this you devil you.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:05 pm

My thoughts on boxnation are well documented and have not and will not change for the addition of a blue badge to my name bar on here but was more alluding to the inference that Sky is available to each and everyone which is not the case. However do genuinely think the lack of promotion is due to more than the channel and in reality has as much to do with the fact Dereck has not got a hope in hell of winning.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:11 pm

dont know about lack of promotion, ive got a advert across my screen for it right now...

i dont have sky, but if i was paying $40 a month for it i'd defintely pay an extra tenner for a boxing dedicated channel.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:13 pm

MOre like TV promotion though not just internet promotion, Sky don't really advertise for us boxing geeks as thehy know we will watch if they had the fight, it's to attract the not so hardcore fans, or casuals, BoxNation have a massive problem advertising to the casuals.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Don't why the huge disappointment behind Sky ? they've never shown boxing for a long time now, if it wasn't for box nation I'd have to watch Prizefighter! Sky's a disgrace to boxing, and lets not forget 20 years plus ago Sky took boxing from the terrestrial channels and is a subscription channel.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:30 am

If a subscription channel could offer a complete boxing package I might be more interested but if these became successes what would the future hold? Would there be 4 or 5 boxing subscription channels each offering different stables of fighters and expecting people to subscribe to them all?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:09 am

Must admit I'm disappointed, I was rather hoping it would be shown on Sky.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:09 am

tcribb wrote:Don't why the huge disappointment behind Sky ? they've never shown boxing for a long time now, if it wasn't for box nation I'd have to watch Prizefighter! Sky's a disgrace to boxing, and lets not forget 20 years plus ago Sky took boxing from the terrestrial channels and is a subscription channel.

Yes, Sky took a huge swathe of fans away when they threw their big bucks at promoters and whisked boxing away from terrestrial channels, but what would have happened to the myriad of fantastic small hall shows that we have seen over the last decade. Without the backing of Sky, we would simply never have seen them. There is no way that the BBC or ITV would have shown small hall shows, pretty much every weekend during the 'season' in the manner that we have become accustomed to. They would have shown 'big' fights of a Benn/Eubank/Calzaghe/Hatton variety and plenty of heavyweight action, but that would be it. Boxing isn't just about fights of this nature. We have been truly spoiled by the quality and quantity of some of the stuff that Sky have shown, the same stuff that would never have made it onto the BBC. You could maybe make a case for saying BBC4 or ITV4 and the like may have picked some of the small hall stuff up, but that is pure guesswork.

No-one likes PPV sport of any nature. Who really likes parting with their money to watch sport, it goes against everything it should stand for, but I just can't understand this kind of support for Boxnation/Primetime, just because Sky did it first. There is no justification for the further dilution of boxings fan base. At least you get more bang for your buck with Sky. Are we really saying that Sky were terrible for boxing, yet here we are watching it happen all over again with single sport subscription and doing nothing about it?

As manos has rightly pointed out, where does all this end? Frank Maloney TV, Boxnation, Eddie Hearn TV. All charging a subscription to see their stable of fighters. It is a worrying development and I struggle to see how it benefits the long term health of the sport.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:12 am

Got to agree Tina, have never really got the whole argument that the sport is already marginalised through Sky so boxnation marginalising it further does not matter. For me that is akin to saying "well I'd had three pints so knew I was already over the drink drive limit so didn't see any problem with having another 8 pints"

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:24 am

rowley wrote:Got to agree Tina, have never really got the whole argument that the sport is already marginalised through Sky so boxnation marginalising it further does not matter. For me that is akin to saying "well I'd had three pints so knew I was already over the drink drive limit so didn't see any problem with having another 8 pints"

Precisely. It is an utterly illogical argument. I come on here and mess around, but deep down I love the sport and want to see it flourish. It has the genuine capacity to enthrall, to invoke emotion, to make you laugh and cry in equal measures, and it still, underneath the few 'superstars', remains a sport of the people and for the people. It has it's roots in working class culture much like football used to have, and I hate to see the very foundations of the sport being steadily eroded like this. I know people have joked about boxing dying for a century, but I really, genuinely fear for it these days. Of course it will always exist and be the greatest of combat sports, but these are frightening times, in my humble opinion.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:34 am

Terrestial TV is not interested in boxing and usually does it a diservice. I think Lewis against Rahman was the last Heavyweight title fight on Terrestial.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down