The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Ford Pledges Future to Leicester

3 posters

Go down

George Ford Pledges Future to Leicester Empty George Ford Pledges Future to Leicester

Post by killer938 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:29 am

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/George-Ford-pledges-future-Leicester-Tigers/story-15214316-detail/story.html

At least one decent piece of news this weekend. Hopefully he can continue to develop, already noticeable he has bulked up recently. Despite the results earlier in the season I was impressed by the way he handled himself.

killer938

Back to top Go down

George Ford Pledges Future to Leicester Empty Re: George Ford Pledges Future to Leicester

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 10:25 am

+1 to that Killer. He's coming on well and should hopefully be getting lots of game time next season. Maybe even a decent run with Tigers once Flood is back in the England team.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

George Ford Pledges Future to Leicester Empty Re: George Ford Pledges Future to Leicester

Post by maverickmak Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:22 pm

Yahoo

maverickmak

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:25 pm

Yeh, I hope he will get a run in the side if Flood goes back as well. Disappointing that it seems Cockerill wasn't prepared to put him on on Saturday even though Flood wasn't having a great game by all accounts

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:34 pm

I would presume that was because Flood is a better kicker and with it being a tight game maybe Cockers was thinking it might come down to Tigers needing a kick. Having said that Flood could have gone to 12 and Ford at 10 with Allen going off.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:40 pm

Yeh I guess so, and he is only 18 but I just wonder how long it stays like that. I mean, if we had been down by 15 points and needed to attack do we really think Cockerill makes the change? I for one don't. Now obviously we have to be sensible with him and Flood needed game time but I would like to see how good Ford could be with Allen and Manu etc outside him, instead of just what he can do when half our team is missing like earlier in the season.

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm

Cockerill does tend to make young players work hard for their breaks into the first team but is loyal to them once they're there. Sam Harrison is a good example of that, this season he went from 4th choice 9 to 2nd choice so Ford may well have to bide his time and work hard off the field but that's just the way of it. Hopefully he'll get 10 mins or so next week and then start the week after alongside his academy pal Harrison. That'll be a real change from last years back up pairing of Grindal and Staunton.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:58 pm

Yeh, not sure I could survive having to watch those 2 together again. For all their solid qualities, their attempts to play attacking rugby was like trying to get blood from a stone. Harrison and Ford together with a decent pack will be a refreshing change, even if things don't come off immediately for them

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:26 pm

Grindal and Staunton attempted to play attacking rugby? Harrison and Ford is not only a cracking double act name but should also inject some good flat gain line rugby to our play as both of them really draw the forwards into attacking flat off the shoulder of the half backs. Ford should be well used to utilising Manu from the academy days as well.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 10:16 am

Sorry Sam, I guess I try and look for a silver lining everywhere, hence saying they attempted it.

Could you imagine the puns that would come out if/when they play with each other regularly. Anyway, hopefully it happens sooner rather than later

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down